1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Phone says battery is charging even when its not plugged in! Please HELP!

• Please log in to reply

OP corenojc

corenojc

Android Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:01 PM #1

I need help, my phone says its charging when it isnt plugged in. it says charging on both the lockscreen and in the notification bar, but in settings/battery the phone knows when it is or isnt plugged in. Also, a reboot doeant fix, but if i battery pull it works properly again until the next time i plug it in and then it gets stuck with the issue again until i battery pull again.

No idea how this happened, i was running CNA 1.3.3 with the new 4.0.4 radios and bootloader and was running fine for days until this randomly happened.

Things i have tried already that didnt work:
-full wipe and fresh install
-full wipe and flash aoko toro 22 instead of CNA
-wipe cache, dalvik
-fix permissions
-wipe battery stats
-tried several different kernels

No matter what i try it still happens unless i battery pull and starts immediately again once i plug in and wont stop unless i battery pull.

Anybody got any other ideas? or thoughts on what could cause this? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by corenojc, 10 February 2012 - 03:35 PM.

• 0 Likes

Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid

Android Beginner

• 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 PM #2

I need help, my phone says its charging when it isnt plugged in. it says charging on both the lockscreen and in the notification bar, but in settings/battery the phone knows when it is or isnt plugged in. Also, a reboot doeant fix, but if i battery pull it works properly again until the next time i plug it in and then it gets stuck with the issue again until i battery pull again.

No idea how this happened, i was running CNA 1.3.3 with the new 4.0.4 radios and bootloader and was running fine for days until this randomly happened.

Things i have tried already that didnt work:
-full wipe and fresh install
-full wipe and flash aoko toro 22 instead of CNA
-wipe cache, dalvik
-fix permissions
-wipe battery stats

No matter what it stiunless i battery pull and then immediately starts again if i pkug into a charger na

Sort of sounds like you have a damaged USB port. I mean can it be software related if you changed roms? Try flashing a different kernel.

Good luck
  • 0 Likes

OP corenojc

corenojc

Android Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:37 PM #3

Sort of sounds like you have a damaged USB port. I mean can it be software related if you changed roms? Try flashing a different kernel.

Good luck

I thought about that too, just thought it was strange that it stops once i battery pull but not if i reboot. also, i did try several kernels as well just forgot to put that in the OP. this is killing me lol
  • 0 Likes

badfish

badfish

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:11 PM #4

Will your phone charge properly?
  • 0 Likes

OP corenojc

corenojc

Android Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:17 PM #5

Will your phone charge properly?

yes. it charges just fine, but still says its charging after i unplug unless i battery pull
  • 0 Likes

gsxrdon

gsxrdon

Developer

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:29 PM #6

try flashing back to 4.0.3 radio. If you flashed wiping everything you might have to flash your phone back to stock unrooted and all and start over
  • 0 Likes

badfish

badfish

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:42 PM #7

http://code.google.c...&sort=&id=23789When that happened to me, my phone wouldn't charge in addition to showing charge symbol while unplugged. Also, nandroids would not restore. I had to reflash factory img/relock to correct, ok since then. Found issue 23789, maybe this helps?
  • 0 Likes

gsxrdon

gsxrdon

Developer

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:47 PM #8

Thats what i figured. Thanks for the info!
  • 0 Likes

OP corenojc

corenojc

Android Enthusiast

• 145 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:54 PM #9

ok im gona try the old radio first, but if not i might need to go 100% stock and as a last resort even get a warranty replacement. ill report backafter the radio change
  • 0 Likes

gsxrdon

gsxrdon

Developer

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 PM #10

ok im gona try the old radio first, but if not i might need to go 100% stock and as a last resort even get a warranty replacement. ill report backafter the radio change

Good luck buddy!
  • 0 Likes