Rate this Topic

2 votes

AOKP | inc | June 24 | build 40

• Please log in to reply

ArchAbaddon

ArchAbaddon

• 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 AM #351

Try M5? That was the most stable to date, mainly because it doesn't have HWA.

Pons,

Maybe I can make this work w/ HWA? I noticed a post you made a few pages ago:

Builds 35 and 36 (and presumably every future build) have HWA, which the standard incredikernel doesn't support. There is a beta1 incredikernel that does support HWA, but it's labeled as such.

Perhaps I just need a new kernel? Admittedly, I've never updated the kernel and don't have any experience doing such. I noticed this post a post or two after yours:

Pons! Thank you so very much, you always know what is up. I had been looking for that beta, Chad and Tiny don't make that sucker easy to find! Adding "HWA" to my google inquiry brought it right up: http://forum.xda-dev...0&postcount=108 ... It's booting up beautifully now. Thanks so much, again, as always! You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. Cheers!

What do you think, should I try this? Might it fix some of the issues I'm seeing:

UPDATE: tried the camera fix here:

MongooseHelix has an update for the camera. It was made for Evervolv, but should work on other ICS ROMS. I haven't tried it myself. https://mobile.twitt...315301638844416

[poo]

I can record video, but can't play it back. Thinking more and more this might be HWA-related.
  • 0 Likes

terrorist96

terrorist96

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:21 AM #352

Hey, anyone who is on the latest build, could you try to change the colors of the wifi and/or cell signal strength and see if it works? On build 33 it only works if you have it set to show the wifi percentage/cell signal strength dBm number. Please and thank you. :)

No one willing to test my simple bug to corroborate?
  • 0 Likes

ArchAbaddon

ArchAbaddon

• 16 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:55 PM #353

Hey, anyone who is on the latest build, could you try to change the colors of the wifi and/or cell signal strength and see if it works? On build 33 it only works if you have it set to show the wifi percentage/cell signal strength dBm number. Please and thank you. :)

No one willing to test my simple bug to corroborate?

Confirmed, same with me. Won't change the color of signal bar graphics, only when using text-based info. Not sure if this is WAI.

Edit: this is w/ B37.

Edited by ArchAbaddon, 18 June 2012 - 02:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

tacofox

tacofox

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:57 PM #354

been reading through the thread and I'm wondering what build I should use if I want this as my daily driver. I just got an inc to replace my broken fascinate today. I would love to be back on ICS/AOKP, I just need it to be stable enough. thanks!
  • 0 Likes

TheDragon

TheDragon

A Dragon

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:07 PM #355

been reading through the thread and I'm wondering what build I should use if I want this as my daily driver. I just got an inc to replace my broken fascinate today. I would love to be back on ICS/AOKP, I just need it to be stable enough. thanks!

I would stick with Milestone 5.
  • 0 Likes

Current || Nexus(toro) running _____ and Nexus 7 running Multirom

Retired || Droid Incredible // Droid Incredible 2 // Vizio Vtab1008 // (Broken) Nexus 7

terrorist96

terrorist96

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM #356

Confirmed, same with me. Won't change the color of signal bar graphics, only when using text-based info. Not sure if this is WAI.

Edit: this is w/ B37.

thank you. I just reported it as a bug. I think it should allow us to change the colors of the bars. Why not?
While I have your attention, could you check one more thing? Go into the dialer and make sure the setting is set to not rotate into landscape (only for the dialer)..and try to rotate into landscape. Mine is set not rotate but it still does.
  • 0 Likes

ArchAbaddon

ArchAbaddon

• 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:18 AM #357

thank you. I just reported it as a bug. I think it should allow us to change the colors of the bars. Why not?
While I have your attention, could you check one more thing? Go into the dialer and make sure the setting is set to not rotate into landscape (only for the dialer)..and try to rotate into landscape. Mine is set not rotate but it still does.

In the Dialer > Menu settings, Enable Landscape is not checked. However, if I rotate my phone to landscape orientation, the dialer still conforms to landscape view. The check box appears to do nothing, and this feature is always Enabled. Not WAI.
  • 0 Likes

terrorist96

terrorist96

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:28 AM #358

Thanks. Reported. :)
  • 0 Likes

ArchAbaddon

ArchAbaddon

• 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:49 AM #359

So I applied the camera fix here yesterday: after further testing, ther video recording works, but not at full framerate; video playback occurs at about 1 FPS. Edit: Slightly better when played on a PC, but only slightly.

Also applied IncredKernel Beta 2 to the phone; stability seems to be better so far (keeping fingers crossed), but didn't do much for video playback. Also, I occasioanlly hit the bug with this kernel, where plugging the charger in caused the OS to restart.

Edited by ArchAbaddon, 19 June 2012 - 10:16 AM.

• 0 Likes

PonsAsinorem

PonsAsinorem

The Incredible Kangaroo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:00 PM #360

Pons,

Maybe I can make this work w/ HWA? I noticed a post you made a few pages ago:

Perhaps I just need a new kernel? Admittedly, I've never updated the kernel and don't have any experience doing such. I noticed this post a post or two after yours:

What do you think, should I try this? Might it fix some of the issues I'm seeing:

UPDATE: tried the camera fix here:

I can record video, but can't play it back. Thinking more and more this might be HWA-related.

I've never worked with the video recorder on aokp. I just don't use it. As for the kernel, most people (including me) use incredikernel hwa beta 2 for added features and governors.
  • 0 Likes