Yes, I've had those problems with Odin not seeing my Samsungs before and it is usually caused by drivers, but in this case, I didn't think it was, since I could mount my storage and everything. However, I restarted the PC and it worked. Odin couldn't place the phone in download mode, however. Attachment 1 shows how far it went and it just sat there. Attachment 2 shows you my progress right now after I manually put the phone in download mode and restarted OneClick.
My next steps will be (1) rooting and (2) installing the Telus radio that will allow me to get on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network as I am right now using my Juggernaut Gingerbread ROM. Wish me luck!
I've never worried about the warranty on my phones. I'd rather have fun. The flash counter on my G2x must be about 100 right now. I'm not exaggerating.
The other times I've had problems with Odin was a bad cable, flashing was crack for me on my old Captivate so 100+ flashes seems normal to me lol