Rate this Topic

- - - - -

AOKP | tf101 | JB Build 4

• This topic is locked

db3

db3

Android Beginner

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:16 AM #61

i was actually just going to try doing that, so it works to back it up on the stock one and then restore it?

yup, so far it still works and i haven't had to restore again.
  • 0 Likes

elpeterson

elpeterson

Nothing Is Impossible

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:33 AM #62

Clean Install. System UI keeps crashing. First 3 Nav buttons shrink when facebook is open. They suddenly occupy less than a centimeter square. Oddly they are fully functional. Haha. The tablet runs better on AOKP, but isn't stable enough to use as my alarm clock anymore. Dolphin Browser crashes often as well. Love the ROM, fingers crossed for stable. I also had to side load youtube.

There is a issue with the System UI crashing on B32 too for phones as well. Something about setting the nav bar glow color, I'll try to find it. Also, I have and use (for web testing) Stock, Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Beta, Opera and Dolphin browsers and all work fine. I'm thinking something got borked and that what may be causing issues for you.

Also...could you or someone else post the youtube.apk?
  • 0 Likes
I am always willing to help, hit me up on Google+ or Twitter
TORO | GROUPER

mmtoman

mmtoman

Android Apprentice

• 194 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:21 AM #63

For everyone wondering about YouTube just install this apk

http://db.tt/HaFuKK1J
  • 0 Likes

TheQuinnFTW

TheQuinnFTW

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:40 PM #64

For everyone wondering about YouTube just install this apk

http://db.tt/HaFuKK1J

Worked great, i no longer have any problems with this rom, thank you so much haha
  • 0 Likes

elpeterson

elpeterson

Nothing Is Impossible

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:02 AM #65

I keep getting a SystemUI Force Close everytime the menu button comes up. I have a feeling it has to do with the big menu button being enabled...how can I disable that and stick with the normal 3 dot menu button??

Also...why is the nav bar glow so enormous?
  • 0 Likes
I am always willing to help, hit me up on Google+ or Twitter
TORO | GROUPER

I2IEAILiiTY

I2IEAILiiTY

Average Android

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:14 PM #66

I keep getting a SystemUI Force Close everytime the menu button comes up. I have a feeling it has to do with the big menu button being enabled...how can I disable that and stick with the normal 3 dot menu button??

Also...why is the nav bar glow so enormous?

+1, I changed the glow animation to quick though, so it's enormous-osity isn't quite as annoying, haha.
  • 0 Likes

iRtravis

iRtravis

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:56 PM #67

@elpeterson Borked indeed. I did ANOTHER clean install, and yes Dolphin isn't all crashy now. I might have used Titanium Backup to restore it before. :blush: You wouldn't think just user apps would cause problems. Thnx for the suggestion. I hope AOKP 33 solves all me problems. Work... Grass needing mowing...
  • 0 Likes

Humanmachine

Humanmachine

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:29 PM #68

Flashed Rev 33, clean install, on my tf101 a few hours ago. Was still getting the usual System force close when the settings menu popped up. I tried the old fix to changing the background glow and was not successful in keeping it from happening.

In my tinkering, I decided to reset the navigation bar... and it never came back, regardless of what I did to try and bring it back, through restarts and tinkers with different settings, it appeared killed. Maybe I triggered a setting I wasn't supposed to? Who knows.

Good build regardless of the issues, I'm going to be sticking to 31 for the time being until we can get some closure on these nav bugs but other than that, another build another one for the books.
  • 0 Likes

I2IEAILiiTY

I2IEAILiiTY

Average Android

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:48 PM #69

Flashed Rev 33, clean install, on my tf101 a few hours ago. Was still getting the usual System force close when the settings menu popped up. I tried the old fix to changing the background glow and was not successful in keeping it from happening.

In my tinkering, I decided to reset the navigation bar... and it never came back, regardless of what I did to try and bring it back, through restarts and tinkers with different settings, it appeared killed. Maybe I triggered a setting I wasn't supposed to? Who knows.

Good build regardless of the issues, I'm going to be sticking to 31 for the time being until we can get some closure on these nav bugs but other than that, another build another one for the books.

I figured it out last build. I noticed the system ui would force close every time you use an app that needs the menu softkey and I saw someone post about it, so I went to ROM control and changed the show menu button to never and added a permanent menu button with the custom softkey section and it doesn't happen anymore.
It was listed in the changelog that they fixed it but apparently not.

Also, I just checked my battery stats and "cell standby" is responsible for about half my battery drain according to the stats -___-
I'm not sure if it was like this on build 32 but I just now caught on to this.
  • 0 Likes

kunstler

kunstler

• 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM #70

I figured it out last build. I noticed the system ui would force close every time you use an app that needs the menu softkey and I saw someone post about it, so I went to ROM control and changed the show menu button to never and added a permanent menu button with the custom softkey section and it doesn't happen anymore.

The same here on b33. And new issue noticed, when I reset navbar it disappears and never get back. Reset doesn't help. Full wipe again.

Edited by kunstler, 21 April 2012 - 01:47 AM.

• 0 Likes