Android OS Forum banner

[ROMS] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604!

70K views 139 replies 35 participants last post by  Toadmacher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Multi-ROM Release Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604 rooted!

These ROMs are designed just for those who want a blur-based ROM and are on the Milestone X SBF root from .621; if you are not, do not flash!

**READ**

Here is where I am going to be posting updated ROM files for blur-based ROMs for those who are on the .621/.604 rooted. Currently, if you try to flash the normal version of a blur-based ROM (one that works on .602/.605) you will get a bootloader error. I am in the process of patching these ROMs to work on the .621/.604 system version. I am currently contacting developers to get their permission to patch their ROMs and release them here. I have released all that I've had patched so far. If you are a developer and see your ROM listed here and do not want it here for whatever reason, PM me and I will remove the link. I am just providing these in the interest of the community. All credit for original work goes to the original developers of these ROMs!

**FIXES - THESE ARE FOR ALL BLUR-ROMs ON THE .604 HACK**

.621 kernel, recoveries, CDT, device tree
This will put you on the correct kernel for the DX, instead of the MX .604 kernel. Credit to ky41083 @Rootz for this [Link]

Download:
http://www.mediafire...b4fndlwkcf8icfn
MD5: 1D2EE9260E6C7510292B1AF5F7D6ACC1

.621 WIFI Lib Fix
This will fix your WIFI so auto DHCP will work, no longer requiring the static IP fix. WIFI should work as normal.

Download:
http://www.mediafire...969b4y3hc55bcwl
MD5: 5A45A5A102F62BE22CF89B0BE84145ED

Let us begin!

<========================================>

Apex 2.0.0 RC4
Developer: Fabulous​
Original Thread (Donations, etc.):
File Download:
MD5:
32527894143E006F3CD3838F2D15F009​

Liberty 3 v2
Developer: Liberty Team​
File Download:
MD5:
13F579936ABBB4967F4BF226747EC6B0​

Shuji 2.5
Developer: mobile_sensei​
File Download:
MD5:
EA90CBB2899D3238521FC793EC171E19​

Stock-Rooted-Deodexed .605
Developer: mobile_sensei​
File Download:
MD5:
55C55FB4EDE66D7E7108F26215AA9406​

VorteX RC1
Developer: deVorteX​
File Download:
MD5:
4E80A2176576522C92F462996BFD5331​

These ROMs are community support ONLY! While I am flashing each of these individually to ensure they boot with no issues before releasing, do bear in mind that because you are on the new system version developers are not easily able to help you, as none of them are currently on the new system version! If you have any issues with the ROM, search the original thread for known issues and/or answers, failing that post here, and we can try to assist you as needed. All should work fine though as I said, as I am testing these prior to release!​

Install Instructions:
Follow instructions in OP of original thread. When I am testing these for install I always perform the mini-SBF to eliminate issues.​

Boot in to CWM.
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik cache (under Advanced)
Format system (under Mounts and Storage)
then install the desired .zip.
then install the fixes (kernel, then wifi patch. No wipes needed)
If anyone would like to know how to make these themselves, scroll to bottom of OP​

Known Issues:
None atm​

[hide='How to make compatible .621 Blur ROMs']​
1. Download the existing ROM you are looking to modify.​
2. Unzip the file.​
3. In the main folder directory you should see a file named "boot.img" this is what is causing problems, delete it.​
4. Navigate to META-INF ->com->google->android. Find the file named "updater-script" open it in gedit (you can get gedit here: http://projects.gnome.org/gedit/ )​

5. Look for the portion of the script that will involve loading the boot.img. It should look like this:​
Code:
<br />
ui_print("updating kernel ...");<br />
assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"),<br />
	   write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot"),<br />
	   delete("/tmp/boot.img"));<br />
There may be a few extra lines depending on the ROM. Regardless, take everything from the "ui_print" to where it ends the code related to the boot.img, and delete it.

Go to File -> Save as in Gedit, save over existing file, no extension, make sure encoding is Unicode (UTF-8) and Line Ending is Unix/Linux

6. Go back to the ROM files. Go directly to META-INF. Delete these three files if they exist:

CERT.RSA
CERT.SF
MANIFEST.MF

This is coding related to the old signing of the file, we are going to resign it since we have to repackage.

7. Zip up the entire filesystem. You don't want to zip the overall folder you unzipped, but just select all the files that are in the main unzipped folder, right-click, and use the .zip program of your choice to .zip them. (I use .7zip)

8. Now you need to sign them. I use an automated signer, its quite easy, you just take the .zip you put together then drop it in the program and it zipaligns and signs the package for you. You can find that program here: http://forum.ppcgeek...zip-signer.html

9. If its your first time signing, I'd recommend just viewing the .zip to make sure you didn't hose anything up. Just open it in a .zip explorer program, and make sure the:

CERT.RSA
CERT.SF
MANIFEST.MF

are all present in the META-INF directory.

10. Move to your SD Card

11. Flash away!
[/hide]​

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Skree.

I have a working Liberty, Apex, Shuji, and stock-deodexed 605 all working, uploaded, and waiting, just waiting for dev response :) Also fixed 1% battery bug in Liberty's build.prop since I was in there anyways. Flashed about 6 ROMs today, already sick of blur
Its time to get back to my Gummy build for awhile.

Also updated OP with instructions on how to DIY it if anyone's interested. I'm going to get as many as I can uploaded for convenience sake for everyone but if I miss a file or I don't get allowed to upload it that should help anyone interested out.

#6 ·
I am successfully on rooted stock 621!

I grabbed the system nandroid from this thread; http://rootzwiki.com...ed/page__st__20

Created a folder named 621root on my SD card

Either use an ADB or terminal emulator; cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/621root
md5sum *tar > nandroid.md5

Then reboot > clear data/factory reset > restore this nandroid.

Reboot, and bam, on rooted 621.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Goose, I don't know if you know this or not but when you try to download either rom, they all say VorteX_GB-RC1
just pointing that out because I don't know if I'm actually downloading vortex
Whaaat? Something is going on with Mediafire, I can ensure you those are seperate files... although the download links aren't, they are all Vortex... even though they have different addresses... bit confused. I'm just right-clicking and hitting copy public link, let me go to their download page then copy/paste links...

EDIT: Links fixed! Now lets see if I can get that .621 kernel update in here on us!

BTW, digging through updater-script in ota update, here's what hosed us:

Code:
<br />
ui_print("Patching boot image...");<br />
assert(apply_patch("MTD:boot:4194304:cb696eaac1b12d85a1072e907562f049060ee537:4194304:ca5b674601391a2243397b225929fe0bef473f1a",<br />
	   "-", ca5b674601391a2243397b225929fe0bef473f1a, 4194304,<br />
	   cb696eaac1b12d85a1072e907562f049060ee537, package_extract_file("patch/boot.img.p")));<br />

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well... new kernel boot image applied in CWM... it put me to the bootloader with a NEW error... this is interesting.

Bootloader
Err: A5, 69, 4E, 00, 23

Battery OK
OK to Program

no MEM_MAP blank blah blah blah... curious. It also gives me the boot logo as well, it doesn't insta-kick me to bootloader like it used to...

Welp regardless I'mma be SBFing, seeya all on the other side! lol

#29 ·
Total n00b here, and my first post. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks trying to get a handle on rooting my DX, primarily so I can use it as a modem for my HP Touchpad, but I fell into the .621 trap. This stuff is starting to sink in enough that I may give it a shot.

HOWEVER, I wanted to come out of the shadows to say that I'm TOTALLY amazed by the generosity of everyone who has contributed so much to the Android effort in general, and to the .621 OTA problem in particular - everyone! And especially to Goose who has spent so much time coordinating pieces of informaiton as they are gathered and who is now now patching ROMs. To everyone, a BIG THANKS!

#30 ·
Thanks man. If you are about to give it a shot, I'd wait till 1KDS releases his live disc. He mentioned something about maybe releasing it later today. It will make the process way, way easier for ya. Like, easy that you boot in to the CD, press enter, press 1, press enter, factory reset, press 1, press enter, and done. LOL; much easier than all these manual commands.

BTW, had a scary moment there when I was SBFing, I left it tethered up SBFing as I went and showered, came back and my screen was scrolling up on the bootloader while it was flashing code groups
thought I'd tripped the eFuse or something, LOL. Nonetheless, all went fine. I'm back in and sending the zerglings as we speak :)

#32 ·
so i have this problem on the liberty and vortex roms that Goose has fixed for us to be able to us Blur based roms.

i sbf'd via linux everything well, when i flashed these two roms they both couldnt connect to wifi that was the only issue

it just loops at the obtaining ip adress and it disable.

i already unchecked the privacy settings, forgot all the networks still nothing.

i sbf'd back to the milestone x build and the wifi works perfect.

anyone have these issues??

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you don't like complicated, you should stay on stock out of dangerous waters.

Go on, get your feet wet, take a step into the unknown! 1KDS made you a safety net.

EDIT: Got off my lazy ass and am making a nandroid of stock 602 to restore over the 621 for testing.

EDIT2: BAH! It's hard to do testing with errors like; ERROR WHILE RESTORING /SYSTEM and whatnot.
rawr.

EDIT3: Solved by just swapping SD cards between the DXes... ;p Now on rooted 602 Odexed on the 621.

#53 ·
In all essence, you should have FASTER internet... as it does not have to go through DHCP routines and be more stable with a specified IP without release/renewal. Double check your settings and reboot devices, something isn't right with your setup.... I myself know Liberty is pretty flipping fast, but I prefer 2nd-init roms, mostly CM7, although I'm interested in Gummy if it's ICS....

If Goose could provide me a link...

#59 ·
Make an incremental change on the IP address on the last numbers, OR switch them to something entirely random. Usually routers like to start off at x.100, so maybe try a number under 100 on the end; 192.168.1.38

Also, unless you have a datacenter amount of computers, try over 150; 192.168.1.176
Leave the gateway, subnet, and DNS settings alone.

#60 ·
Dumb question time....

I am currently on .605 Liberty 3 V2. Would I get any of the benefits of the .621 release by moving to this updated version of Liberty or should I just stay where I am?

I am mainly interested in the 3G Datalink connectivity fix supposedly issued in .621. When I use my 3G datalink it either works perfectly or loses datalink every 30 seconds or so. Incredibly frustrating.

#61 ·
The radio tends to be more reliable under 621. It still is not perfect but it does tend to be stronger and drop 3G signal less. There is very little difference in this Liberty build and the one you are on. I did fix the build.prop issue for 1% battery but at the same time it has the wifi bug because of the kernel and you have to set a static IP. So give some lose some. If you want to convert to .621 go over to General store action and read the stickied topic very carefully, you need to know what you are getting in to prior to diving in.

Sent from my unthrottled GummyX!

#63 ·
There will likely be no way to ever go back to .605. And as far as WIFI issue it works properly you just have to set as static. This is something else that is going to be very dependent on if I or someone else gets lucky and just finds a dummy fix, because we need to go back to a Droid X kernel for it to work properly, which means we need to have an unsecured kernel I can flash in the update... which who knows if/when that will happen.

#66 ·
I cannot for the life of me get the Shuji Rom 2.5 to update to the new google play market. It is also having issues updating the Google search app. I have tried wiping Data/ Factory resetting and flashing the lasted gb apps from goo and it had some weird effects. Can anyone relay information if they go it working?? if so how ?

#69 ·
Goose, I tested gummy, wanted to use it... but a few things bother me. Three primary being; settings are either laggy or don't stick, home doesn't work, and most annoying... no lockscreen
any insight to these? I haven't done much testing except the usual toggle settings, wipe, permissions.. can't do too much since I am at work.

#70 ·
Sounds like you didn't install gapps with it. Usually a gapps issue. All my stuff works great on Gummy except for known ICS issues (camera flash, camcorder, etc.) but home works for me. All my settings stick to AFAIK, including performance settings for underclock. I also have a lockscreen no problem. If you didn't install gapps you can try going in to recovery and flashing those (or if you did the first time flash again). From what I've read on the latest Gummy most people have success with the 3/17 ICS/Moto gapps. I'm actually rebooting to Gummy right now as we speak because I've been a lazy arse doing the update from .08 to .09 so I'mma do that now

#74 · (Edited by Moderator)
BTW, just an update... found out where the blur-based ROMs were getting their .605 kernel source, but Moto hasn't put up the .621 kernel source. Need to get kernel source and diff from .605, then I'mma try and see if I can compile and load as the blur-based ROMs were doing with the .605 kernel. Its all dependent on when/if Moto releases the .621 kernel source as the source that is in the update.zip is encrypted and not usable without decryption. Figured I would just give an update. I sent a PM to the Moto Project Manager over @Sourceforge, pretty sure they are required to release kernel source being as its an OMAP device. (I'm not too sure, never really brushed up on the GNU, LOL)

EDIT: found an sbf decompiler. Going to try that too. Too bad my compy died (its been teetering for a few weeks, hasn't been too happy with my tri-boot setup) I'm wiping it now, hopefully will get everything up and going later tonite to attempt a decompile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.