1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Video Calling

• Please log in to reply

OP bdbraaten

bdbraaten

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:08 AM #1

Has anyone used video calling on the Droid 4 sucessfully?

If you have, what app are you using for this?

My wife and I just tried to video call between our Droid 4's on yahoo messenger, with the video plugin installed and got nothing.

I did some experementing from my pc and my two yahoo messenger id's and I can get both ends to see an incoming call notice but they're never able to establish a connection.

I'm curious to hear if others have been sucessful and what software they used.

Thanks
  • 0 Likes
Waiting patiently for a recovery and rom for my DROID4 - say it with me BLUR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copywrong © 2012 by the bdbraaten. Unauthorized reproduction or redistribution,
appropriation of text or graphics, quotes out of context and deliberate distortions
of content are not only expected but encouraged. Knock yourself out!
NOTE: If you are reading the small print at the bottom of emails, you should seek professional counseling.

greekchampion04

greekchampion04

Android Beginner

• 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:48 PM #2

skype video calling... works with no problems!

https://market.andro...S5yYWlkZXIiXQ..
  • 1 Likes

H0H3N5T3RN

H0H3N5T3RN

• 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:30 PM #3

My girlfriend and I used skype and it worked great. Another cool feature about it is the fact that it works computer to phone also so you're able to video chat with family without phones as well.
  • 1 Likes

OP bdbraaten

bdbraaten

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:06 AM #4

Thanks guys, I did check out skype a little this morning.

I'd avoided it because of some bad reviews I'd read on the market (not the ones accusing it of bloatware) about it locking up phones.

The other draw with yahoo was my wife doens't like creating new user names and she already had a yahoo one.

I tested skype this moning (set up 2 user names for myself) and was able to sucessfully connect between my d4 and my work computer so I'll talk to her about it tonight.

I appreciate the advice.
  • 0 Likes
Waiting patiently for a recovery and rom for my DROID4 - say it with me BLUR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
appropriation of text or graphics, quotes out of context and deliberate distortions
NOTE: If you are reading the small print at the bottom of emails, you should seek professional counseling.

Raymechanic1

Raymechanic1

Android Beginner

• 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:04 PM #5

I just used google talk between my wifes d4 and my bionic and it worked flawlessly

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

OP bdbraaten

bdbraaten

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:03 AM #6

I just used google talk between my wifes d4 and my bionic and it worked flawlessly

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki

Thanks, I'll check into that as an option as well.

We did get skype up and running this weekend but it wasn't without it's headaches, though not all on the android end of things (was experimenting with my inlaws mac as well). Had an issue with it sending audio through the ear peace speaker instead of the back speaker on a video call so it was hard to hear. On my wife's phone she got a random call once while on a video call with her parents, when she ignored it her audio switched from the back speaker to the ear piece speaker and we couldn't get it to switch back. Other than that it worked fine between the phones, and worked great between the phones and my inlaws mac once the inlaws sorted out a video issue on their end, the kid's loved video chatting with their grandparents so I think we'll be using this alot. It's a good thing we're grandfathered in on unlimited data on both our lines.

Have a great week,

Brent.
  • 0 Likes

owazio

owazio

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:12 AM #7

You van try Tango very simple to setup but not better than Skype in call and video quality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Casen

Casen

Android Apprentice

• 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:24 AM #8

seriously, Google talk and Google+ hangout are all you need. You can cross chat between phone, computer and tablet with either of those options

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes