Rate this Topic

2 votes

Governors

• Please log in to reply

OP bigshotrob22

bigshotrob22

Android Lover

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:01 PM #1

Thanks to bobcaruso, Goose306, and Slowcaddy we have a way to set up smartassv2 into a ROM of your choice.

Goose306 Instructions: I pulled out all the Govs from MIUI 2.1 as well as the symsearch.ko. Grab them from my dropbox in the link below:

http://dl.dropbox.co...5/Governors.zip
MD5: E3A0996576D853CF829FDA78206DDFDB

Unzip, pick and choose the govs you want and install. Both drivers go in the /system/lib/modules dir (Bobcaruso)

After you have done the steps above do the following

Slowcaddy Instructions:

su

/system/bin/sh

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko

insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_smartassv2.ko

Now you can use AOC, QCA, or Liberty Toolbox to select smartassv2

Heres another method provided by Slowcaddy:

http://db.tt/NeuMyERw -Here is a link to a zip I made has the init.d script to reload on boot and also has interactive, interactiveX, smartass, smartassV2, and conservative govs. Doesn't work yet on CM9 x13thangelx said cm9 doesn't support init.d scripts yet but I tested it on CM7. You'll have to repick your gov in whatever app you use ie: QCA, SETCPU, OR AOC after each reboot

Also heres the script I made if anybody wants it:

http://dl.dropbox.co...143482/governor

Edited by bigshotrob22, 21 February 2012 - 09:44 AM.

• 2 Likes

chuck54

chuck54

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:45 PM #2

Im not sure how to do that, but it might be a good idea to try the powerboost mod. I dont have a link for it right now, but try droidmodderx's website. By installing it, it comes with a moddifyed conservative governor that is GREAT for battery savings.
  • 0 Likes

clothednblack

clothednblack

Android Guru

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:28 PM #3

Im not sure how to do that, but it might be a good idea to try the powerboost mod. I dont have a link for it right now, but try droidmodderx's website. By installing it, it comes with a moddifyed conservative governor that is GREAT for battery savings.

http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/11110-[MOD]-PowerBoost-v2.5-]in-the-kitchen[-FEATURES/TO-DO-in-OP-]

sent from my BOOSTEDassV2 DX Miui
  • 0 Likes

bobcaruso

bobcaruso

Android Helper

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:48 AM #4

Does anybody have a guide or tutorial on how to implement smartassv2 governor into Liberty rom?
Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

The gov is device (omap 3 etc) dependent not rom dependent, just find it and use it. Make sure you also have symsearch.ko as well (also device dependent)
Both drivers go in the /system/lib/modules dir
then grab an init.d script (from PB or JB, modify it to use smartassV2.
  • 1 Likes

dvschnk

dvschnk

Android Beginner

• 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:40 PM #5

do you know where a copy of smartassv2 driver is for the omap3? I've found some different symsearch.ko...but having trouble locating the gov driver file for the dx type cpu. Google mostly pulls up the driver for the scorpion from the X10
  • 0 Likes

Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:43 PM #6

do you know where a copy of smartassv2 driver is for the omap3? I've found some different symsearch.ko...but having trouble locating the gov driver file for the dx type cpu. Google mostly pulls up the driver for the scorpion from the X10

You should be able to extract it from a ROM which has it... MIUI would be a good example. I'll check it out real quick and if I can find it I'll put it in my dropbox for ya.

EDIT: I pulled out all the Govs from MIUI 2.1 as well as the symsearch.ko. Grab them from my dropbox in the link below:

Unzip, pick and choose the govs you want and install as Bob said. Use program (AOC, QC advanced, etc.) to get them installed. Credit for the govs go to the original devs! As per usual, not responsible for what you do, your phone, etc.

Enjoy!

Edited by Goose306, 12 February 2012 - 09:57 PM.

• 2 Likes

OP bigshotrob22

bigshotrob22

Android Lover

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:30 PM #7

You should be able to extract it from a ROM which has it... MIUI would be a good example. I'll check it out real quick and if I can find it I'll put it in my dropbox for ya.

EDIT: I pulled out all the Govs from MIUI 2.1 as well as the symsearch.ko. Grab them from my dropbox in the link below:

Unzip, pick and choose the govs you want and install as Bob said. Use program (AOC, QC advanced, etc.) to get them installed. Credit for the govs go to the original devs! As per usual, not responsible for what you do, your phone, etc.

Enjoy!

Thanks! Thanks to everybody else who replied as well. Going to give it a shot
  • 1 Likes

dvschnk

dvschnk

Android Beginner

• 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:28 PM #8

Thanks goose. I hadn't tried pulling stuff out of roms yet. Much appreciated.
  • 0 Likes

Sandman007

Sandman007

Deadly_Hamsters

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:04 AM #9

I followed these directions to the letter.

1. Downloaded all governors and symsearch.ko and i put them in the appropriate directory.

2. I extracted 99gov from JBMv19 and edited the file to use Smartassv2. I then put the edited file in /etc/init.d

after doing this and i rebooted my governor does not show in QCA or SetCPU
  • 0 Likes

VZW Galaxy S3
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: ChaOS

Slowcaddy

Slowcaddy

I like Burnouts

• 120 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:17 PM #10

I followed these directions to the letter.

1. Downloaded all governors and symsearch.ko and i put them in the appropriate directory.

2. I extracted 99gov from JBMv19 and edited the file to use Smartassv2. I then put the edited file in /etc/init.d

after doing this and i rebooted my governor does not show in QCA or SetCPU

Saw ur post in the cm9 thread. I too couldn't get them to show on CM9 after following the instructions. I tryed something else and I really am new to this stuff so I had no idea what I was doing just did some searching of old z
Govener zips. I ran this in terminal and it worked to install smartassv2.

su

/system/bin/sh

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko

insmod /system/lib/modules/
cpufreq_smartassv2.ko

After that it showed up in QCA for me

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
  • 1 Likes