- - - - -

Folders Missing On Nexus When Connected to Computer

• Please log in to reply

OP R_Thentic

R_Thentic

Android Apprentice

• 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:29 PM #1

I have specific folders on my nexus that hold rom/kernel/radio files to keep everything organized on my phone. When I connect my Nexus to my computer, the folders are not shown but when I go into Recovery, the folders are there. What is wrong?
  • 0 Likes

Brian

Brian

I am the Stig

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:05 PM #2

i have run into this a few times. It has something to do with the way our phones are read by the computers. If you give it some time, does it seem to reflect? I usually get impatient and reboot and everything shows up.
  • 0 Likes

miketoasty

miketoasty

Android Addict

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:08 PM #3

Sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect my phone when things get buggy. Guess it's just a MTP side effect.
  • 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:33 PM #4

are you on AOKP. I have this issue on that ROM
  • 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:04 PM #5

Damn, now I'm experiencing this issue non stop.

Folders are fine in root explorer but on my computer not everything is being shown.

Works just fine for my friends Nexus when plugged into my computer.
  • 0 Likes

EDiddy406

EDiddy406

Android Beginner

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:54 PM #6

I had the same problem in AOKP b23+24... just wait and give it time, especially if your space is fairly full...i have almost 16 GB of music on my GNex and it takes a while but eventually all folders show up
  • 0 Likes

My Device History
PalmTreo 650
BlackberryCurve•HTC Aria•iPhone 3G•Droid Incredible 2•iPhone 4•Droid Charge•Droid Bionic•iPhone 4S•Droid RAZR•Galaxy Nexus

Spotmark

Spotmark

Flashaholic

• 736 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:22 PM #7

This happened to my phone long ago, and they have not come back, regardless of the ROM I run. The only work around I have found is to use AirDroid, available for free, in the market.
  • 0 Likes
A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
Spotmark

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM #8

This happened to my phone long ago, and they have not come back, regardless of the ROM I run. The only work around I have found is to use AirDroid, available for free, in the market.

Found something interesting.

Apparently, I kept trying to see my folders after freshly installing a ROM. If you wait about 20 minutes after flashing a ROM, all the content and missing folders will be there.

I then wiped all data, cache, dalvik, formatted system, just to test the theory out, and same issue. HOWEVER, I noticed if you open your gallery open, it will force your phone to search for media. Once I did that, all my folders started showing up

Edited by samsuck, 21 February 2012 - 05:38 PM.

• 0 Likes

Spotmark

Spotmark

Flashaholic

• 736 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:42 PM #9

Found something interesting.

Apparently, I kept trying to see my folders after freshly installing a ROM. If you wait about 20 minutes after flashing a ROM, all the content and missing folders will be there.

I then wiped all data, cache, dalvik, formatted system, just to test the theory out, and same issue. HOWEVER, I noticed if you open your gallery open, it will force your phone to search for media. Once I did that, all my folders started showing up

Doesn't work for me.
  • 0 Likes
A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
Spotmark

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:43 PM #10

Doesn't work for me.

i also loaded up the superwipe script that Android Revolution HD uses. hopefully that helps
  • 0 Likes