47 votes

[ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply

donniewb420

donniewb420

Android Lover

• 119 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:51 PM #491

Here is a weird one that just cropped up with the latest nightly build for me. No matter what I get sounds when I tap the keyboard, even with the touch sounds turned off. Also, as to the quality of those sounds it isn't the usual typewriter sound you get but rather a more dimmed out typewriter if it were in a submarine type of sound. All other sound seems to work fine however, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to atleast fix the sound if it is going to be perma stuck on.

I am getting really slow playing music....
  • 0 Likes
HP TouchPad 32 GB
JCSullins CM10 4.1.2 Preview -11/8/12
GApps 4.2

entg888

entg888

• 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:58 PM #492

Does anyone know how to fix the thumbnails in the Recent Apps menu? In landscape, the screenshots do not fill the whole rectangle, leaving an outline that is 3/4 full. In Portrait, it works as it should.
  • 0 Likes

oida

oida

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:18 AM #493

After upgrading to the latest nightly I couldn't connect to my Wifi anymore. After removing everything from /data/misc/wifi - it works.
  • 0 Likes

gor

gor

Average Android

• 307 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:40 AM #494

Here is a weird one that just cropped up with the latest nightly build for me. No matter what I get sounds when I tap the keyboard, even with the touch sounds turned off. Also, as to the quality of those sounds it isn't the usual typewriter sound you get but rather a more dimmed out typewriter if it were in a submarine type of sound. All other sound seems to work fine however, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to atleast fix the sound if it is going to be perma stuck on.

have you unchecked "sound on key-press" in keyboard settings..located in system settings>language&input>android keyboard>sound on key-press.
only turning off "touch sounds" in system settings will not disable keyboard sound.
  • 0 Likes

Taffowl

Taffowl

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:44 AM #495

Is anybody else having problems with airplay in the recent nightly builds? I've succesfully used airplay using the twonky app with a previous builds but for some reason it hasn't work recently. I'm currently on the 18 April nightly build and all my other devices on the network can see the bonjour services but running the twonky or the zeroconf browser on the touchpad returns no results for the apple tv.

I've tried re-configuring the router, using a different router, having the apple tv hard wired on a router with just the touchpad and iphone attached, and the iphone sees the appletv but still no joy with the touchpad. Is there a setting or package that I'm missing on the touchpad or is this functionality just not working at the moment in the nightly builds?

p.s i've tried regressing to previous builds but still without any joy.
  • 0 Likes

hooutoo

hooutoo

• 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00 AM #496

FYI - 4/23 installed, Chrome Beta still doesn't work at 132 dpi
  • 0 Likes

chripuck

chripuck

Android Lover

• 104 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:51 AM #497

It would be great if there was some kind of night mode in the ROM that allowed for very minimal back lighting in very dark environments. I've been bitched at twice for looking at a text book in one of my lecture courses because of the bright, lowest setting of the TP in cm9.

Just download screen dimmer from the play store. I use it late at night to reduce the brightness substantially.

EDIT: Screen Filter....

https://play.google....com.haxor&hl=en

Even comes with a widget for easy on/off. Drop your brightness to minimum in android and then set this and it's an instant (and can be quite dramatic) dimming effect.

Edited by chripuck, 23 April 2012 - 05:52 AM.

• 0 Likes

chripuck

chripuck

Android Lover

• 104 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:57 AM #498

FYI - 4/23 installed, Chrome Beta still doesn't work at 132 dpi

As far as I can tell this is not a CM problem. Simply google Chrome Beta DPI and you'll see multiple posts with people running various ROMs on various devices also having problems with the latest update. Unless someone smarter than me says otherwise, it makes no sense for the work the CM team is doing to affect Chrome in that way. This is Google's problem, not CM's.
  • 0 Likes

Xsever

Xsever

Android Beginner

• 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:19 AM #499

0422 nightly is out. Just flashed it along with the ardeno drivers. Looking good so far.
  • 0 Likes

FMinMI

FMinMI

Android Lover

• 203 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:35 AM #500

I am getting ready for a trip and want to use my TP (currently has the 4/18 build) to play back TV shows that I recorded with WIN7 and Media Center. I used Format Factory to take the .WTV files and convert them to both AVI and MP4 in 'mobile device' mode, then transferred them both to my TP. I am using the paid version of Vplayer. In both cases, although it plays, the audio is not linked up correctly with the people's 'mouths' (audio lags video), and the video seems a little jumpy (not fluid). I did set VPlayer for hardware acceleration, and I have not messed around with overclocking or DPI settings (whatever the nightly gives is what I have), which leads me to ask for help -- has anyone else played around with their TP w/the nightly builds and found what is the best video format to use and what parameters are needed to get good battery life and fluid playback of videos with CM9? Note: when I play the videos on the home computer, I do not see these issues...

Thanks!

Frank

Edited by FMinMI, 23 April 2012 - 06:40 AM.

• 0 Likes