Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: Verizon

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::
FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM10 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

ROMbot Droid 4 Downloads Here

Download GApps Here(Use CM10 link).
FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
- Rooted
- Running a Motorola ICS
- Safestrap Installed. Here's how to use Safestrap
And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
- 4G and basic phone function
- All sensors
- Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
- Video Recording
- HD YouTube
- Netflix

Current Known Issues?
- Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.

WHO works on this?
Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
- Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
- It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
[ COMING SOON ]

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Will there be a method like the SBF methods, eventually? I have a Droid X and have done it so I know it's a great help, because I actually soft-bricked it once (mistake on my part). Also, I'm sure battery life will be better on this ROM then stock, but can someone post a opinion on battery life. I don't mean right now, I know this ROM is just released, so I am in no way rushing anyone.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Plan on running the ROM all day today. Will report back on battery life. Tested wifi last night. Connected fine to my home network. Took me a minute to realize I had to actually click on the words "wifi settings" in order to get to where I could select my home network. Amazing how much works really. Thanks Hash!

Update: Ran the ROM all day yesterday with good results. Battery life was on par with stock. Maybe a little better. Lasted me all day with moderate use including downloading a few games, 4G web browsing, etc. Had no problems switching to wifi when I got home or switching back to LTE data when I left the house this morning. The only thing I did not test was bluetooth. Very stable especially for a beta. I am attaching a screen shot of my battery usage for anyone who is interested.

Attachments

#16 ·
I figured out how to get the 3G/LTE data to work fine -- you have to wipe the cache partition in safestrap, and then it would work fine. I found out that if you switch to the non-safe system, it also kills the data, so a cache wipe works. BTW, the camera works fine for me, it doesn't error out. The battery life on this ROM is so much better than the overly-bloated stock.

#18 ·
Finally flashed DROID4-CM9-03-16-SELFKANG, up from DROID4-CM9-03-07-SELFKANG.

On the old ROM the camera worked when I first flashed it and then later errored out and never worked again. Also the data did bug sometimes but I could toggle the widget controls or restart the ROM to get it back. On the current build it's even more bugged and stuck on roaming and I can't get it back at all, so it looks like I will be going back to 3-07 until it's more stable again.

#19 ·
Many, many thanks to Hashcode for all his amazing work!

Currently running CM9 3/16 beta

However, the data issue has reached unbearable status with me as of the last week of nightlies. I've tried nearly every one since the first, to no avail. When my phone first boots, if I actively use the data connection it will not cut out for ~15 minutes. As soon as I set it down for more than that, I permanently lose any data connection until I restart the phone...repeat cycle. Wifi works fine.

Possibly related, my headphone jack stopped working yesterday for no reason I can see. Stock rom and CM9 both don't detect headphones

I have no issues with my camera.

#20 ·
I too ended up back on stock. Data connection issues got to be too annoying. According to the changelog it looks like HashCode put in some sort of fix relating specifically to Verizon phones to do with data on boot on 03/18. I am thinking about switching back and trying a current build to see if my data issues still persist or if that fixed it. I hope so because I really loved the ICS build other than that!

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow. I have tried several builds that had the issue over the past weeks. Was trying again so I grabbed the latest, but you say the one right before it works while the latest does not. Just bad luck on which day I decided to try again! :D

Edit: Maybe it is related that I did not enter the password for WiFi so that I would be able to test 3G/4G better first, and then WiFi after.

#33 ·
From what I have seen none of the major bugs have been fixed yet. There are still issues with data connectivity. Camera works but is still missing some functionality. Bluetooth works when connected but causes issues when on but not connected. Starting with the 03/31 build I believe the ROM was updated to ICS version 4.0.4. You can keep track of changes via the changelog found here: http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/ChangeLog-CM9.html

Hopefully the stock ICS release on the Razr will bring about some of these fixes once Hashcode has a chance dig in to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.