- - - - -

Cm 9 user thread D2G

• Please log in to reply

chameo53

chameo53

Android Apprentice

• 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:33 AM #21

Great - thanks very much for the quick reply. Probably should have just given that a try given I did have CWM installed already. Yes, I did mean the Droid X 2nd init. Now I'll not hesitate to try the updated ROMs as they appear.

Great work by all of you. My company specifies the phones they will purchase and as I needed global, at that time the D2G was it - I initially thought I was going to be very limited in what I could do as I came from the world of Blackberry and was very used to using non-standard ROMs but you've all proven otherwise.
  • 0 Likes

hgrimberg

hgrimberg

Android Apprentice

• 289 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:14 PM #22

So still cant get calls on GSM? Camera still with issues?

Enviado desde mi DROID2 GLOBAL usando Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

MrB206

MrB206

Android Master

• 883 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:01 PM #23

So I got an LG Spectrum today and noticed the battery increments were 1%. I've used a droid since they came out, so is the 10% on the droids a Motorola issue?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
  • 1 Likes

xnap30

xnap30

Fanatic

• 347 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:04 PM #24

It just depends on the company, some companies can choose whether or not to add it in.

WebOS has 1% on touchpad but I think you had to enable it through preware on the phones
  • 0 Likes
Press the 'Like' button instead of cluttering thread with a "Thanks."

MrB206

MrB206

Android Master

• 883 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:52 PM #25

Interesting. Well, I'm glad the Spectrum has 1%.

• 0 Likes

ExodusC

ExodusC

Android Apprentice

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:54 PM #26

It just depends on the company, some companies can choose whether or not to add it in.

WebOS has 1% on touchpad but I think you had to enable it through preware on the phones

Interesting. Well, I'm glad the Spectrum has 1%.

Interestingly enough, the Droid 2 Global had the 10% increments on stock and custom ROMs up until CM7/CM9 (and I suppose MIUI now), whereas I never found a ROM for the OG Droid that could do 1% battery increments.

Why these phones are capable of presenting battery in 1% increments, yet manufacturers choose to set them at 10%, I will never understand.
  • 0 Likes

sk8freakrt

sk8freakrt

Android Beginner

• 41 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:48 PM #27

Helpful hints with CM9:

• Try to start from an SBF'd phone. I've noticed ICS doesn't jive well with GB remnants, so try to wipe the phone clean before flashing any CM9 rom.
  • If you don't notice more than a few people saying they had the same error you encountered, the issue is your phone/flash, NOT the rom.
  • Many apps don't work well with ICS. This isn't an issue with the rom, it's an issue with the app. I get FC's like mad from apps, so try fixing permissions and zipaligning the app(s).
  • If all else fails with CM9, wipe data and reflash the rom. Remember, it's pre-alpha, so it's going to be buggy as shit. I use it as a daily driver, but I recognize there are tons of missing options and it's buggy. See #2 about your phone acting buggy. ;)
  • If anything I just typed looks like jibberish, please don't flash CM9. Wait for a more stable build with all the options or flash a more established rom, like CM7.

So SBF back to froyo? like what you'd get on a D2G right out of the box? 2.4.whatever?

Edited by sk8freakrt, 02 March 2012 - 10:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

Jabberwockish

Jabberwockish

Every day I'm galumphin'

• 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:56 PM #28

So SBF back to froyo? like what you'd get on a D2G right out of the box? 2.4.whatever?

No! CM9 for D2G requires a Gingerbread kernel. Either SBF directly to 4.5.60x, or SBF 2.4.x and install the latest OTA update.
  • 0 Likes
Before you ask a question, try searching for an answer. If you still need help, ask your question the smart way.

sbnaul

sbnaul

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:02 PM #29

Hey guys ur data wrks on gsm ???
  • 0 Likes

OP Kickasz23

Kickasz23

Average Android

• 162 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:25 PM #30

Yes GSM works

Sent from my Droid2Global using RootzWiki