1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Root RAZR/RAZR MAXX with latest OTA (.173 and hopefully all that follow)

• Please log in to reply

OP johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

Average Android

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:27 AM #1

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable or responsible for any damage to your phone. This is solely the users decision to "root" their phone.

(Update) Dan has posted a Linux/OSX version too!

This is the same exploit that was held for a bounty for the Droid 4 the other day.
It was finally released and it should work on all Moto devices.

Download it here: http://vulnfactory.o...nty-experiment/

The instuctions are easy to follow.

1. Make sure your device is in USB debugging mode
2. Plug your phone into your PC
3. Make sure your device is in charge only mode
4. Ensure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed (available here: http://bit.ly/wXY45j )
5. Extract the entire zip file
6. Double click “run.bat”
7. Enjoy root!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Edited by johnjutrasii, 29 February 2012 - 03:20 PM.

• 1 Likes
Phone: RAZR MAXX
Get an extra 250mb free online storage (for both of us) on dropbox.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.
Get an extra gig of storage (for both of us) on minus.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.

mashwa74

mashwa74

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:33 PM #2

works perfectly... i hope someone comes up with the unroot for this formula just incase the OTA for ICS pops up soon lol.. Thanks johnjutrasii Bravo
  • 0 Likes
TechWannabe

rexboe

rexboe

Android Apprentice

• 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM #3

I saw a post that said pete's one click will unroot it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RootzWiki

Edited by rexboe, 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM.

• 0 Likes

syntrix

syntrix

Android Beginner

• 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:59 PM #4

I used zerg on a maxx I got today before accepting the OTA, also did ota rootkeper, but that wasn't necessary after the ota in my case.
  • 0 Likes

mr.droidx

mr.droidx

Android Apprentice

• 37 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:21 PM #5

so this works on the latest ota from moto? i just got my x in the mail today and want to make sure what i do is correct. also how do you check if the proper drivers are installed? i have one of them installed on my comp from when i would use rsd lite to sbf my dx back to stock but i can't remember which one it is
  • 0 Likes

OP johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

Average Android

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:00 AM #6

Not sure if it works on the X, but worst case, it doesn't and you can use Pete's one click method (google it). Download the newest drivers anyway and then try this one. If it works, report back here and I'll get a list of working phones going.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • 0 Likes
Get an extra 250mb free online storage (for both of us) on dropbox.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.
Get an extra gig of storage (for both of us) on minus.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.

mr.droidx

mr.droidx

Android Apprentice

• 37 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:44 AM #7

Not sure if it works on the X, but worst case, it doesn't and you can use Pete's one click method (google it). Download the newest drivers anyway and then try this one. If it works, report back here and I'll get a list of working phones going.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

i meant i got my razr maxx in the mail today haha my bad
  • 0 Likes

m0unds

m0unds

Android Apprentice

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:48 AM #8

@johnjutrasii - hey, unless you've gotten permission from dan to hotlink files stored on his webserver, you might wanna change the OP to at least direct to his blog post about the vuln and charity stuff instead of pointing directly at the files themselves.

Edited by m0unds, 16 February 2012 - 09:53 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

Average Android

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:16 PM #9

@johnjutrasii - hey, unless you've gotten permission from dan to hotlink files stored on his webserver, you might wanna change the OP to at least direct to his blog post about the vuln and charity stuff instead of pointing directly at the files themselves.

Thanks for the heads up. I was posting this from my phone and didn't realize I used the wrong link.

(edit) OP fixed

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Edited by johnjutrasii, 16 February 2012 - 12:19 PM.

• 1 Likes

mdcowby

mdcowby

Android Lover

• 77 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:44 PM #10

Noob here for this phone do I Extract the entire zip file in my pc or place the file in my phone somewhere..
  • 0 Likes