Flashing LG signed Firmware

LG Spectrum firmware
  • Please log in to reply

littlenanner85

littlenanner85

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:10 PM #41

I just tried this. Everything seemed to go okay and the installation said complete. It rebooted, but it will not go past the 4G LTE screen. Any ideas? I will try it again to see if it was just fluke.
  • 0 Likes

littlenanner85

littlenanner85

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:28 PM #42

I just reran it and it is doing the same thing, any ideas?

Update: Awesome, I just pulled battery and did the volume down and power with a factory reset and boom goes the dynamite, just like NEW!
Thanks

Edited by littlenanner85, 20 June 2013 - 08:37 PM.

• 1 Likes

John Charlie

John Charlie

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:11 PM #43

Do I need to be rooted or have an unlocked bootloader to do this. Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm about to buy a used Spectrum and I know completely nothing about this device. I own a Droid Bionic and only know things about Motorola devices, not LG. When I get this device, I want to do this to make sure the software is legit. Thank you!
  • 0 Likes

OP Neph

Neph

Android Lover

• 119 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:47 PM #44

No, this runs from LG's boot loader and it does not matter what state your phone is in as long as you can enter download mode.
  • 0 Likes

John Charlie

John Charlie

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:41 PM #45

Every time I turn off the phone, it stays on the "Verizon 4g LTE" splash screen for quite some time (like 10-15 seconds) before turning off... Is this normal? Sorry for dumb question, just got new spectrum.
  • 0 Likes

OP Neph

Neph

Android Lover

• 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:23 PM #46

It depends on how much stuff it's cleaning up after. If you have a lot of things running in the backround that it has to clean up, then yes, this is normal. When I was on stock, my shutdown was about 5-8 seconds on the splash screen.
  • 0 Likes

mckapet

mckapet

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:08 PM #47

Hi again, It's been a while, and I recently saw that CM 10.1.2 is out for the LG Spectrum. I couldn't help myself...I had to give it a try (I'm the guy who just can't get any copy of CM to run on this particular VZW LG Spectrum). No Joy...*sigh*

Any hints, tips, ideas for getting CM to run on my phone? (And as always, if this should be somewhere else, let me know and I'll move it...I realize it's a tad off the original topic)
  • 0 Likes

Homerlanes

Homerlanes

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:36 AM #48

Can anyone confirm that Neph's update in the OP works for the new zv9? I'm currently on stock w/ root...should I do a zv8 cab flash before taking the new OTA, or can I just do some standard app backups and take the update while still rooted? Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 0 Likes

irving102

irving102

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 PM #49

Hey guys my spectrum is stuck on a boot loop i didnt have it rooted or anything i just updated it using the lg service tool and now it work turn on and when it does it show the activation screen i choose language and it goes into boot loop again can someone help me?

• 0 Likes