- - - - -

[How-To] Create a Bubble Mms app

Mms Bubble Mms HowTo
  • Please log in to reply

the1dynasty

the1dynasty

• 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:49 PM #101

i have a couple people looking into this... but in case anyone is curious... this is everything that i'm doing to theme this mms.apk... https://www.dropbox....jr7e/0A1wu2evwC

it has the res folder with the files i'm editing/adding... also has them in a downloadable zip... and the actual mms.apk i'm working off of... this is all JB based... also those files are decompiled already in case anyone wants to just open it up and see where my errors are!
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

OP Schoat333

Schoat333

Themer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:42 AM #102

i have a couple people looking into this... but in case anyone is curious... this is everything that i'm doing to theme this mms.apk... https://www.dropbox....jr7e/0A1wu2evwC

it has the res folder with the files i'm editing/adding... also has them in a downloadable zip... and the actual mms.apk i'm working off of... this is all JB based... also those files are decompiled already in case anyone wants to just open it up and see where my errors are!

Unfortunately drop box is blocked at my work, so I can't download your files.

Make sure you are only working with the APK that's in the dist folder after you recompile.
  • 0 Likes

the1dynasty

the1dynasty

• 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:51 AM #103

Unfortunately drop box is blocked at my work, so I can't download your files.

Make sure you are only working with the APK that's in the dist folder after you recompile.

Thanks... small update for me... I got someone to help me build it from source using my images and the proper XML code!! Thanks for the info I. This thread... here's what I got!!

Jellybean w/emoji+SMS split+MMS conversion+++

Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

Posted Image

OP Schoat333

Schoat333

Themer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 AM #104

That good. Building from source is always easier. You get errors if there is a problem.

Might want to putt that screenshot tho, and mask your phone number. Lots of skeezy people on the internet.
  • 0 Likes

the1dynasty

the1dynasty

• 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:23 AM #105

That good. Building from source is always easier. You get errors if there is a problem.

Might want to putt that screenshot tho, and mask your phone number. Lots of skeezy people on the internet.

Thanks... its a biz line anyways... its already everywhere online that's connected to me lol... and I'm too lazy to edit it...

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

Luckyboii69

Luckyboii69

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:32 PM #106

this tutorial wont work on mms jb 4.1.1
  • 0 Likes

the1dynasty

the1dynasty

• 51 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:37 PM #107

this tutorial wont work on mms jb 4.1.1

yes it does... i found one issue when installing it tho... i can't edit res>values>styles.xml... if i do, the apk won't install properly...

this is my themed mms using this guide!! it was built from source... but i had played with a stock jb mms b4 having it built from source and it worked fine with the exception of editing the "styles.xml"

Posted Image
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

OP Schoat333

Schoat333

Themer

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:52 AM #108

yes it does... i found one issue when installing it tho... i can't edit res>values>styles.xml... if i do, the apk won't install properly...

this is my themed mms using this guide!! it was built from source... but i had played with a stock jb mms b4 having it built from source and it worked fine with the exception of editing the "styles.xml"

That's odd, I haven't had any problems editing the styles.xml. Are you flashing in recovery, or trying to actually install the apk? Mms is meant to be a system app, so you should only flash from within recovery.

This tutorial will still work for JB. You can follow the tutorial, and it will work, or you can use the included hairline_left and hairline_right images instead of adding in sent_bg and recv_bg.

Also, if you are using APKtool, make sure you have the newest version, and make sure you have the newest aapt.

Edited by Schoat333, 02 August 2012 - 03:54 AM.

• 0 Likes

the1dynasty

the1dynasty

• 51 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:24 AM #109

I tried to put it on my phone in every way possible and nothing worked when I edited that XML... which is why I just ended up having it built from source...

I'm using apkmanager 5.0.2 which I'm sure needs some updating lol

• 0 Likes

Posted Image

OP Schoat333

Schoat333

Themer

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:30 AM #110

I tried to put it on my phone in every way possible and nothing worked when I edited that XML... which is why I just ended up having it built from source...

I'm using apkmanager 5.0.2 which I'm sure needs some updating lol

Yep, that will do it. Download the newest version of apk multi tool (Replaced apk manager), and you should be good.

http://apkmultitool.com/?q=node/5

If you prefer the apk manager interface, just copy the aapt, apktool.bat, and apktool.jar out of the apkmultitool folder, and into your apkmanager folder.
  • 1 Likes