3 votes

ICS LEAK FOR AT&T SKYROCKET 4G

• Please log in to reply

Zaephor

Zaephor

Average Android

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:17 PM #31

Thank you.

Yes, I've had those problems with Odin not seeing my Samsungs before and it is usually caused by drivers, but in this case, I didn't think it was, since I could mount my storage and everything. However, I restarted the PC and it worked. Odin couldn't place the phone in download mode, however. Attachment 1 shows how far it went and it just sat there. Attachment 2 shows you my progress right now after I manually put the phone in download mode and restarted OneClick.

My next steps will be (1) rooting and (2) installing the Telus radio that will allow me to get on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network as I am right now using my Juggernaut Gingerbread ROM. Wish me luck!

I've never worried about the warranty on my phones. I'd rather have fun. The flash counter on my G2x must be about 100 right now. I'm not exaggerating. :angel:

The other times I've had problems with Odin was a bad cable, flashing was crack for me on my old Captivate so 100+ flashes seems normal to me lol
Have fun!
  • 0 Likes

Razor1973

Razor1973

• 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:29 PM #32

This is why my flash counter goes up so quickly. None of the T-Mobile radios worked well with this ICS ROM, so I am now going back to me original setup. Unfortunately, my nandroid backup seems to be corrupted. That means I'm starting from square one again. Fun times. ;)
  • 0 Likes

pjfranke

pjfranke

Android Beginner

• 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:05 PM #33

This is why my flash counter goes up so quickly. None of the T-Mobile radios worked well with this ICS ROM, so I am now going back to me original setup. Unfortunately, my nandroid backup seems to be corrupted. That means I'm starting from square one again. Fun times. ;)

Glad to hear you got it working. I figured out the process mentioned by someone 2-3 posts below mine...use ODIN to flash CWM (took a few tries, actually!), using the file named SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar (md5: 9ffa2458019af7974ef4820d0cf5992c), instead of the recovery.tar.md5 the first instructions I found said to use.

Once I actually got CWM loaded, I did a nandroid of ICS installed. Then used CWM to root by installing a superuser zip file. This too required a different file, instead of the older superuser.zip version in the instructions, I downloaded the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip file from http://androidsu.com/superuser/ (the source?). This didn't seem to work at first, but then I tried it a 2nd time, and worked just fine.

Booted to verify the presence of the Superuser app, then another nandroid (to save the effort of re-rooting in the future). Now restoring my apps and settings.
  • 0 Likes

ricanguy73

ricanguy73

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:13 PM #34

@ricanguy73 I'm having a problem getting my skyrocket in download mode. I've simultaneously press the down volume, home button and power without any success. Can I get any help?
  • 0 Likes

ricanguy73

ricanguy73

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:53 PM #35

BTW, you put your phone in download mode by pressing only volume up/down simultaneously.
  • 0 Likes

Razor1973

Razor1973

• 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:07 AM #36

@ricanguy73 I'm having a problem getting my skyrocket in download mode. I've simultaneously press the down volume, home button and power without any success. Can I get any help?

Connect it via USB, press VolUp + VolDn + Power simultaneously. When it vibrates, release Power and keep VolUp + VolDn pressed until you get to the menu warning you about download mode. Release and oress VolUp to confirm. Voilá.
  • 0 Likes

OP b16

b16

Developer Relations

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:25 AM #37

Did he get it?
  • 0 Likes

Remember - Remain respectful to others as you would wish to be treated.
Please read the RULES before posting.

Want to sign up to be a developer? Check the requirements.

Razor1973

Razor1973

• 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:52 AM #38

No idea. No reply yet.
  • 0 Likes

allnallwall

allnallwall

Android Beginner

• 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:01 PM #39

I ran into some issues using the one click, I think the issue is when it is ran with Vista. When I tried the same file with Windows 7 it worked just fine. So be aware if you're trying to use the one click with Vista.
  • 0 Likes

ricanguy73

ricanguy73

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:53 PM #40

yeah guys, I got it. Thanks. Works well, though battery life didn't see much of an improvement. Any ideas? I don't really want to use the power saving feature on the phone as it really didn't help when I was on GB.
  • 0 Likes