1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

3 votes

[Theme Chooser] Elegance Themes (Emerald, Ruby, and Dark Elegance so far)

aokp ics android theme
  • Please log in to reply

GatorsUF

GatorsUF

Android Beginner

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:03 AM #11

Strange thing happening. I have a hard time believing this ROM caused it but it seems like the common denominator...

I was running AOKP29 all day yesterday no problem, then I installed this theme (which looks great btw) and once installed I would set my phone down with the screen off (sleep mode) and it would randomly turn on. I reflashed b29 w/ gapps and everything is back to normal, no random screen wakes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

OP artvandelay440

artvandelay440

I love goodly syntax

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:57 AM #12

Strange thing happening. I have a hard time believing this ROM caused it but it seems like the common denominator...

I was running AOKP29 all day yesterday no problem, then I installed this theme (which looks great btw) and once installed I would set my phone down with the screen off (sleep mode) and it would randomly turn on. I reflashed b29 w/ gapps and everything is back to normal, no random screen wakes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using RootzWiki

Never seen/heard about that before. Of course, b29 is considered a test build, so little quirks like that are more common. If i get any more reports of that, i'll investigate.
  • 0 Likes

sheradrax

sheradrax

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:49 PM #13

It was compiled from Nexus framework. I'm sure there are significant differences to both framework and systemUI for the fascinate build. I guess this was intended for the Galaxy Nexus, but if that's the only issue with the Fascinate I'm very surprised lol. Glad everything else works though.

ya. every thing else works. its awesome. :)
would there be a way to remove that from the theme? i dont mind the nav bar but it would be nice for the option.
and now I am going to try it on build 29. :)

Edited by sheradrax, 30 March 2012 - 12:54 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP artvandelay440

artvandelay440

I love goodly syntax

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:01 PM #14

Well, you could remove the framework from the zip and keep yours, but you lose 75% of the theme lol. I can't think of anything i wrote that would possibly have any effect on screen_wake_activity though.
  • 0 Likes

ThaSik1

ThaSik1

Android Beginner

• 73 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:26 PM #15

I will be honest..Totally almost creamed myself after seeing those screenies..Been running ICS since decemberish and I'm kinda burned out on the bland blue now. Unfortunately I'm on a variant of the Galaxy S (showcase) and do worry I'd have the same issues as sheradrax so I may hold off on it. But just thought I'd drop in to let you know that this theme is SIK!! lol hopefully if someone requests to port it, you won't put up a fight cuz I need this theme haha
  • 0 Likes

sheradrax

sheradrax

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:28 PM #16

Well, you could remove the framework from the zip and keep yours, but you lose 75% of the theme lol. I can't think of anything i wrote that would possibly have any effect on screen_wake_activity though.

could i edit it out of the framework? i have no experience but have been reading up on how to do it recently because i want to eventually get to theming and then actually developing. there has to be a way to edit out a hard coded nav bar right?

Edited by sheradrax, 30 March 2012 - 02:17 PM.

• 0 Likes

sheradrax

sheradrax

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:29 PM #17

I will be honest..Totally almost creamed myself after seeing those screenies..Been running ICS since decemberish and I'm kinda burned out on the bland blue now. Unfortunately I'm on a variant of the Galaxy S (showcase) and do worry I'd have the same issues as sheradrax so I may hold off on it. But just thought I'd drop in to let you know that this theme is SIK!! lol hopefully if someone requests to port it, you won't put up a fight cuz I need this theme haha

the only problem is the hard coded nav bar. you should give it a try if you dont mind that. im on the bastard child of the galaxy s, the fascinate. :)
  • 0 Likes

sheradrax

sheradrax

Super User

• 258 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM #18

artvandelay. could you point me to how to port this to the fassy? i would love to fix it up for us if thats ok.
  • 0 Likes

OP artvandelay440

artvandelay440

I love goodly syntax

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:53 PM #19

artvandelay. could you point me to how to port this to the fassy? i would love to fix it up for us if thats ok.

PM sent.
  • 0 Likes

bobshute

bobshute

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:39 PM #20

I have a Vibrant running ICZen which is AOKP b28 based. I have no need for the Nav bar. I modified the framework-res.apk. Now in Rom Control it gives you the option to enable or disable the Nav Bar. At least on my Vib.

Here's the modified CWM with the changed framework. http://dl.dropbox.co...1b28_no_nav.zip

I hope other Galaxy S devices can use it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bobshute, 30 March 2012 - 05:49 PM.

• 0 Likes