3. 0/5

Any Developer Interest?

• Please log in to reply

MrB206

MrB206

Android Master

• 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:39 AM #31

You can and it works perfectly for nandroids, but I haven't finished any roms yet (nor has anyone else). We don't know if flashing a rom will wipe out cwm, though that seems to be the consensus.
  • 0 Likes

nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Developer

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:56 AM #32

Flashing a rom will not wipe out clockworkmod. As long as the recovery is removed from the ota_from_target_files in the build tools you will be good. I assume you are talking about a source based rom?

I am going to have an OEM based rom out in a few days for people to play with.
  • 2 Likes
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

Neph

Neph

Android Lover

• 119 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:20 AM #33

Correct. Nothing should be wiping out CWM at this point as long as all the instructions are followed for flashing it in the first place or running the scripted installer. The only glitch that is going on is if you go into CWM via the button method, then you will be stuck boot looping into CWM. The last section of my first post in the CWM touch installation thread works you thru a work around on it that no longer requires a PC to use as long as the .zip is already on your SD card.
  • 0 Likes

MrB206

MrB206

Android Master

• 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:41 AM #34

That's good to hear. I must have misread the convo on the subject before.
  • 0 Likes

coderaz

coderaz

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:50 AM #35

Anyone that wants to test it, please let me know. I have a test build compiled and uploaded to my server. I don't have cwm on my phone to flash/test yet.

I can test it on mine, Mr. B. I have CWM all setup and 3 backups (ATM).
  • 0 Likes

MrB206

MrB206

Android Master

• 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:01 PM #36

k. I'm compiling it right now. if all goes well and I get it installed on my phone, I'll let others test it, rather than give out a busted rom. I've been working to get the repo set up, which has taken FOR-EV-ER and led to tons of errors.
  • 0 Likes

coderaz

coderaz

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:43 PM #37

k. I'm compiling it right now. if all goes well and I get it installed on my phone, I'll let others test it, rather than give out a busted rom. I've been working to get the repo set up, which has taken FOR-EV-ER and led to tons of errors.

Here's to hoping! (So ready to get off this stock ROM)...
  • 0 Likes

MLP85

MLP85

• 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:00 PM #38

Yeah I can't wait to see this phones true potential... Thanks for the hard work

Sent from my VS920 4G using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

hunterh116

hunterh116

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:23 PM #39

i'm very excited for this. the Spectrum needs a total re-haul, and CM7 will be perfect.
  • 0 Likes

jayman

jayman

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:01 AM #40

wow i can't wait to see the power a custom rom can add to this phone ^_^
  • 1 Likes