[ROM] UNOFFICIAL CM9 Nightly Builds [DISCONTINUED]

cm9 cyanogenmod tenderloin nightly teamwin
  • Please log in to reply

macauman

macauman

Super User

• 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:45 AM #11

So it is 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.3 (A0.6) now?

Do I still need to scroll down to get the "Setting" in notification with this nightlies?

Edited by macauman, 16 February 2012 - 11:27 AM.

• 0 Likes
TouchPad dual booting WebOS with...
CM7 A3 CM7 A3.5
CM9 A0 CM9 A0.5 CM9 A0.6 CM9 A1 CM9 A2 CM9 Official Nightlies!!!!

If you find my posts useful, please LIKE me.

cellneuron

cellneuron

Android Beginner

• 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:36 AM #12

So it is 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.3 (A0.6) now?

Do I still need to scroll down to get the "Setting" in notification with this nightlies?

yes, nothing changed.
  • 0 Likes

macauman

macauman

Super User

• 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:38 AM #13

yes, nothing changed.

Thanks. I think I will keep A0.6 for the mean time. Not going to do upgrade every night lol
  • 0 Likes
CM7 A3 CM7 A3.5

zoink

zoink

• 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:09 PM #14

Can someone please confirm the higher LCD density still works in the new nightlies?
  • 0 Likes

vsblimited

vsblimited

• 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 PM #15

Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems like a naive question, but do you still use CWM to install these nightlies? Do I have to wipe data which means I will lose my installed apps?

Thanks
  • 0 Likes

litdroid

litdroid

Android Beginner

• 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:30 PM #16

Can someone please confirm the higher LCD density still works in the new nightlies?

It's definitely working for me.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems like a naive question, but do you still use CWM to install these nightlies? Do I have to wipe data which means I will lose my installed apps?

Thanks

You can definitely use CWM recovery to flash this.

Flash gapps afterwards - 4.0.3 v11 is what I flashed, but had to run the gapps fixer after I booted as my google account was missing. You may not have to run the gapps fixer, so do nightly zip, gapps zip, 120 density zip, then boot. If your google account is gone, reboot and flash the gapps fixer and should be good to go.

Edited by litdroid, 16 February 2012 - 01:33 PM.

• 1 Likes

OP eyeballer

eyeballer

TeamWin

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:38 PM #17

Thanks. I think I will keep A0.6 for the mean time. Not going to do upgrade every night lol

Just because it's a "nightly" doesn't mean you have to flash it each night. Each build is a full rom so just update whenever you feel like it, or whenever something is merged that sounds interesting or useful to you.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Just wipe caches coming from a previous cm9 build. Occasionally there may be something in a nightly build that will require a data wipe so make sure you back up first, but be willing to wipe data if you run into an issue. This is where apps like titanium backup and mybackup root help to restore apps between clean installs.
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image Posted Image

macauman

macauman

Super User

• 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:55 PM #18

Just because it's a "nightly" doesn't mean you have to flash it each night. Each build is a full rom so just update whenever you feel like it, or whenever something is merged that sounds interesting or useful to you.

Just wipe caches coming from a previous cm9 build. Occasionally there may be something in a nightly build that will require a data wipe so make sure you back up first, but be willing to wipe data if you run into an issue. This is where apps like titanium backup and mybackup root help to restore apps between clean installs.

That's what I intend to do.
  • 0 Likes
CM7 A3 CM7 A3.5

vsblimited

vsblimited

• 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:38 PM #19

It's definitely working for me.

You can definitely use CWM recovery to flash this.

Flash gapps afterwards - 4.0.3 v11 is what I flashed, but had to run the gapps fixer after I booted as my google account was missing. You may not have to run the gapps fixer, so do nightly zip, gapps zip, 120 density zip, then boot. If your google account is gone, reboot and flash the gapps fixer and should be good to go.

Thank you for your responses.

I do not know why but my google account did not keep all the apps that I have installed before when I upgrade from cm7 to cm9. I like to install these nightlies but I really do not want to look for my installed apps again. Using Titanium backup is a solution, but it's just annoying that Google does not keep track of what apps I have. Therefore I have been using Amazon for my apps now and I just need to install them from my account again.

BTW, is there anything significant that these nightlies have that alpha 0.6 does not have? I really like to have microphone and camera working but I guess it wont happen soon :((...Anyway, CM did great and many thanks to the team :))
  • 0 Likes

vsblimited

vsblimited

• 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:40 PM #20

Oh by the way, 132 dpi is the greatest on TP :)) , not 120 (IMHO)
  • 0 Likes