Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP]

ics
  • Please log in to reply

OP giveen

giveen

Part-time Noob Dev

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:22 PM #1

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
Android 4.0.4
Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
Wifi
GApps
Audio
Touchscreen
Superuser
Rotation Sensors
Capacitive buttons
GPU Accleration
GPS
ADB

Not Working
3G/4G Radios
Camera

Beta5
https://docs.google....U18yZ2kzaEZ5ZUE
Be on Dell Honeycomb stock partition, easy way, restore to Android 2.2 and flash an official Dell Honeycomb update.pkg
Unzip
Flash system.img, boot.img, and the included recovery.img via fastboot

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
Rayman
Cyanogenmod

TO DO
Camera
Radios

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by giveen, 01 October 2012 - 05:27 PM.

• 2 Likes

OP giveen

giveen

Part-time Noob Dev

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:27 AM #2

So work is going on with this, just to let you know. Steve has been busy with real life, been struggling financially but is getting things under control. I have been busy with a newborn (my third son) and finishing up some college. We do have a great new developer on the team and I put out the device build tree on my github, going to update the OP with this.
  • 0 Likes

OP giveen

giveen

Part-time Noob Dev

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 PM #3

Beta 5 released
  • 0 Likes

blt4al

blt4al

Average Android

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:20 AM #4

giveen:

I am truly sorry that you have deal with questions from dolts like me, but is there some sort of step-by-step doc that walks one through taking the Streak 7 from Honeycomb to ICS_B5?

My Streak 7 does not have any special tools installed and is not rooted, so if there is a comprehensive link, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued efforts on this.

Kindest regards,

blt4al
  • 0 Likes

Christian Blackburn

Christian Blackburn

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:49 PM #5

Thank you for all your work on this DJ Steve and Rayman. I have this installed and working. It's nice to have 4.0, but the speed and stability aren't there yet. I'm bummed, because it looks like you guys have moved on to Android 4.1 and 4.2 instead of finishing up a decent 4.0. Is that true? Most people would rather use a workable beta than a dreadful alpha. Perhaps your energy is best spent finishing up 4.0? Also, I have the Wifi Streak 7 and Android seems convinced that I have a cellular radio and constantly displays a zero signal symbol down by the clock. Is there somewhere to turn that off? Perhaps some of the instability relates directly to that? Also in B6, please include GApps, I don't know why Cyanogen isn't, but I personally don't care half as much whether or not they're open or closed source as that I can check my calendar and install from Google Play. If you guys are dropping this can you send me your notes or something so I can continue work on Beta 6? For example, have you identified the part numbers that pertain to the camera, flash, and bluetooth?

Thanks,
Christian
  • 0 Likes

OP giveen

giveen

Part-time Noob Dev

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:15 PM #6

Everything is on git. cm10.1 is far more complete.

If you want to work on a dead project go ahead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes