This ROM is a WORK IN PROGRESS. Lots of stuff works, lots of CRITICAL stuff DOES NOT. IE: this is NOT meant as a daily driver yet. This is meant to get the ROM out there, along with the source code, and encourage users as well as developers to share information. If your phone blows up, your dog dies, you go to jail, etc, after installing this ROM, it is your fault, not mine.
Hardware that works:
- RIL - ONLY phone calls and SMS work at this time
- Touchscreen - multitouch appears to work fine - I have not tested any games/etc that rely on it. Let me know.
- HW buttons
- Video playback - YouTube/NetFlix/etc
- HW acceleration / HW composition
- Sensors - accelerometer/gyro/proximity
- Headphone jack
- 1X/3G/4G data
- Camera/Camcorder on front and rear cameras
- USB mass storage - work around:
adb shell "echo '/dev/block/mmcblk1p1' > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file"
- HDMI out
- Radio not connected on bootup - work around: go to Settings>More...>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and toggle between LTE/CDMA and CDMA until signal bars appear. Make sure to leave it set on LTE/CDMA as it does not work on CDMA even though signal bars may still be shown. This resets on reboot, so if you reboot, you must repeat these steps.
Ringer does not work on incoming calls; vibration DOES work- FIXED in BUILD1
- Since data does not work, the radio will "loop" if data is enabled, draining battery excessively. Go ahead and disable data unless you are debugging.
- Signal bars are not accurate.
- HW button backlights do not work.
- Advanced settings header shows "Galaxy Tab Settings" - this is only cosmetic, a "derp", if you will
- Copy ROM and GApps to your sdcard
- Boot into clockworkmod recovery
- WIPE DATA
- Flash ROM zip
- Go to "mounts and storage" and mount system
- Flash GApps
- This ROM is set up for ext4 filesystem ONLY. If you are currently on RFS, your system will converted automatically.
- If your device does not boot up after following the installation steps above, it is likely due to issues with recovery images that are currently available for this device. If this affects you, boot back into (the new) recovery and repeat the installation steps. At some point I may work on a "universal" recovery to prevent these as well as other issues.
- BUILD0 - http://www.mediafire...2kjholadt75vg2r - md5sum: a5ab234f10fdbb4fd335583ec49c82f9
- BUILD1 - http://www.mediafire...st7d4k5adrs3vb5 - md5sum: 5aff141d04b17ea82994ade723309199
- BUILD2 - http://www.mediafire...lbcfhjsx5a02re3 - md5sum: 7e8b2249d4589199c61f703b61b91c13
- Device tree: https://github.com/j..._samsung_charge
- Kernel: https://github.com/j..._samsung_charge
- Vendor files: https://github.com/j..._vendor_samsung
- Framework: https://github.com/j...frameworks_base
- system/core (for libnetutils hacks): https://github.com/j...oid_system_core
- fixed incoming call ringer
- implemented proper vibration fix
- improvements to video playback
- fixed BUILD_ID - fixes issues with Chrome browser, etc
- added interactive cpu governor to kernel
- fixed xt_qtaguid in kernel, for data usage monitoring, fixes lots of exceptions in the logs, obviously only works for wifi right now
- fixes to bluetooth - only for file transfer and A2DP, in-call audio is still broken
- implemented open-sourced lights HAL module; includes backlight notification functionality, can be toggled from Settings > Display > Pulse Notification Light
- misc. fixes to RIL properties (unknown what effects this may have)
- added files and settings for tvout - enable from Settings > Advanced (Untested)
- updated to latest CM9, including the snazzy new bootanimation
- updated with proprietary Samsung files from FP1
Edited by jt1134, 24 March 2012 - 12:05 PM.