Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: N/A (WiFi)

Optional:: Overclocked

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Smali Edits

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::

Virtuous Prime

Welcome to Virtuous Prime. This is a pretty much stock build of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.

Virtuous Prime is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:
Virtuous S-Series

S-Series ROM's are pretty close to stock, with basic optimisations and tweaks. This series is designed for people who rely on their device 24/7 and are not looking for the latest and greatest features. These ROM's will only be updated if and when an official release is announced.
We also encourage people to use these stable builds as bases for their own ROM's.

More information can be found on our Blog.

Screen Shots

Features

• Virtuous S Series
  • Based on the lastest ASUS release (WW 9.4.2.28)
  • Deodexed
  • Fully zipaligned
  • De-bloated
  • Rooted
  • Stock kernel
  • Optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Included 1.6Ghz OC (more on that below)
Changelog

The changelog can be found here.

Other Stuff

Credits
  • AndroidRoot.mobi for the CWM port
  • Asus for their great device
  • pats4life for giving my life purpose
  • mtotho for keeping me busy
Useful Information

I changed the behaivior of the internal Power Modes.
The Normal mode button now activates the 1.6Ghz mode.
So you don't have to use any other apps anymore. Just boost your CPU via the built in Quicksettings. :)

Tutorial on how to recover your bricked Prime (maybe)

Installation modes

Here's a list what gets installed with the different types:

Typical
  • AppLocker.apk
  • AsusReader.apk
  • AWS.apk
  • BatteryWidget.apk
  • DataBackup.apk
  • DeskClock.apk
  • EmailWidget.apk
  • MEar.apk
  • MyCloud.apk
  • MyNet.apk
  • MyZine.apk
  • PixWe.apk
  • StrAsus.apk
  • Supernote.apk
  • Talk.apk
  • Vibe2.apk
  • Weather.apk
Full
  • Galaxy4.apk
  • GenieWidget.apk
  • GlowballDemoInstaller.apk
  • HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
  • Kindle-OEM.apk
  • MyWater.apk
  • MyWater2.apk
  • NVIDIATegraZone.apk
  • PRAndroid.apk
  • talkback.apk
  • ZinioReader.apk
  • ZinioSettingsProvider.apk
Minimal
  • Everything else
Instructions
  • Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
  • Shut down the prime
  • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
  • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
  • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
  • Make a backup of your current ROM
  • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (optional but highly recommended)
  • Then flash the rom zip as usual
Downloads

Make sure you do a full wipe (aka "wipe data/factory reset" in CWM) before flashing this!!!

Please note that the ROM needs to settle down after the flash so give it at least 10 minutes after booting to reach the normal speed and smoothness!!!

Current & old versions

Official Website(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)
Check out our forums

See less See more
#11 ·
just wondering how do i fix the the hdmi cropping is it the update that did the issue I never tried the hdmi deal before just wondering if I have a bad unit or what

#21 ·
Ask have had my prime for 4 months now his an issue with stock and custom romz. Regardless build or rom I have seen it on everything I have tried. So your not alone. Seems to be an issue with Asus as a whole failing to deliver a polished product. But we as a community might fix it at some point its just not something most do.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

#12 ·
hey guys.

Does anybody know if the GPS Dongle is supportet by this Rom?

#13 ·
It does Support The dongle :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Hi All.
First of all, what an excellent rom you have made, espectacular indeed.
Now, is there going to be an update fixing the audio Jack issue? it's pretty important for me personally and I would like to stick to this rom. Let me know please. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

#16 ·
Can someone on this ROM check to see if the game "Machinarium" is available to download? Saw a video for it and it looks awesome. It's only available for tablets now, and I'm wondering if it's just not compatible with the TFP or if it has anything to do with me being on AOKP. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
It's available for download. It's got an issue, though: (Fix courtesy of Hobbesian @ XDA)

There's a missing font: DroidSans. Look for it.
Download the .zip (contains two .ttf files), copy them to /system/fonts, and change their permissions to
rw-r--r-- (Root Explorer does the job)
That's it.

#25 ·
Just installed this one. It appears my GPS is MUCH improved. I went into GPS Test and in my house it immediately found 7 birds without the dongle. Has always taken 3-4 minutes to pick up any birds with other ROMS.

#28 ·
Upgrading to .28 from .21 causes my ATP to crash every few hours, and after a few crashes, continuously pop up an "Unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped" message, even after multiple reboots.

Dropping back to .21 stops this happening.

I'd try a factory reset, but putting everything back to how I like it would take toooooo long :).

Simon.

#29 ·
FYI, full wipe is always preferable between roms, Titanium Backup will restore all your apps, and Nove Launcher will let you backup all you screens (icons, widgets, etc) so you can restore as well. Couple clicks then just sit back and wait as everything loads upp. Always best to only restores apps+data not system to avoid issues bwteen different roms.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
What about changelog in v1.1?
...so far there was v1 of .28

***eDiT*** my bad
v1 is .21 and v1.1 is newest .28

Sent from my AndroWookie v1.35 - TF201 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.