1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

49 votes

CyanogenMod 9 [UNOFFICIAL] [Beta] (8/19)

• Please log in to reply

OP x13thangelx

x13thangelx

Developer

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:22 AM #3411

Gummy...I'm still trying to figure out what the heck it is versus any other, and I've searched the web over, but too hesitant to ask as everybody seems to already know somehow.

At this point if someone says building/compiling that its 2nd-init. Pretty much anything that isnt a kang of CM is blur based on this device though. Because no one has taken the time to get aosp working correctly on it and I would assume no one wants to take the time to port all of the legacy stuff from CM. Only reason its not a problem with Gummy is because Kejar had already had alot of it in from Bionic/Razr. I fully expect it to be the only true aosp ICS rom for this generation of moto droids though.
  • 0 Likes
Unofficial CM9 builds for: DX, D2, D2G

Drocka

Drocka

Android ICS Lover

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:25 AM #3412

For people that want to be up to date on the latest build but want the camera working,

just download Lgcamera from the market, then set your default folder for saving pictures to another folder besides dcim/camera, I just made a folder called screens and all the pics save to that folder. Also make your resolution for taking pics either 8mp or 6mp. It works fine for me, so it sould for you. So yeah...

there is no need to go back to older builds and messing around with build props and shitz. If you want to be up top date.

hope this helps the newbies.

At this point if someone says building/compiling that its 2nd-init. Pretty much anything that isnt a kang of CM is blur based on this device though. Because no one has taken the time to get aosp working correctly on it and I would assume no one wants to take the time to port all of the legacy stuff from CM. Only reason its not a problem with Gummy is because Kejar had already had alot of it in from Bionic/Razr. I fully expect it to be the only true aosp ICS rom for this generation of moto droids though.

Well Put

Edited by Drocka, 19 March 2012 - 08:28 AM.

• 0 Likes
Dedication Quote to Devs:

All For One and One For All

Jonman409

Jonman409

Super User

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:32 AM #3413

http://jon.awi6.net/...DX-03192012.zip

Here's the custom build if anyone wants to try it. For me camera works every time and will take pictures.
This build should also have mute in calls working. Sorry I realized that I was transferring the zip over wifi and was wondering what was taking so long.
All I did was fork the D2G framework_base and merge some overlay changes from tpruvot's base to get the camera buffer allocation working. I needed this so that I can start working on getting the panorama and camcorder working. All of my changes are at https://github.com/JB1tz
I
f this build fixes most of the camera issues for anyone who tries it then I can try to cleanup the patches for x13thangelx if he wants to pull.

I'm in the process of getting the camcorder and charging mode working. If i'm not too tired tonight and I have some success i'll update my server with a new build.

EDIT:
md5sum: ef1341d725ac925ea73c731c6a496a25

Edited by Jonman409, 19 March 2012 - 08:41 AM.

• 12 Likes

twisted_58

twisted_58

• 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:39 AM #3414

http://jon.awi6.net/cm9dx/CM9-DX-03192012.zip

Here's the custom build if anyone wants to try it. For me camera works every time and will take pictures.
This build should also have mute in calls working. Sorry I realized that I was transferring the zip over wifi and was wondering what was taking so long.
All I did was fork the D2G framework_base and merge some overlay changes from tpruvot's base to get the camera buffer allocation working. I needed this so that I can start working on getting the panorama and camcorder working. All of my changes are at https://github.com/JB1tz
I
f this build fixes most of the camera issues for anyone who tries it then I can try to cleanup the patches for x13thangelx if he wants to pull.

I'm in the process of getting the camcorder and charging mode working. If i'm not too tired tonight and I have some success i'll update my server with a new build.

Downloading now. Can we get a md5 for this?
  • 0 Likes

Dshoe

Dshoe

Nexus

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:39 AM #3415

http://jon.awi6.net/cm9dx/CM9-DX-03192012.zip

I

thank for your contribution, I will definitely be trying this ROM again if this gets merged.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes
Carbon ROM Developer
conservative.Kernel | Twitter | Google+

Jonman409

Jonman409

Super User

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:41 AM #3416

Downloading now. Can we get a md5 for this?

Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night :tongue2:
ef1341d725ac925ea73c731c6a496a25 CM9-DX-03192012.zip
  • 1 Likes

twisted_58

twisted_58

• 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:51 AM #3417

Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night :tongue2:
ef1341d725ac925ea73c731c6a496a25 CM9-DX-03192012.zip

No prob, pretty much the same here XD
  • 0 Likes

fletcher969

fletcher969

• 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:55 AM #3418

Goes to show you what I don't know. I thought CM DX roms were blur based, 2nd init roms. Don't ask me why I thought that, or why I thought it was possible to have a blur rom that 2nd inits, but those thoughts are the product of this learning curve the linux community mandates I navigate on my own while I attempt to make some semblence of sense out of a vast amount of seemingly disparate and unstructured resources, all the while dodging noob-question bullets with careful wording in an attempt to learn faster than my confusion will otherwise allow. :)

So...CM9 is (I haven't a clue now???), and Gummy is an AOSP rom. So....what type of rom is CM9? (fire away, I feel like a masochist today)

By the way...I had to look up kang, blur, aosp, and I didn't know who Kejar is. :)
  • 0 Likes

OP x13thangelx

x13thangelx

Developer

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:03 AM #3419

I guess it would be possible to have a blur 2nd-init rom but thats more of a "whats the point?" thing. Since the whole point of 2nd-init was to get around us being required to stick within the moto init's (which we would be required to do with a blur based rom).

CM has almost become its own seperate category at this point. Its technically AOSP but its so heavily modified for compatibility that it doesnt really entirely belong in the AOSP category. (if that makes sense at all?)

Kejar is the lead dev on Gummy. Gummy is basically the Liberty team with a few changes.
  • 0 Likes
Unofficial CM9 builds for: DX, D2, D2G

jhanford

jhanford

Android Beginner

• 99 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:04 AM #3420

http://jon.awi6.net/...DX-03192012.zip

If this build fixes most of the camera issues for anyone who tries it then I can try to cleanup the patches for x13thangelx if he wants to pull.

EDIT:
md5sum: ef1341d725ac925ea73c731c6a496a25

I've created a torrent to help the download speeds. (Got pretty slow for me!)

Attached Files

Edited by jhanford, 19 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.

• 2 Likes