7 votes

AOKP | supersonic | June 4 | build 38 | 4.0.4

• This topic is locked

Lawsonmh15

Lawsonmh15

Themer

• 77 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:53 PM #31

I'll just let everyone having issues know in advance, it would be adviseable to reformat your card as EXT4 and set up an sd-ext partition. Every ICS ROM ran like shit for me until I did this. Also, there's no need to wipe the sd-ext going from rom to rom. Just make sure when you flash this or flash a nightly over the top that you follow the process:

Wipe cache and dalvik cache a few times
Flash B23 (or whatever build version you want)
Flash Gapps
Flash DT apps2sd

then boot.

It may reboot 2 or 3 times during the boot animation, but that's just a2sd doing it's thing. Don't sweat that shit.

This IS the best ICS out there. Now all we need is for someone to get theme chooser added in...
  • 0 Likes

jm-pda

jm-pda

Android Beginner

• 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:49 PM #32

AOKP team,
Great job on this ROM!
Everything works great except for my exchange calendar syncing.

Question to all: I am having Calendar Exchange sync problems. My exchange email shows up just fine, but my exchange calendar does not.
I see that other ICS builds are also having the same issue.
Anyone here found a "zip" file that is compatible with AOKP ROM that I can flash?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • 0 Likes

solinari6

solinari6

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:33 PM #33

I've got a weird request ... love this rom, but i have a problem with the notification pulldown. Is it possible to change the "clear" button, to clear notifications to the bottom of the list, instead of always at the top? My phone is slightly defective, and rarely recognizes my finger up in that corner. So right now, I'll never be able to clear the notifications.

If not an official option, is there some other add-on I could install that might do that?
Thanks
  • 0 Likes

eng1nerd

eng1nerd

Average Android

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:18 AM #34

AOKP team,
Great job on this ROM!
Everything works great except for my exchange calendar syncing.

Question to all: I am having Calendar Exchange sync problems. My exchange email shows up just fine, but my exchange calendar does not.
I see that other ICS builds are also having the same issue.
Anyone here found a "zip" file that is compatible with AOKP ROM that I can flash?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have found that the full set of gapps, about 60 MB file. They seem to work better or the exchange sync in my experience.

I've got a weird request ... love this rom, but i have a problem with the notification pulldown. Is it possible to change the "clear" button, to clear notifications to the bottom of the list, instead of always at the top? My phone is slightly defective, and rarely recognizes my finger up in that corner. So right now, I'll never be able to clear the notifications.

If not an official option, is there some other add-on I could install that might do that?
Thanks

In ICS you can "swipe" each notification to the side (off the screen) just like in CM7. It won't clear all of them but is better than relying on the clear button.
  • 0 Likes

Skripka

Skripka

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:11 AM #35

What are the known issues for this build? Are cameras/gallery/WiMax working? I'm just wondering as this is the first ICS declaring itself stable and I don't see oobvious mention of these issues common in other ICS builds for the Supersonic.

Edited by Skripka, 14 February 2012 - 06:17 AM.

• 0 Likes

solinari6

solinari6

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:40 AM #36

In ICS you can "swipe" each notification to the side (off the screen) just like in CM7. It won't clear all of them but is better than relying on the clear button.

Thanks, that definitely helps. I have noticed i am getting a lot of random reboots, though. Anyone else seeing that? I started with latest CM7, did a full wipe, and normal install. Not sure what could have gone wrong.
  • 0 Likes

bastafari

bastafari

Android Beginner

• 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:47 AM #37

I'll just let everyone having issues know in advance, it would be adviseable to reformat your card as EXT4 and set up an sd-ext partition. Every ICS ROM ran like shit for me until I did this. Also, there's no need to wipe the sd-ext going from rom to rom. Just make sure when you flash this or flash a nightly over the top that you follow the process:

Wipe cache and dalvik cache a few times
Flash B23 (or whatever build version you want)
Flash Gapps
Flash DT apps2sd

then boot.

It may reboot 2 or 3 times during the boot animation, but that's just a2sd doing it's thing. Don't sweat that shit.

This IS the best ICS out there. Now all we need is for someone to get theme chooser added in...

I never set up an s card ext before but that's simple enough however how do i find out if my card is EXT4 or not? Why does this correct the problems?
  • 0 Likes

smelkus

smelkus

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:05 AM #38

I never set up an s card ext before but that's simple enough however how do i find out if my card is EXT4 or not? Why does this correct the problems?

ext4 is a filesystem type. If you've never partitioned your card, then it's probably all an FAT file system. You can read more about them for details, but the short story is ext4 is a much more current Linux file system with better performance.
  • 0 Likes

smelkus

smelkus

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:43 AM #39

Boy, I sure put myself through the motions last night. I decided to upgrade my sd-ext from ext3 to ext4. Definitely didn't want to use TWRP, so I used Ubuntu's disk utility. First I copied its contents off to the PC, formatted it to ext4 and then copied the contents back. Prior to these steps I was smooth sailing on Build 23 with their latest gapps (flashed right over Build 22). First boot just hung. Second boot after battery pull went fine, but then apps were randomly force closing and none of them had their icons in the launcher.

So, I flashed FORMAT ALL again and flashed Build 23 + gapps + a2sd. This time, I couldn't go through the setup screens because Swype kept crashing and I couldn't get another input method up. So, I went through it again back to Build 22 + older gapps - a2sd (to avoid Swype issue). Got through setup, but had the same app crashing problems and no icons. So, I finally nandroided back to Decks 1.3d and all was good.

Then I built myself back to where I was by flashing 22, completed set up, then did a2sd, then flashed 23 + new gapps and now I back to normal. Someone may ask, "Why didn't you just restore your AOKP nandroid in the first place?" and the answer of course is I forgot to backup prior to the ext4 upgrade.

Moral of the story: Don't forget to nandroid when things are running smooth!

Also, completely forgot Amon Ra has this option, which would have been even easier. Doh!

Edited by smelkus, 16 February 2012 - 01:22 PM.

• 0 Likes

jm-pda

jm-pda

Android Beginner

• 28 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:19 AM #40

I have found that the full set of gapps, about 60 MB file. They seem to work better or the exchange sync in my experience.

Hi Eng1nerd, can you please direct me (url link) to where I can find the gapps you are referring to?
I will give that a shot.

Thank you!
  • 0 Likes