Mod Base:: CyanogenMod
Mod Status:: Beta
Apply In:: CWM Recovery
Requires Root:: Yes
Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)
FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.
This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM10 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)
ROMbot Droid 4 Downloads Here
Download GApps Here(Use CM10 link).
FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP
WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
- Running a Motorola ICS
- Safestrap Installed. Here's how to use Safestrap
And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes
WHAT can I expect to work right now?
- 4G and basic phone function
- All sensors
- Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
- Video Recording
- HD YouTube
Current Known Issues?
- Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
WHO works on this?
Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.
WHAT is a "nightly"?
It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).
WHY would I want this?
- Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
- It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter
We maintain all of our code at github:
[ COMING SOON ]
Edited by Hashcode, 18 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.