Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:22 PM #484

Thats a script im using:

#!/bin/bash
su
echo 90 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp
echo 180 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/driving_ms

Make it in notepad++ and save file as for example "vibrations" and type of file ".sh". When you are done, push file with adb to chosen desitnation. I have it in /etc/init.d but i guess there is no difference where you put it, it can even my in storage i guess. After that download gscript lite http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ use this to get apk out of this https://play.google....gro.GScriptLite

Push it like every other app to your watch with adb. Now, we have to change dpi of your watch to smaller (like 180 or something, default is 240). After that, go to gscript app in your watch, long press "reboot phone", click edit, add file, choose file with script (vibrations.sh in my case) and then tick root and click save. Now you can change dpi back to normal (on normal dpi save button wouldnt be accesable). Everytime you click on script it runs (you cant really exit app so just cover watch with your palm). Not sure if root is really needed, but i rooted my watch :P I know its a lot of work, but there is no other way. And we why arent running script once and for good? cuz on every boot it resets and you have to run it again, btu with gscript its just 2 clicks

Hi:

Perhaps I can get a little more blood from this stone.  I would like to try this scripting idea, but I don't know how to change the resolution of the screen from 240 to 180.  How do I go about doing that?

Thanks.

--------------------

use adb shell wm density XXX, where XXX is what you want

Edited by haltriumph, 18 April 2015 - 04:25 PM.

• 0 Likes

Lasiu

Lasiu

• 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:23 AM #485

http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=286

Worth mentioning, though kinda sad that Jakeday is not notifying us here :P

• 0 Likes

bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin

Android Beginner

• 365 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:34 AM #486

http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=286

Worth mentioning, though kinda sad that Jakeday is not notifying us here :P

Bump bump? Anything? Anyone? ;/

This whole forum is dead. To much spam to keep everyone around like it used to. XDA is where everyone has moved to
  • 0 Likes

focus71

focus71

• 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:03 AM #487

Thats a script im using:

#!/bin/bash
su
echo 90 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp
echo 180 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/driving_ms

Make it in notepad++ and save file as for example "vibrations" and type of file ".sh". When you are done, push file with adb to chosen desitnation. I have it in /etc/init.d but i guess there is no difference where you put it, it can even my in storage i guess. After that download gscript lite http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ use this to get apk out of this https://play.google....gro.GScriptLite

Push it like every other app to your watch with adb. Now, we have to change dpi of your watch to smaller (like 180 or something, default is 240). After that, go to gscript app in your watch, long press "reboot phone", click edit, add file, choose file with script (vibrations.sh in my case) and then tick root and click save. Now you can change dpi back to normal (on normal dpi save button wouldnt be accesable). Everytime you click on script it runs (you cant really exit app so just cover watch with your palm). Not sure if root is really needed, but i rooted my watch :P I know its a lot of work, but there is no other way. And we why arent running script once and for good? cuz on every boot it resets and you have to run it again, btu with gscript its just 2 clicks

Hey Lasiu,

Finally decided to give your script a try, works great ! Eventhough the battery life is getting a bit of hit, but I'd rather have shorter battery life than miss my notifications :)

However, I'm encountering some issues here :

I've succeeded to push those commands via adb, and of course, I do want it to stick after a reboot.

So I've tested your trick with the GScriptLite, but there's a problem with that : I've managed to push the prepared script file onto the watch (let's mind its location later), but what I couldn't succeed was to get the GScriptLite app to go "fetch" that file on the watch, here's what happened : Run the GScriptLite app on the watch, click and hold on one of the built-in commands, chose Edit, then Load  file, and right at this moment, I'd get an error message telling me that GScript can't find any script file in /sdcard/gscript, and from there, there was no way for me to swipe/scroll and browse the watch directories to get that file, all the choice I had was to cancel.

This leads me to say that the location of the script file doesn't seem to be important as long as we could get the choice of being able to browse and select the file wherever we've pushed on the watch beforehand... And yes, I've tried to create that /sdcard/gscript/ directory (from that error message) and managed to get my script file into that folder, but the app still couldn't "see" nor load it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Have a good day

Edited by focus71, 11 May 2015 - 06:25 AM.

• 0 Likes

Lasiu

Lasiu

• 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:59 AM #488

Hey Lasiu,

Finally decided to give your script a try, works great ! Eventhough the battery life is getting a bit of hit, but I'd rather have shorter battery life than miss my notifications :)

However, I'm encountering some issues here :

I've succeeded to push those commands via adb, and of course, I do want it to stick after a reboot.

So I've tested your trick with the GScriptLite, but there's a problem with that : I've managed to push the prepared script file onto the watch (let's mind its location later), but what I couldn't succeed was to get the GScriptLite app to go "fetch" that file on the watch, here's what happened : Run the GScriptLite app on the watch, click and hold on one of the built-in commands, chose Edit, then Load  file, and right at this moment, I'd get an error message telling me that GScript can't find any script file in /sdcard/gscript, and from there, there was no way for me to swipe/scroll and browse the watch directories to get that file, all the choice I had was to cancel.

This leads me to say that the location of the script file doesn't seem to be important as long as we could get the choice of being able to browse and select the file wherever we've pushed on the watch beforehand... And yes, I've tried to create that /sdcard/gscript/ directory (from that error message) and managed to get my script file into that folder, but the app still couldn't "see" nor load it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Have a good day

I think it happened to me, but what i think i did was change location of file to other, random folder, and then back (since idk why but some files (not only .sh ones) are actually often invisible untill you move them somewhere else). But since you already tried that (or something similar) i'm not sure what might be the case here... Sry :V 

• 0 Likes

manyids2

manyids2

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:42 PM #489

Hey! Thanks so much for the root! though, I followed the instructions, except did not use sudo..

im using ubuntu 14.04 and LG G watch

my watch got stuck in the swirling dots part...

i can still see it under adb devices...

any idea what I should do? 

• 0 Likes

manyids2

manyids2

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:43 PM #490

Also, I got no errors at all while rooting...

• 0 Likes