Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: Unlocked GSM

Optional:: Overclocked

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Insecure Boot

Android Version:: 2.3.X (GB)

Source::
Introductions first: my name is Francisco Franco and I'm a kernel developer for several devices, the most important being the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus. If you don't know who I am I suggest you to visit the links on my signature, they will perfectly show you how appraised my work has been.

Ok, let's get to the business. My idea for a kernel is pretty simple, focus on performance while not sacrificing the battery, and doing this without adding lots of crap code to the kernel or patches called OmfgThisWillBoostYourDeviceOver9000. What you see is what you'll get, as simple as that.

This is what my kernel is made off:
* Initramfs with the usual stuff (root, CWM support, recovery etc)
* Partitions properly mounted in the ramdisk to take the most out from the device
* VM values tweaked up for maximum performance/battery
* Ondemand governor properly tweaked - features 10k sampling rate for more fine grained samplings
* I/O boosted - I feel this is the most important setting in the Android kernels
* CFQ I/O scheduler by default - most of the Android kernel devs choose to work with deadline or other schedulers, but after deep testing a proper tweaked CFQ for flash devices proved me as the most reliable choice
* CFS task scheduler properly tweaked for the best multi-tasking experience
* CFS Autogroup added
* TCP Veno congestion scheduler by default as its more suitable for this kind of devices
* Kernel stripped of debug shit - the only debugs that stayed were: logcat, printk and kallysms (for Voodoo Louder support)
* CRC32 library that is used by a lot of internal kernel mechanics completely patched up to the latest versions
* Compiled with Tree RCU Fast No Hz for further battery savings
* The usual Franco's magic
* SLQB memory allocator
* Lots lots more that I will remember later and add it back here...

Changelog:
* #7 Ondemand patches reverted
* Ondemand tuned for battery - it only ramps up if load is > 98% instead of 60% like it was before
* GPU clock decreased to 300mhz from 400mhz
* Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP from Google - should improve internet speed
* Removed the config option that skips loops per jiffy calculation - now both cores run with the same loops per jiffy value as it's should be
* Some small tweaks and optimizations

F.A.Q:
1. My device rebooted or crashed, how can I help?
A: Get me /proc/last_kmsg or logcat.
2. Battery sucks, my device is not entering deep sleep. FIX PLOX!
A: Fix it yourself, it's an app waking your device up not the kernel's problem. Also make sure you let your device settle for at least 2 charging cycles. Typically apps like Facebook and Google Maps can cause problems since they wake it up pretty much all the time
3. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel, amg u sucks!
A: The kernel has nothing to do with gsm/cmda signal. Make sure you have the latest radios
4. Do I need to wipe anything when flashing this kernel?
A: No.
5. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
A: Learn to read, everything you need to know is in the features list, changelog or public repo.
6. Don't use 3rd party init.d scripts!!!

A lot is planned for the next weeks, including an updater/kernel settings app to help everyone manage this kernel with the best possible experience. Please I need a lot of feedback from this kernel, I'm counting on YOU.

Download: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Note/franco.Kernel-8.zip (flashable with CWM recovery)
(Thanks minooch for the hosting)
franco.Kernel updater app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.franco.kernel.note
franco.Kernel updater app from Android Pit: http://www.androidpit.com/en/androi...nco.kernel.note/franco-Kernel-for-Galaxy-Note

Sources: https://github.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy_Note

See less See more
#13 ·
Will most likely be pokin my head in here a lot more. My mother recently purchased a Galaxy Note and I will most likely be the one teaching her everything and making her phone better. Will be nice to find out about another android phone rather than just the Galaxus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.