31 votes

[ROM][IMM76I] ICZen 1.8.5 - Fistful of Zen - 7-12-12 [Deficient Development]

• Please log in to reply

yosup

yosup

BOOM ... shaga laga

• 1,588 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:52 PM #2891

... Have not been able to get USB Mass Storage working ...

One thing to check is if Fast Charge is enabled. If so, untoggle it (ie. add Fast Charge to your toggle list) or disable via NS Tools (download from Google Play Store). Also check ROM Control » Performance » Kernel Tweaks ... to see if Fast Charge is enabled at startup.

Edited by yosup, 30 July 2012 - 03:01 PM.

• 0 Likes

Zen Mafia : ZFFZ ( that's how we roll )

OP Br1cK'd

Br1cK'd

like a tree down by the water baby i shall not move....

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:58 PM #2892

So I'm new to changing ROMs and deided to swtich to ICZen from stock Froyo and am loving it. Makes my Vibrant usable again.

I had a couple of questions:

• Have not been able to get USB Mass Storage working. I get the popup and say turn it on and the phone thinks it is on, but I never see it show up in windows other than in device manager I see USB Mass Storage with a yellow triangle.
  • Is there some way to disable the pop-up for turning on USB mass storage? Most of the time I am connecting to USB just to charge the phone. I'd rather just have a notification item that I can select if I want to connect.
  • In the toggles for the notification pane there is a Zen toggle. What is that supposed to do?

Welcome, hope you continue to enjoy the build.

Did you do a full wipe? There is no popup on the phone for mounting, only the notification in the pull down. If your speaking of the popup on your windows system, thats a windows thing. You can download nstools from the play store, and enable fast charge, and that will allow for only charging via usb, to mount, you will need to disable fast charge an replug into your pc.

The drivers you need for mounting, I think (trying to remember its been so long since I stopped using froyo) are the google usb drivers, from the sdk package. You will be able to find those with a google search.

The Zen toggle turns on your inner Zen, and will start you going with a meditative chant if long pressed.

Hope I've answered your questions.

Edit - and as yosup said, if you do already have fast charge enabled, then that will disable mounting to your pc, but shouldn't be detected by windows.

Sent from the ICZen Experience

Edited by Br1cK'd, 30 July 2012 - 02:59 PM.

• 5 Likes

ZFFZ

dalewking

dalewking

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:40 AM #2893

Good to know on the FastCharge as a way to disable the pop-up. The pop-up I am referring to is that when I plug the USB cable in I get a screen (which is one of the screen shots in the first message in this thread) with Buddha and a button to turn on USB storage. If I'm watching a video podcast and plug the phone in I don't want to interrupt it as I rarely ever need to mount it, I just want to charge it. I will use FastCharge to disable it.

I did not have any trouble mounting on my Mac.

There seems to be some bugs around the USB stuff. Today I get nothing when plugging in the USB into windows. I have also twice seen where I unplug the USB and the phone immediately resets.

And no I did not wipe the file system.

Edited by dalewking, 31 July 2012 - 05:43 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP Br1cK'd

Br1cK'd

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:49 AM #2894

That might be the problem, no wipey. :) Verify the MD5 of your download with whats posted in the OP, do a full wipe, and reflash. Have you had buggy experiences with your USB up to this point? I ask because this is not an error anyone has reported in the recent, or really any, versions of this build.

If the phone is resetting when you unplug, check the port on the phone, make sure there's not any debris or fuzz in there. You may want to, with battery out of course, clean the port with an alcohol wipe in case anything made its way in there and is messing with your contacts.

It may be a problem with your windows box also, if it mounts properly to your MAC. Make sure you are using the original cord that came with the phone, or try a different USB port all together.

Also, if you do indeed have fast charge enabled, then you won't see anything when plugging into your windows system, thats how its designed to work, however, the mounting screen with the buddha should not popup automatically, unless you click the drop down notification. This tells me something else is going on here, so my first recommendation is the best place to start, verify the MD5 of the file you downloaded, if it doesn't match, redownload ICZen, and reflash after performing a full wipe following the instructions in the OP.

Let us know how you fare.
  • 0 Likes

ZFFZ

xringo

xringo

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:55 PM #2895

Led light don't seem to be working with this rom :/. Or is it just me? I've even checked the settings for the led lights and everything should be working fine but nope.Am i meant to install a app or something?
  • 0 Likes

dougfresh

dougfresh

Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:27 PM #2896

If you mean the capacitive lights notifications, then dl nstools from G.Play and enable it from there. If you mean torch lights,they don't exist on the Vibrant
  • 1 Likes

chuckofalltrades

chuckofalltrades

Average Android

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:38 AM #2897

Hello! Small bit of trouble.

I used the ICZen ROM on my SGS i9000, and while everything else works brilliantly, Whatsapp doesn't seem to work. It keeps giving me the following error:

Alert:
We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try it again.
Note: tablets are currently not supported.

So I did restart - thrice, no dice each time.
Could someone help out? Thanks very, very much.

Deepak
  • 0 Likes

OP Br1cK'd

Br1cK'd

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:42 PM #2898

I know nothing about Whatsapp, but this rom also isn't designed for the i9000.

That being said, do you know where Whatsapp is pulling the rom info from? It should be from the build.prop, and it should identify it as a Vibrant unless you changed the build.prop.
  • 0 Likes

ZFFZ

xringo

xringo

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:01 PM #2899

Hello! Small bit of trouble.

I used the ICZen ROM on my SGS i9000, and while everything else works brilliantly, Whatsapp doesn't seem to work. It keeps giving me the following error:

Alert:
We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try it again.
Note: tablets are currently not supported.

So I did restart - thrice, no dice each time.
Could someone help out? Thanks very, very much.

Deepak

Weird. Whatsapp is working for me and no errors like that what so ever
  • 0 Likes

gdpaull

gdpaull

Hey now!

• 92 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:30 PM #2900

Hey now! It's been pretty quiet around here, eh? Well, 1.8.5 is smoooooth as butter, so that makes sense...nobody has any bugs to report! suhweeeet!
  • 1 Likes