31 votes

[ROM][IMM76I] ICZen 1.8.5 - Fistful of Zen - 7-12-12 [Deficient Development]

• Please log in to reply

xringo

xringo

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:12 PM #2791

How do you install a theme? I downloaded one and just booted my phone into recovery and flashed but then i was stuck in the boot screen. How do i flash a rom? help
  • 0 Likes

N00B_IN_N33D

N00B_IN_N33D

"A n00b in need deserves help, indeed!"

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:00 PM #2792

Installing a theme on your device is rather simple really. Assuming that you are running ICZen 1.8.5 you must make note of a few things. For starters, if the theme you want requires you to install it through CWR (Clockwork Recovery) then you must make sure it is not only meant for the Vibrant, but also meant for ICZen and the current version you're running of it. In other words, let's say you want to install Annex's Honeycomb theme. You go to install it per instructions, but get stuck in the boot screen (A.K.A a boot loop). Why did this happen? Well the theme was made for ICZen 1.8.2 thus making it incompatible with other ICZen versions. Currently there isn't a theme compatible with ICZen that is installed through CWR. However there are themes that can be installed via the built-in theme engine. Here's a thread with a bunch of themes that can be installed via the theme engine. There's also Annex's CM9 Dream theme, that can be obtained through request. You can hit him up here. To install the themes through the built-in theme engine is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just follow these steps:
  • Download the theme you want. It should say that it has been made for the AOKP/CM9 theme engine. It should be in the form of an .apk.
  • Once downloaded locate it on your phone's internal SD card.
  • Once located, install it like any other app.
  • After it has been installed go into your phone's "system settings".
  • Under the title "Quick Links" click "Themes".
  • Now scroll over to your newly installed theme (this is done by swiping left or right).
  • Click "Apply".
  • Profit. B)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Either me or another one of the awesome Vibrant users here will help you out.

• 7 Likes
MY CONFIGURATION: Phone: Samsung Vibrant T959 | Rom: SuperNexus 2.0 M1 | Kernel: Semaphore | Theme: None
MY GUIDE'S: Guide- Easily Flash MIUI for Vibrant + Themes/Modems/Kernels/ and more! | [REF] The Official RootzWiki Vibrant Bible Thread
IFPosted ImageHAS HELPED YOU, PLEASE CLICKITY-KLAK ON HIS 'LIKE' BUTTON ↗

Martezgarki

Martezgarki

• 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:13 PM #2793

By netowrk problems does that include WIFI?
  • 0 Likes

xringo

xringo

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:39 PM #2794

Installing a theme on your device is rather simple really. Assuming that you are running ICZen 1.8.5 you must make note of a few things. For starters, if the theme you want requires you to install it through CWR (Clockwork Recovery) then you must make sure it is not only meant for the Vibrant, but also meant for ICZen and the current version you're running of it. In other words, let's say you want to install Annex's Honeycomb theme. You go to install it per instructions, but get stuck in the boot screen (A.K.A a boot loop). Why did this happen? Well the theme was made for ICZen 1.8.2 thus making it incompatible with other ICZen versions. Currently there isn't a theme compatible with ICZen that is installed through CWR. However there are themes that can be installed via the built-in theme engine. Here's a thread with a bunch of themes that can be installed via the theme engine. There's also Annex's CM9 Dream theme, that can be obtained through request. You can hit him up here. To install the themes through the built-in theme engine is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just follow these steps:

• Download the theme you want. It should say that it has been made for the AOKP/CM9 theme engine. It should be in the form of an .apk.
  • Once downloaded locate it on your phone's internal SD card.
  • Once located, install it like any other app.
  • After it has been installed go into your phone's "system settings".
  • Under the title "Quick Links" click "Themes".
  • Now scroll over to your newly installed theme (this is done by swiping left or right).
  • Click "Apply".
  • Profit. B)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Either me or another one of the awesome Vibrant users here will help you out.

Ahh thank you , the theme i got was 1.8.4
  • 0 Likes

akarshfrevr

akarshfrevr

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:22 AM #2795

flashed 1.8.5 it looks nice but I got force close msg saying process.android.media failed and I formatted my phone and now force close msg is not coming but I'm missing some apps like gmail- theme Chooser .......what should I do now ....I had similar problem when installing ics passion also .....plz help me out
  • 0 Likes

lapdog01

lapdog01

MMM DD Bacon

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:43 AM #2796

flashed 1.8.5 it looks nice but I got force close msg saying process.android.media failed and I formatted my phone and now force close msg is not coming but I'm missing some apps like gmail- theme Chooser .......what should I do now ....I had similar problem when installing ics passion also .....plz help me out

If you did a full wipe like this..Steps
-Download ICZen and place it on your internal sd
-Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
-Perform a wipedata/factory reset
-Go to mounts and storage and format the system partition
-Flash your downloaded ICZ rom file
-From the main menu of recovery, perform a wipedata/factory reset again
-Reboot
-On bootup, give it a few minutes to settle in, reboot and use as normal.
-Enjoy your ICZen!

Then check your MD5 to make sure you had a good file. If you performed these steps and still have a problem flash the kernel from here
http://rootzwiki.com...hine-and-bacon/
Then flash 1.85 again, as Zen is 4.04 AOKP base, and maybe you were coming from 4.03. Cheers
  • 2 Likes

HTC ONE M8Suzy ...Stock: for now :grin:   GS3 Susie ..Now a music Device in my A8

// Nexus 7 Grouper: Stock Kitty Kat// Vibrant ....She Gone :lame:  

akarshfrevr

akarshfrevr

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:41 AM #2797

If you did a full wipe like this..Steps
-Download ICZen and place it on your internal sd
-Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
-Perform a wipedata/factory reset
-Go to mounts and storage and format the system partition
-Flash your downloaded ICZ rom file
-From the main menu of recovery, perform a wipedata/factory reset again
-Reboot
-On bootup, give it a few minutes to settle in, reboot and use as normal.
-Enjoy your ICZen!

Then check your MD5 to make sure you had a good file. If you performed these steps and still have a problem flash the kernel from here
http://rootzwiki.com...hine-and-bacon/
Then flash 1.85 again, as Zen is 4.04 AOKP base, and maybe you were coming from 4.03. Cheers

• 0 Likes

akarshfrevr

akarshfrevr

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:44 AM #2798

is there any problem if I flash twice? .....if not means shall I just flash or should I clean my data also?
  • 0 Likes

gunks

gunks

• 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:54 AM #2799

Just follow the steps man. It's not that difficult.
  • 0 Likes

akarshfrevr

akarshfrevr

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:55 AM #2800

can I install older version and flash latest version?
  • 0 Likes