- - - - -

Can't connect via USB to Win7 PC

• Please log in to reply

OP snyperr2419

snyperr2419

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:47 AM #1

It seems that after going from CM7 to CM9 I lost the ability to connect to my Win7 64bit PC.

When I connect the usb to the PC it detects the connection (MTP USB Device) and tried to install drivers but fails. The Touchpad detects the connection but only shows the message and icon for "Android Debugging Mode Enabled".

If I boot into WebOs my PC can see it no problem. This is what I have to do now to transfer files over to it.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

Reef2009

Reef2009

Android Beginner

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:07 AM #2

Try:

Settings / storage / settings (right upper corner) / check mtp

Send from HP TouchPad 16GB with Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

OP snyperr2419

snyperr2419

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:59 AM #3

Try:

Settings / storage / settings (right upper corner) / check mtp

Send from HP TouchPad 16GB with Tapatalk 2

Thanks Reef, it works like a charm now! ;)
  • 0 Likes

samitiago

samitiago

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:49 PM #4

I have the same problem.but didn't solve by mtp.my PC(win7) only knows tp ,,in ptp and only when debugging is on.in this mode I only can copy small files and always I see annoying error message.someone help me...
  • 0 Likes

DStroke

DStroke

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:09 AM #5

Everyone is telling to make this: Settings / storage / settings (right upper corner) / check mtp

But I have not settings in right upper corner :lame:

20140923_120240.jpg

Edited by DStroke, 23 September 2014 - 02:09 AM.

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:46 PM #6

@Dstroke,

What Rom did you install and what did you use to install it?  Clean or dirty install?  Cleared cache and Dalvik cache?  The more info you give us, the easier it is to help you.

NT

• 0 Likes

DStroke

DStroke

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:56 PM #7

Uh that was a long time ago, I think it was clean and also cleared cache + dalivik after installing

Data
Android 4.3.1

Kernel: 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
Mod: ev_tenderloin-3.3.0p1-queo

Build: ev_tenderloin-eng 4.3.1 JLS36I

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:18 PM #8

So you have had this Rom installed all this time and never been able to connect to your PC via MTP?  What I need to see is the version information.  For example, from my tablet, I have CM11, Android 4.4.4 installed and from settings/ About tablet, the fifth line down is CyanogemMod version, 11-20140913-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.  From what I can tell, your Android 4.3.1 Rom is an Evervolv Rom.  It's an old Rom, and may have had the problem you describe, no options under settings/storage/three dots upper right corner/USB computer connection and then an option to put a check beside, MTP.  You may need to switch to a newer Rom either by Evervolv or CM.  I usually use CM Roms because of their feature rich options compared to Evervolv Roms.  Evervolv tends to use a more minimalist approach when it comes to options and tweaks available in settings.

And the fact that you are using a rather old Rom, you might want to try out a newer Rom to take advantage of all the advances that have been added to Android since you last updated.  Just don't go off the deep end before you educate yourself on how to upgrade to a newer, possibly data/media Rom either by Evervolv or CM.  

• 0 Likes

DStroke

DStroke

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:27 PM #9

Ok thanks, that's a bit what I was thinking about, cause at the time this supposed to be the most stable version. Normaly I use CM Roms.

Maybe I will search for a nice tutorial to update to CM

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:50 PM #10

http://rootzwiki.com...d-the-easy-way/

http://rootzwiki.com...super-easy-way/
  • 0 Likes