1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

2 votes

[37 Devices!][Themed AOKP] ░⋮ AOKPCB R2 (+ Nightlies) ROM ⋮░ Circuit Board Theme - Built from Source!

aokp pcb theme
  • Please log in to reply

OP scar45

scar45

Genuine Human Bean

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:05 PM #1

updated on 06-28-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This project is a representation of the benefits that open source brings. Using the Android ROM source of Team AOKP, we bring you a rock-solid, feature-rich base ROM, topped off with a serving of PCB goodness that gives your device a very unique look.

We plan on adding more features and modifications as the ROM progresses, so feel free to leave us suggestions and feedback via replying to this thread, or join us on IRC.

Keep an eye on our PCB Mini-Site for MUCH more information, as well as news updates and changelogs.

Posted Image
  • Acer Iconia A500 (picasso)
  • ASUS Transformer (tf101)
  • ASUS Transformer (tf201)
  • HP Touchpad (tenderloin)
  • HTC Desire (bravo)
  • HTC EVO 4G (supersonic)
  • HTC Incredible (inc)
  • HTC Sensation (pyramid)
  • HTC Incredible 2 (vivow)
  • HTC One S (ville)
  • Kindle Fire (otter)
  • LG Optimus 2X (p990)
  • LG G2x (p999)
  • Motorola Xoom - Verizon (stingray)
  • Motorola Xoom - Wi-Fi (wingray)
  • Samsung Captivate (captivatemtd)
  • Samsung Fascinate (fascinatemtd)
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE/CDMA (toro)
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sprint (toroplus)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note (n7000)
  • Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) (galaxysmtd)
  • Samsung Galaxy S Mesmerize (mesmerizemtd)
  • Samsung Galaxy S Showcase (showcasemtd)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989) (hercules)
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-I727) (skyrocket)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 - Verizon (p1c)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - 3G (P7500) (p4)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Verizon (p4vzw)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (p4wifi)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi (p5wifi)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (espressowifi)
  • Samsung Nexus S (crespo)
  • Samsung Nexus S 4G (crespo4g)
  • Samsung Vibrant (vibrantmtd)
Unofficial Devices (Ports):
  • Motorola Atrix (olympus)
  • Motorola Photon (sunfire)
  • Samsung Infuse 4G (????)

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

--> Available on our PCB Mini-Site
Posted Image

Posted Image

Team Broccoli is a fresh collaboration of Android enthusiasts:
  • scar45
  • remicks
  • cr5315
  • sixstringsg
Contributors and thanks to:
  • Team Kang
  • Donators everywhere
  • ex0a
  • J2
  • + more to be added, chat with us on IRC if you would like to help out
  • UOT Kitchen for their circle battery icons
  • Some other icons were obtained at IconFinder
  • hostedWithGeeks for the excellent hosting experience/service
Posted Image if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!

Disclaimer:
Flash this at your own risk! Team Broccoli is NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device, however we do use AOKPCB ourselves. Always perform a NANDROID backup + Cache / Dalvik Cache wipe (at the least) before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!

Edited by scar45, 28 June 2012 - 06:35 PM.

• 30 Likes
Posted Image

Jubakuba

Jubakuba

Not Female

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:23 PM #2

Dope.
I tend to stick skinless...until I get absolutely bored with not having anything to flash.
This is definitely on my list.

Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Root Guide

I605/Toro/Grouper/Manta: AOKP/LeanKernel

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

"Juba is kind of a dock."

OP scar45

scar45

Genuine Human Bean

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:29 PM #3

Dope.
I tend to stick skinless...until I get absolutely bored with not having anything to flash.
This is definitely on my list.

Thanks.

:) I hear ya Jubakuba, which is why I actually make 2 versions of this theme. The *SWAGGER* one is a bit more flashy, while the "non-swagger" one is very close to stock, with a few unique and subtle PCB patterns sprinkled throughout.

Be sure to let me know what you think if/when you do try it out! :D
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol

Android Lover

• 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:21 PM #4

I am making a backup to try b29 as I type this, going to give this a go once I get it up and running. Thanks for this.
  • 0 Likes

n8schicht

n8schicht

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:43 PM #5

Hi Scar!
Unfortunately I have the same problem again as with a previous build of your theme: the status bar and nav bar are disappearing. I set up AOKP b29 yesterday evening, so it is a fresh install with lots of reboots in between ;) But still, no nav bar.
I have the feeling that a certain setting in ROM Control is causing this, but that's just a feeling from previous observations. At least it has to do with framework-res.apk because as soon as I exchange this, I will lose the bars.

Oh well, what a pity... Cheers!
  • 0 Likes

k4p741nkrunch

k4p741nkrunch

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:46 PM #6

Would it be possible to port this to the p999 (G2x)?

Looks amazing and I would love to use it.
  • 0 Likes

Pachanka

Pachanka

• 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:39 AM #7

swagger version is corrupted ?
  • 0 Likes

OP scar45

scar45

Genuine Human Bean

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:37 AM #8

Hi Scar!
Unfortunately I have the same problem again as with a previous build of your theme: the status bar and nav bar are disappearing. I set up AOKP b29 yesterday evening, so it is a fresh install with lots of reboots in between ;) But still, no nav bar.
I have the feeling that a certain setting in ROM Control is causing this, but that's just a feeling from previous observations. At least it has to do with framework-res.apk because as soon as I exchange this, I will lose the bars.

Oh well, what a pity... Cheers!

Hi n8schicht, sorry to hear that you're having issues, but when you say you 'exchanged framework-res.apk", are you pushing it to the phone WITHOUT flashing the .zip through recovery? I'm just trying to understand how you're doing it. It's also odd, because the navbar styles are contained within SystemUI.apk, so I would think the problem would arise at that time. Also, framework-res.apk ONLY has images replaced (no XML edits). Anyways, I'll do my best to help you, but I haven't heard of another user lately with the same problem :(

Would it be possible to port this to the p999 (G2x)?

Looks amazing and I would love to use it.

Thanks k4p741nkrunch! I actually have a plan in the works to port to more devices, but as this is a huge bitch of a task, I'm trying to plan the best way to do so. Regardless, it's on my roadmap, and I hope to support EVERY device that AOKP is built for.

swagger version is corrupted ?

Hi Pachanka, what makes you say this? Yesterday something happened with the first version of the maguro swagger theme where it was built the same as the non-swagger, so I removed it from the mini-site, fixed it, and reposted. I'm running that actual version on my maguro now, and everything seems fine. Are you using toro or maguro?
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

n8schicht

n8schicht

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 AM #9

Hi n8schicht, sorry to hear that you're having issues, but when you say you 'exchanged framework-res.apk", are you pushing it to the phone WITHOUT flashing the .zip through recovery? I'm just trying to understand how you're doing it. It's also odd, because the navbar styles are contained within SystemUI.apk, so I would think the problem would arise at that time. Also, framework-res.apk ONLY has images replaced (no XML edits). Anyways, I'll do my best to help you, but I haven't heard of another user lately with the same problem :(

Hi scar, thanks for the reply!
Usually I'm flashing through recovery. Exchanging the files by hand was just a test. But never mind, I wiped again and your theme is working now ;)
One thing I noticed: in some programs the background of the context menu has a turquoise color. Other programs show a rather "normal" dark color. Is this by accident or intention? (I prefer the dark color throughout your theme).
Thanks again, cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2012-03-30-17-39-46.png
  • Screenshot_2012-03-30-19-07-04.png

• 0 Likes

OP scar45

scar45

Genuine Human Bean

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:33 PM #10

Hi scar, thanks for the reply!
Usually I'm flashing through recovery. Exchanging the files by hand was just a test. But never mind, I wiped again and your theme is working now ;)
One thing I noticed: in some programs the background of the context menu has a turquoise color. Other programs show a rather "normal" dark color. Is this by accident or intention? (I prefer the dark color throughout your theme).
Thanks again, cheers

Not a problem n8schicht, I'm glad you got it sorted. For all intents and purposes, it's always best to flash my .zip, otherwise you'll have to worry about setting permissions, etc., whereas flashing the .zip is much easier. I'm sure you know that, but you did say you were testing stuff, so at least now you know :)

Otherwise, with those images, it is by design, and the reason for this is because the 2nd screenie / calendar requests Android to draw the 'light' popup, where the other screenie was for the 'dark'. I just made it this way to sort of resemble the stock behaviour, and to change it, I'll need to edit some XML colours so it's not dark text on a dark background. I'll surely look into it, but please remind me down the road if I've forgot. I like what you have suggested.

Otherwise, glad to hear it's working good now for ya!
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image