- - - - -

AOKP | Galaxy Tab 8.9 (p5wifi) | April 15 | build 32 | 4.0.4

aokp p5wifi b29 4.0.4
  • Please log in to reply

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 PM #11

Thanks. To be clear though, I don't think it's a problem with the bootani itself, as the problem continues once AOKP is fully loaded and the lockscreen is up. You can actually use the touchscreen in this condition, but it's a little difficult.

The issue also happened with Galaxian Soup AOKP and Galaxian Soup AOSP, so I'm thinking it's not necessarily ROM-related.

I'm going to try some different CWM versions to see if that changes things. I'm currently using the 5.5.0.4 version posted on XDA.

UPDATE: Also tried Overcome ROM and the accompanying CWM Recovery. Same deal. Looks to be an issue with my unit since this is not even an ICS-based ROM. For some reason restoring my nandroid works without issue. :_con:

I didn't have this issue on the Galaxian AOKP but my issue was the screen would flicker a decent amount. Flashed back to stock rooted Honeycomb and it went away. I should try B31 and see if I also encounter this issue.
  • 0 Likes

superstargoddess

superstargoddess

Super User

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:52 PM #12

wierd... as far as the nav customizations.. they aren't setup for tablets yet that will be in a future release they are only working on phones at the moment... I'll test the boot animation this evening my wife has been out of the house with 8.9 all day

Ah excellent, I'm glad that the Nac Bar customizations will be added in the future. I miss those!
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
Galaxy S III [AOKP]
Nexus 7 [AOKP]

sonicdnb

sonicdnb

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 AM #13

Will this build work on a 3G Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-7300)?

I don't really need 3G to function at the moment because I don't have a data plan for my GTab. I am only online through wifi.

Or will there be an extra AOKP release for GTab 8.9 3G in the future?
  • 0 Likes
Nexus 4: aokp_mako_nightly, franco.Kernel
Nexus 7: aokp_grouper_jb-mr1_build-5, fanco.Kernel
Galaxy Nexus GSM: aokp_maguro_jb-mr1_build-5, leanKernel

grausi

grausi

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:06 AM #14

would also love to have a 3g build as well!!
  • 0 Likes

jhhoffma

jhhoffma

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:01 AM #15

I didn't have this issue on the Galaxian AOKP but my issue was the screen would flicker a decent amount. Flashed back to stock rooted Honeycomb and it went away. I should try B31 and see if I also encounter this issue.

I'm now totally convinced that it's not ROM-specific but something distinct to the P5. I've tried different CWM versions, different ROMs (3.x and 4.0.x-based) and all of them exhibit my "scanning" issue. Since the stock ROM is fine and there is no issues in Recovery mode, there must be something coded into the stock ROM that affects this.

I am curious to know if anyone else has seen issues like this, though?
  • 0 Likes

RenoRW

RenoRW

• 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:34 AM #16

Instructions of v32 say: "Wipe strongly recommended"

i'm coming from 31, i'll try flash w/o wipe
  • 0 Likes

Filip

Filip

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:56 AM #17

After i installed r32 i get fc when i launch an app that does not support high screen resolution. The navbar then dissapears and then returns after a few seconds. Then this is repeated. Anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by Filip, 16 April 2012 - 06:56 AM.

• 0 Likes

RenoRW

RenoRW

• 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:47 AM #18

mine Navbar too disappear and come back after a few.. i got this error:

Posted Image

this is in italian

got a problem with the wallpaper after this error it will replace with the stock wallpaper

Edit: i already tryed to clear app data (UI system too) and full wipe + restore with titanium pro

Edited by RenoRW, 16 April 2012 - 09:49 AM.

• 0 Likes

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Just an older, more bitter version of Roman

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:23 AM #19

Believe it or not, the full wipe is part of the problem :( we have evidently missed something with the new navbar stuff that only happens when you come from a clean/fresh wipe (ie, some of the custom settings aren't set yet).

Go into RomControl, and set a custom NavBarGlow color. Also might need to setup the custom navbar buttons (and one might need to be a menu button).

You may have to reboot after setting that to get things back to normal.
  • 0 Likes
Trolls are not Winners. But some Winners are indeed trolls.

RenoRW

RenoRW

• 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:05 AM #20

i've flashed from v31 w/o wipe first

got error >> then wiped and again error
  • 0 Likes