Rate this Topic

46 votes

AOKP | toro | JB Milestone 1

• This topic is locked

Jubakuba

Jubakuba

Not Female

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:14 PM #3461

Hey everyone, BRAND NEW guy here so I am apologizing in advance for my ignorance. I have two questions (to start) about Build 29 that I just installed on my Galaxy Nexus.
One: Where did my Market go???? I no longer see it anywhere in my phone.

Two: Where did my mic go?? I use talk-to-text constantly as well as the google voice search bar that was pre-programmed on my home page. Both are gone now. In the settings menu for my keyboard it gives me the option o add the mic on the main keyboard but it does not show up. The mic is replaced by either "," or "/" and when I long press it it gives me the option for input options. :/

Please help!!! Thank you!

First off.
Flash Gapps.
They're in the OP.
Secondly.
On the stock keyboard...hold the spacebar.
Select voice input.

That should fix the bugs you're experiencing.
  • 1 Likes

Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Root Guide

I605/Toro/Grouper/Manta: AOKP/LeanKernel

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

"Juba is kind of a dock."

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:23 PM #3462

Flash gapps.
  • 0 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

Rooster20

Rooster20

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:24 PM #3463

First off.
Flash Gapps.
They're in the OP.
Secondly.
On the stock keyboard...hold the spacebar.
Select voice input.

That should fix the bugs you're experiencing.

Maybe I should specify....REALLY REALLY BRAND NEW guy here! :) I am trying to learn though. That being said....OP??

Also voice input has been selected. I have turned it off and then back on, turned my phone off and back on, but still no mic.
  • 0 Likes

Rockaholic

Rockaholic

Average Android

• 120 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:27 PM #3464

OP is the original post. You'll be hearing that a lot at any forum. That being said enjoy your stay and may the kang be with you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Rooster20

Rooster20

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:36 PM #3465

OP is the original post. You'll be hearing that a lot at any forum. That being said enjoy your stay and may the kang be with you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Ok thanks! How do I get the flash apps though? I see that listed but are there intructions for them??

Also anyone running Infinium Blue??
  • 0 Likes

BrentBlend

BrentBlend

Sorry, I must be new here

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:40 PM #3466

There are no special instructions for gapps (google apps) you can just flash in recovery and enjoy!

Edit: p.s, can someone please tell me how to get to this thread in the rootzwiki app, it seems invisible....probably looking I the wrong places though.

Edited by BrentBlend, 31 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

• 0 Likes

Rooster20

Rooster20

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:44 PM #3467

There are no special instructions for gapps (google apps) you can just flash in recovery and enjoy!

Edit: p.s, can someone please tell me how to get to this thread in the rootzwiki app, it seems invisible....probably looking I the wrong places though.

I guess this will get more embarrassing for me by the minute. :) I have been l following instructions on this stuff all night because I am about as close to clueless as one could get. How do I "just flash in recovery"???

Thank you for your help!
  • 0 Likes

headcheese

headcheese

Android Apprentice

• 347 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:46 PM #3468

Ok thanks! How do I get the flash apps though? I see that listed but are there intructions for them??

Also anyone running Infinium Blue??

You need to boot to recovery and install zip from SD. Just like installing a rom. Probably a good idea to wipe your cache first. Do that in recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:46 PM #3469

There are no special instructions for gapps (google apps) you can just flash in recovery and enjoy! Edit: p.s, can someone please tell me how to get to this thread in the rootzwiki app, it seems invisible....probably looking I the wrong places though.

Well since you've posted in it, it should be under "Participated" underneath the "Latest" tab.
  • 1 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

Rooster20

Rooster20

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:57 PM #3470

You need to boot to recovery and install zip from SD. Just like installing a rom. Probably a good idea to wipe your cache first. Do that in recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ok wiped cache while in recovery. What zip am I installing from SD?? I see some of my files in there but is there a particular one?? Where will the market be?
  • 0 Likes