- - - - -

need to SBF a Droid 1, but no screen

• Please log in to reply

OP loki993

loki993

Android Apprentice

• 134 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:35 PM #1

Ok I have a D1 and I cant seem to get it into the bootloader. What happens when you turn it on is you can see the backlight come on but you cant see anything come on the screen. The phone plays the droid sound and seems to be working, just not displaying anything on the screen. I cant seem to get the bootloader up either, but Im not sure Im hitting the right button combinations. Is the phone done or can it be recovered? Its not a huge deal if it cant be, its just a spare phone, but If I could be it back up it would be nice.
  • 0 Likes

mad96

mad96

Android Apprentice

• 205 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:10 PM #2

You should power the phone off then hold x and power together and it should boot you into recovery, from there you should have a option to reboot into bootloader.
  • 0 Likes
BOLTED DOWN......

mad96

mad96

Android Apprentice

• 205 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:33 AM #3

I was off on my last post, you hold up on the d-pad and power together and you got in bootloader, oh and Droid1 is unbrickable aside from water emersion
  • 0 Likes
BOLTED DOWN......

bmt11

bmt11

Super User

• 260 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:16 AM #4

Sounds like the screen is bad, you could try taking it apart and see if there is any apparent damage or lose connections underneath.

If you want to find out what you can do is do the button press combo mentioned above on power up and then plug it into a computer with RSD lite running, if an entry shows up in the list then you know the boot loader is working fine.
  • 0 Likes
Current Loadout: Phone Rom-MIUI v4 2.5.4 Slots-Vortex Reloaded 1.0, YACK 1.2.1, Gummy 1.0.1, AOKP B34

OP loki993

loki993

Android Apprentice

• 134 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:12 PM #5

Not the phone has had the screen replaced before. I guess it could be possible that a connection may have came loose? Ive never taken one of these apart
  • 0 Likes

CraigL

CraigL

Android Apprentice

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:48 AM #6

I have repaired 2 Droids for friends with the same problem. Both were just a loose connection. Since you mentioned the screen has been replaced, I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes