Rate this Topic

31 votes

[ROM][IMM76I] ICZen 1.8.5 - Fistful of Zen - 7-12-12 [Deficient Development]

• Please log in to reply

mr_psycho

mr_psycho

"Retired" Developer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:41 PM #2881

Yeah. I saw that, aw well. Time for someone else to step up and fill the CM9/10 void. Unfortunately, this is what happens when the devs start upgrading their phones.

MP
  • 0 Likes
Daily Driver: TMO SGS3 - Stock/Odex/TW/ICS 4.0.4 UVALI5 + UVALI8 Modem + CWM6 + My Own Custom Kernel (MOCK) Redux
Fine print: v3.0.8 -- 384/1512 MHz -- Noop/Ondemand -- XZ compressed -- 4096K SD read-ahead

blah, blah, blah. something /dev/random. yada, yada, yada.

Martezgarki

Martezgarki

• 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:56 AM #2882

Is it advisable to load SuperCharger for this?
  • 0 Likes

drizze99

drizze99

Average Android

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:38 AM #2883

Chrome works fine on mine. I don't use the data off feature so I can't comment.

My problem could stem from the nandroid back-up I am using. Prior to the nandroid, I had no issues. One day I was bored at work so I made a nandroid, wiped my phone and loaded up the most recent CM10 to check out. When I was finished testing and playing, I wiped and loaded up my nandroid. Since then, my System UI crashes now on occasion and now this Google Chrome thing is happening. I might just do a clean wipe of the phone and start again with a fresh flash.
  • 0 Likes
xda Vet and Rootz n00b!

mr_psycho

mr_psycho

"Retired" Developer

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:32 AM #2884

My problem could stem from the nandroid back-up I am using. Prior to the nandroid, I had no issues. One day I was bored at work so I made a nandroid, wiped my phone and loaded up the most recent CM10 to check out. When I was finished testing and playing, I wiped and loaded up my nandroid. Since then, my System UI crashes now on occasion and now this Google Chrome thing is happening. I might just do a clean wipe of the phone and start again with a fresh flash.

If you made a Nandroid backup using the CM10 kernel (or a recent Devil kernel), then it uses CWM Recovery v6. If you try to restore a v6 Nandroid using CWM v5, you will have problems, since v5 does not use the "blobs" directory for data. subZero still uses CWM Recovery v5.

The next subZero will have CWM Recovery v6.

You could install an ICS Devil 1.x kernel that has CWM Recovery v6, and use that to perform an "advance restore" of your /data partition. At this point, you could flash any other ICS kernel, or continue using Devil kernel with ICZen.

If that doesn't work, then you could, as a last resort, perform a full wipe in CWM Recovery (v5 or v6), and start over configuring your apps from scratch.

MP
  • 0 Likes
Daily Driver: TMO SGS3 - Stock/Odex/TW/ICS 4.0.4 UVALI5 + UVALI8 Modem + CWM6 + My Own Custom Kernel (MOCK) Redux
Fine print: v3.0.8 -- 384/1512 MHz -- Noop/Ondemand -- XZ compressed -- 4096K SD read-ahead

blah, blah, blah. something /dev/random. yada, yada, yada.

gdpaull

gdpaull

Hey now!

• 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:43 PM #2885

Hey now! I know this is off topic, but I'm going to ask it.... I have seen that many have been tinkering with Jelly Bean ports for the Vibrant, but that there are many bugs accompanying it as it is in the early stages. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried a Jelly Bean port, and if so, how is it running? Thanks!!
  • 0 Likes

hurtz777

hurtz777

Android Beginner

• 65 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:13 PM #2886

I have found the most stable and best performance with all major functions working CM10 combination on our Vibrant so far. SkankyJellyBro072812 + Devil 1.04 Test 3 CMC JB kernel + gapps-jb072612. Just wipe and flash SkankyJellyBro072812 rom and then gapps-jb072612 and then reboot in to the rom completely(Should take no longer then 3-4minutes to boot the first time). Now reboot in to recovery and flash Devil3 1.0.4Test3 JB kernel and reboot and Galaxy S settings will now work perfect as well as the delayed Froyo RIL and GPS will lock 3-4 satellites for the first time in about 5 minutes. I can also confirm that the Devil Kernel Config finally will hold the settings even after reboot. Unfortunately the kill app feature and Background Processes settings won't hold after a reboot and that needs fixed in the CM10 source. I have found for best performance and decent battery to run at 1200mhz with SmartassV2 governor and VR scheduler with Ultra KSM enabled and Devil Idle set to permanent. I would also recommend setting Background Processes to 2. I can't wait until we get some SubZero JB kernel love along with JBZen! You can find all those things at the brown place forums.

Edited by hurtz777, 28 July 2012 - 07:14 PM.

• 1 Likes

dougfresh

dougfresh

Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:25 PM #2887

And where would this skankyjelly be found hurtz? I didn't see it in the brown side
NVM..I found it

Edited by dougfresh, 28 July 2012 - 08:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP Br1cK'd

Br1cK'd

like a tree down by the water baby i shall not move....

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:09 AM #2888

Not the place to discuss this guys. This thread is for ICZen, thank you for respecting that.

Sent from the ICZen Experience
  • 3 Likes

ZFFZ

gdpaull

gdpaull

Hey now!

• 92 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:12 AM #2889

Not the place to discuss this guys. This thread is for ICZen, thank you for respecting that.

Sent from the ICZen Experience

My bad.
  • 1 Likes

dalewking

dalewking

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:13 PM #2890

So I'm new to changing ROMs and deided to swtich to ICZen from stock Froyo and am loving it. Makes my Vibrant usable again.

I had a couple of questions:
  • Have not been able to get USB Mass Storage working. I get the popup and say turn it on and the phone thinks it is on, but I never see it show up in windows other than in device manager I see USB Mass Storage with a yellow triangle.
  • Is there some way to disable the pop-up for turning on USB mass storage? Most of the time I am connecting to USB just to charge the phone. I'd rather just have a notification item that I can select if I want to connect.
  • In the toggles for the notification pane there is a Zen toggle. What is that supposed to do?

• 0 Likes