31 votes

[ROM][IMM76I] ICZen 1.8.5 - Fistful of Zen - 7-12-12 [Deficient Development]

• Please log in to reply

GTOJim

GTOJim

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:30 AM #91

Looks like I've seen the light and moved from the dark side. Hello everyone.
  • 0 Likes
Device: Samsung Vibrant
ROM: ICS (4.0.4) ICZen RC1.7.1
Modem: KA7

Device: Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

dougfresh

dougfresh

Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:31 AM #92

Dougie fresh in the house!Hey I feel like a traitor to my people's because I'm on the exRom now, so when I get to the crib ima flash my favorite rom cm9....oh no jk!
Go Marlins !..this coming years World Series Champions
  • 1 Likes

Woody

Woody

There's Dark Matter In My Head

• 990 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:35 AM #93

MP and Br1ck'd

Here is something about it from AOSP and how the encryption process works for Honeycomb. It would behoove to go the the dark side and see the thread Websta. In it I have a like to the Cappy workaround once the error is thrown. The last page is very infomative about what may be happening and it could be upstream and device related.

Don't want to post a link to the dark side but you know where it is.

Edit: Websta had GB bootloader.

Doug: How did you change from Average to Formerly known as the singer dougfresh?

Edited by Woodrube, 30 March 2012 - 11:50 AM.

• 3 Likes

ZFFZ

Mostdef69

Mostdef69

Super User

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:00 PM #94

OK, Froyo it is then, which makes sense since I've never updated it since rooting the phone.... Since all ya all are being so helpful does anyone have a fast link to a GB boot loader?

GB Bootloader
  • 2 Likes
ICZenwich v1.5.1, KB5, SubZero Kernel 1.0.1 #61

trippmcnealy

trippmcnealy

• 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 PM #95

test
  • 0 Likes

dougfresh

dougfresh

Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:17 PM #96

@Woody, in profiles you can change it but you can't be in mobile view.If you're on the phone,change to "request desktop site" and click on your username in this forum! :kiss:
  • 0 Likes

mr_psycho

mr_psycho

"Retired" Developer

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:27 PM #97

A couple of things. After reading through pretty much the entire thread about this "Encryption Unsuccessful" issue, it seems like about 98% of the affected phones are Captivates. I see people running kangs of Passion, Euphoria, and IC Zen on the Captivate. Also, affected roms are pretty much all over the place, with the most being on CM9-based Roms (including AOKP). And if that weren't enough, it manifests on pretty much any bootloader and kernel, as well. Sadly, nothing is above Nand chip failure.

That said, there's no easy way to tell if the issue is triggered by the Rom, kernel, or simply failing hardware. Not all of the issues are exactly the same. There may really be a large case of failed/failing 'Nand chips. I'm now wondering if all this under/over volting that people are doing are shortening the life-span of certain chips and components in their phones. I wouldn't be surprised if this has contributed to Nand chip failure. This is, however, purely speculation. There are a lot more skilled, informed people investigating on this than I, and I prefer to let them comment officially on the issue(s).

Also, there currently is no "fix" for the issue, and it seemingly just appears while booting up the phone. The vast majority seem to say that once the "Reset" button dialog appears, you pull the battery, and NEVER press that button.

The only people I've seen recover from the issue were (1) those that sent in their phones and had Samsung replace the motherboard, and (2) those that were not affected by the MORE SERIOUS (hardware?) Nand bug. In these latter cases, users were successful in recovering by flashing different combinations of Roms via Odin with repartitioning, and the like.

By the way, for those that aren't aware, the Internal SD Card has two partitions on it. A 2 GB /data (EXT4) partition, and the remaining 14 GB /sdcard (FAT32) partition. So, losing communication (ie. malfunctions) to the Nand chip is why you see /data and /sdcard being lost.

Now, for those looking for bootloaders, I have Froyo and Gingerbread bootloaders packaged up as Heimdall 1.3 packages. Just download Heimdall 1.3, and load the package, and hit Start.

Here they are:

Froyo Bootloaders
Gingerbread Bootloaders

Good luck.

PS. I truly hope nobody experiences this issue. Unfortunately, the realist in me thinks the outlook appears pretty bleak at this point for users who are experiencing this issue.

MP
  • 6 Likes
Daily Driver: TMO SGS3 - Stock/Odex/TW/ICS 4.0.4 UVALI5 + UVALI8 Modem + CWM6 + My Own Custom Kernel (MOCK) Redux
Fine print: v3.0.8 -- 384/1512 MHz -- Noop/Ondemand -- XZ compressed -- 4096K SD read-ahead

blah, blah, blah. something /dev/random. yada, yada, yada.

Kevho00

Kevho00

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:33 PM #98

I'm starting to like things around here better.
But making the change is very odd. Feels, different.
  • 0 Likes

Woody

Woody

There's Dark Matter In My Head

• 990 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:35 PM #99

I'm starting to like things around here better.
But making the change is very odd. Feels, different.

Almost like we are cheating. But with a much better looking and more "user" friendly version. ;) ;)

There is a ton of information around here too. Just browsing the forums and links to get a feel and I am liking it way more as well.
  • 1 Likes

ZFFZ

OP Br1cK'd

Br1cK'd

like a tree down by the water baby i shall not move....

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:48 PM #100

I did find the GB Bootloaders package for Odin here on Rootz, linked it in the OP, as well as your Heimdall package MP, thanks man!

I trust you guys not to burn down the new house tonight. I'm going to see Rehab at a local venue tonight, and plan to get royally twisted. You guys probably won't see me much, if at all, until tomorrow.
  • 1 Likes

ZFFZ