AOKP FAQ

faq aokp
  • Please log in to reply

kauthor47

kauthor47

Best Buy Mobile Lead

• 124 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:30 AM #51

Here's a question - does AOKP have any circumvention built into the portable tethering & hotspot menu so the carrier can't see you're using it? I'd like to use native bluetooth tethering, but I'm afraid that Verizon will see it. (if it matters, I'm using a Verizon Gnex)
  • 0 Likes
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

RobWalters72

RobWalters72

Average Android

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:11 PM #52

Here's a question - does AOKP have any circumvention built into the portable tethering & hotspot menu so the carrier can't see you're using it? I'd like to use native bluetooth tethering, but I'm afraid that Verizon will see it. (if it matters, I'm using a Verizon Gnex)

Verizon has just changed their policy...

What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) [CNet Article]

Verizon's recently announced deal with the FCC means subscribers can stop paying extra for Wi-Fi tethering. CNET's Marguerite Reardon aka Ask Maggie explains who benefits and who doesn't.

Link:http://news.cnet.com...ans-to-you-faq/

Rob
  • 0 Likes

kauthor47

kauthor47

Best Buy Mobile Lead

• 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:29 PM #53

Verizon has just changed their policy...

What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) [CNet Article]

Verizon's recently announced deal with the FCC means subscribers can stop paying extra for Wi-Fi tethering. CNET's Marguerite Reardon aka Ask Maggie explains who benefits and who doesn't.

Link:http://news.cnet.com...ans-to-you-faq/

Rob

Right, but...

So to be clear, if I have one of Verizon's older tiered plans, will I have to pay $30 for tethering?
You can avoid the tethering fee by downloading a third party app from an application store. If you tether using Verizon's service, you will still be charged the $20 a month to access Mobile Broadband Connect. So you need to be proactive and find an app that you can use.

What if I have an old Verizon unlimited data plan? Can I download an app and avoid the $20 tethering fee too?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no. Verizon says that customers under the unlimited plan are required by the company's terms of service to pay an additional fee to tether their device

I'm still on a family share 1400 and I have unlimited data. That was my reason for asking. It also doesn't make any mention of the embedded bluetooth tethering function, which is why I'm curious if AOKP can circumvent them seeing it. I can't find a third-party app that includes bluetooth tethering and fully works - FoxFi in conjunction with PDANet don't work for certain things, mainly the Play Store. Everything still reads as "waiting for connection."

Edited by kauthor47, 05 August 2012 - 04:30 PM.

• 0 Likes
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

amy89

amy89

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:27 AM #54

Hello, I would like to tell you about bugs in my phone Samsung Galaxy S i9000 - ROM -> ICS Milestone 6.

First:
In the notification bar, after clicking on the small icon "Settings" at the top left corner, not displayed "Setting of phone" (as it has Samsung Galaxy III ) but the Toggles disappear after clicking on the icon. Is this ok? Or does it have another function?

Second:
In my contacts application do not display my contacts stored on the sim card. I had to import from sim card to Google account, to show my contact via Google account.

Thank you, Amy
  • 0 Likes

Tust

Tust

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:38 AM #55

I have a question for the FAQ, does AOKP intend to use the in device upgrade option that was added with jelly bean for custom roms? I don't really know much about it, just that it sounds cool!
  • 0 Likes

Romavita

Romavita

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 AM #56

Great to find a forum that shows some support. Download sites that don't try to install junk managers and links that work! It's a nice change from other sites. I want to take the I897 to JB, tried LANIGHT, it loaded but I lost AT&T service even with EFS backup and restore. Right now still with stock GB with samari kernel, had to get Gingerbread One Click to get back to stock, then samari to get to root. Will try AOKP as soon as I can afford to have my phone off-line for awhile.

Success! Used guide in wiki Release 3.0 worked out of the box. Although I use Titanium backup I never was able to get my apps and data reinstalled. other than that real happy with download and suspect apps was user problem. BIG improvement with GPS acquiring satellites and lock over Gingerbread and previous releases.

10/3/12 Updated to build 4. Tried using Devil3_1.4.1_Jelly_Helly_cappy_CFS_BLN_VC_20120930 and went into a boot loop.tried all the wipe scripts and couldn't get out. Went back to recovery and loaded build 4. Titanium backup worked as expected (used Titanium Web site guide). Also I noticed on Build 3 I didn't see SD1 that appears fixed in Build 4. This build with Nova Launcher is one great combination...

Edited by Romavita, 03 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

• 0 Likes

rdnckreaper

rdnckreaper

• 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:19 PM #57

Is there anything that could be done about the devices that are no longer supported? I have been running aokp on every device that I own ( cappy, stingray, and skyrocket), the only one that still is supported is the one that I use for a mp3 player. I would love jb on at least my stingray and the first build said it was there but there was never a download.
  • 0 Likes

3andala

3andala

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:58 AM #58

I love this Rom alot but i need to download it official please
Anyone know if future support for the SE Xperia Arc S is planned?
Cheers
  • 0 Likes

iamsinned06

iamsinned06

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:54 AM #59

this is so educational for a noob and dev-to-be like me....
thank you very much....

happy new year to all..

let's make love not war.

PEACE!
  • 0 Likes

vivekneel

vivekneel

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:25 PM #60

Guys

Help me
I have downloaded aokp projects for kitkat.

Now am at the last step.

In the breakfast menu which combo should I choose?.

When I start the build as brunch cm_i9100-userdebug

It says do u have write repo manifest

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• 0 Likes