4 votes

AOKP | p999 | Milestone 6

aokp
  • Please log in to reply

netplex

netplex

• 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:12 PM #451

Now I think that we are picking apples and oranges. It doesn't matter which kernel is better. You and I are not going to like the same flavor. You phone is set up different from my phone. I really don't care which kernel is better. I am happy as long as it gives me good performance/battery life. If it wasn't I wouldn't be using.
  • 0 Likes

BkK

BkK

• 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:54 PM #452

I don't care which is better either I prefer Morfics though I'm just saying his and Harshs will not boot for build 38 and I've seen no proof stating otherwise

Sent from my LG-P999
  • 0 Likes

netplex

netplex

• 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:48 AM #453

I don't care which is better either I prefer Morfics though I'm just saying his and Harshs will not boot for build 38 and I've seen no proof stating otherwise

Sent from my LG-P999

Ok. Then I miss read. My fault.
  • 0 Likes

BkK

BkK

• 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:32 PM #454

Ok. Then I miss read. My fault.

Lol that wasn't really directed at anyone just that I'm still standing by those kernels aren't working with this build from my experience.

Sent from my LG-P999
  • 0 Likes

VegasWill

VegasWill

Average Android

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:55 AM #455

I'm having problems with Data, it's not picking up when I leave wifi, it just stays in the dark.
Only way to bring it back is to restart.

I'm on Build 38 stock kernel

I have this same issue with AOKP. As much as I LOVE it, I had to switch to Hellfire (which is great as well). Every time I turned off Wifi, I had to reboot the phone to get data back. With Hellfire, I only notice it happening about 1 out of 8 times. The other 7, it connects to data no problem.
I'd love to give AOKP another shot, but I frequently go back and forth with wifi and it was a real issue to reboot every time.
  • 0 Likes

Absolute

Absolute

Android Beginner

• 52 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:29 AM #456

can someone link the kernels that actually work with AOKP? Every kernel I install forces a bootloop...and I can't find anything else that works
  • 0 Likes

netplex

netplex

• 62 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:30 AM #457

can someone link the kernels that actually work with AOKP? Every kernel I install forces a bootloop...and I can't find anything else that works

For Faux http://rootzwiki.com...amvoodoomay-17/. For Trinity http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1078049. For Harsh http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1567097. All these work. Try them out see what is best for you. Just remember to wipe cache and dalvik cache, before the install.
  • 0 Likes

BkK

BkK

• 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:20 AM #458

Hmm well that's odd, I managed to get Harshes and Morfics to finally boot by flashing Morfics CM7 kernel then dirty flashing either Harshes kernel or Morfics CM9 kernels any idea why only doing this will let them boot?

B39 is out also

Is anyone else having issues changing the lock screen choices with build 39? When the menu comes up it keeps freezing for me

Well apparently I can get past the boot loop issue on different kernel by disabling the boot animation before flashing another kernel

Sent from my LG-P999

Edited by BkK, 16 June 2012 - 08:41 AM.

• 0 Likes

Absolute

Absolute

Android Beginner

• 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:46 AM #459

FYI build 39 is up on AOKP.co

not sure if it's final since Hawk didn't update us here but it seems legit and it may be placebo but it feels smoother too.
  • 0 Likes

TheCoolHand

TheCoolHand

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:15 AM #460

Just flashed it without wiping from build 36 and it works well so far. Will update what I find... I think Hawk's been a bit busy lately is why we haven't heard anything. No worries.

Sent from my LG-P999 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes