1 votes

AOKP FAQ

faq aokp
  • Please log in to reply

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 PM #21

Is there anyone in particular he can talk to? He just doesn't know who to contact, so I'm trying to minimize that work for him...
Thanks

At the bottom of that post, where it says contribute, the first 5 names are members of Team Kang. Go to their IRC channel at the bottom of the page and try contacting them there. Or hit them up on twitter about talking on Gtalk for a few minutes. Devs are usually pretty open. A member of Team Kang not listed in that post is Khas Mek.
  • 1 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

hondaman

hondaman

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM #22

BRAINFIRE, THANK YOU for the superb work in putting the FAQ together. I have referred back to this since I took the leap and rooted my gnex around AOKP28. I don't think I would have attempted it if I had not seen the incredible amount of support by Dev's like yourself in this community. Simply outstanding. Thanks Again.
ps. perhaps I missed a donate button? I always support those who's work I benefit from as we all should and I definitely benefitted from your work here.
  • 0 Likes
G-NEX rooted, rom'd; AOKP and Franco
ASUS T-PRIME
i-phoney 4S for the wife cuz, well it IS stupid proof.....

Greendouglash

Greendouglash

Average Android

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:03 AM #23

-USB Tethering

While I have my phone connected to Wi-Fi, I can use USB tethering for my computer. However, I was just wanting to make sure that while I'm tethering I'm actually running the data over Wi-Fi through the phone instead of over mobile data. Can anyone clarify this for me.
  • 0 Likes

poontab

poontab

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:31 PM #24

Thread cleaned.

Keep the drama off of RootzWiki. If you see something that may need staff attention use the report button & we will look at it.
  • 1 Likes

trurl3

trurl3

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:01 AM #25

5. Best way to restore apps with Titanium Back up?

• Open TiBu.
  • Menu/ Preferences/ App processing mode/ AUTO Direct
  • Create backup (Menu/ Batch/ backup/ Click the gray Run button: Backup all user apps) Do not backup or restore system data
  • Choose Pause active apps/ Run the batch operation
  • Back/ Menu/ More/ Create "update.zip."
  • Under "Titanium backup will be install as: "choose “System application”
  • Move update.zip to root of the sdcard
  • Flash the ROM, GApps and BEFORE rebooting,mount /system
  • Choose install zip, and select the zip you created
  • Reboot
  • Skip the initial device setup screen Tap top-left, top-right, bottom-right, and bottom-left corners in that order
  • Launch TiBu and do Menu/ Batch/ Restore all user apps plus data
  • Reboot
  • Settings/ Accounts and Sync/ Add your Google account
  • More info: Titanium Backup Wiki

Newest TB (v.5.1.1) has embedded option to sign updates. All you have to do, is download and install app ZipSigner2 from AppStore. Then option for signing will activate and you can choose it on settings. I am not sure, but it could allow to flash such zip right with ROM ang gapps (let someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Edited by trurl3, 21 May 2012 - 04:03 AM.

• 1 Likes

OP brainfire

brainfire

AOKP: Comically Fast

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:48 PM #26

it could allow to flash such zip right with ROM/ Gapps

I believe that is already possible. I think it's in the TiBu faq.
  • 0 Likes
i605_Jelly 'Beans'_build-17 Mirrors: Drive Mediafire
Want an ETA? Join my AOKP New Build Notification Group to get an email when a build is ready.
Before posting please read the AOKP Jellybean FAQ

BootScoot

BootScoot

• 88 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:35 PM #27

So, I love this rom.
I am using it on my DX.
I have flashed to my D2G, following instructions to a T.
I am having issues getting service on my D2G. I tried starting from scratch 3 times and I still cannot get service on the phone. I didn't have any issues at all with my DX. Can anyone help me???
  • 0 Likes
BootScoot

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:07 PM #28

So, I love this rom.
I am using it on my DX.
I have flashed to my D2G, following instructions to a T.
I am having issues getting service on my D2G. I tried starting from scratch 3 times and I still cannot get service on the phone. I didn't have any issues at all with my DX. Can anyone help me???

Have you tried your device topic?
  • 0 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

triplec76

triplec76

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:26 PM #29

I've searched this forum and google and couldn't find an answer. Today after loading build 37, google music informed me that I had used my max number of devices. So I went to my account and noticed that just about every time I wiped and reinstalled, they counted that as a new device even though I am restoring from TB. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong in this process? Normally it's a standard wipe, flash, and restore from TB. Should I not be totally wiping every new build? Thanks in advance...
  • 0 Likes

zookarma

zookarma

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:54 PM #30

I've searched this forum and google and couldn't find an answer. Today after loading build 37, google music informed me that I had used my max number of devices. So I went to my account and noticed that just about every time I wiped and reinstalled, they counted that as a new device even though I am restoring from TB. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong in this process? Normally it's a standard wipe, flash, and restore from TB. Should I not be totally wiping every new build? Thanks in advance...

It was disqused about G Music and having ONLY 10 phones limit. Dont know if they resolve it stil.

Try Google with this link - Google Music only 10 devices allowed

Edited by zookarma, 25 May 2012 - 10:54 PM.

• 1 Likes