1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[TUTORIAL] So You Want To Build AOKP/ICS for the Thunderbolt?

• Please log in to reply

coolsilver

coolsilver

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:00 AM #31

I found that ProTekk pulled vendor/aokp/products/common.mk and vendor/aokp/products/common_versions.mk until further review. I searched github for these files and found a fork that still had them. I copied and pasted them in the appropriate directory and lunch succeeded. I'm building now, so we'll see if we're still successful. I'm very interested in this ROM, but don't have any hardware that runs it yet.

It wasn't removed as I checked around AOKP git. It was moved to vendor/aokp/configs. Both common.mk and common_versions.mk are in there and build ok when pointers are updated in device/htc/mecha/aokp.mk

Edit: Protekk pulled the changes in for that. Looks like the wifi is broken and camera.so library was bad but other than that it builds. I'll send him other changes when I have time later tonight

Edited by coolsilver, 21 March 2012 - 12:27 PM.

• 0 Likes

krylon360

krylon360

Dev and Samsung Leaker

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:16 AM #32

FYI, the following isn't supported in ICS and will need to be commented out. I'll submit the pull request once everything builds correctly.
vendor\htc\mecha\overlay\packages\apps\Launcher2\res\layout\all_apps.xml

<include layout="@layout/all_apps_3d" />

strange, mine still had it active. :/ after going and looking at ProTekk's git, it was already commited out. stupid git.

Edited by krylon360, 16 April 2012 - 12:56 AM.

• 0 Likes
Please read the rules.

Twitter: @Krylon360
Github
If you would like to contribute to the development fund, please use the following link:
Beer Fund

gannon5197

gannon5197

Average Android

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:37 PM #33

This is going to sound real stupid, but is this phone CDMA or GSM? I'm looking to dev for it because my brother owns the phone but I don't know much about it. I have compiled CM9 for it. And I have a good reasoning why data/calling/sms isn't working. But I need more info.
  • 0 Likes

redbelly

redbelly

Android Beginner

• 251 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:32 PM #34

This is going to sound real stupid, but is this phone CDMA or GSM? I'm looking to dev for it because my brother owns the phone but I don't know much about it. I have compiled CM9 for it. And I have a good reasoning why data/calling/sms isn't working. But I need more info.

hopefully you've found the answer by now, but cdma
  • 0 Likes

mtevere

mtevere

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:20 AM #35

with ics scheduled to be pushed to the thunderbolt july-august time frame, how will that work on rooted phones that have OTA blocked?
will they need to unblocked to recieve it, and will unblocking cause us to get the last recent OTA update, which caused issues on rooted phones? Can anyone advise on this?
  • 0 Likes

AlexOnVinyl

AlexOnVinyl

noob

• 208 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:05 AM #36

Is there anyway to do this with a GB Stock Rooted Rom? - say do it via the device itsself? then just make a rom out of it? or will that contain too much personal data?
  • 0 Likes

padraic

padraic

Beer

• 176 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:34 AM #37

Is there anyway to do this with a GB Stock Rooted Rom? - say do it via the device itsself? then just make a rom out of it? or will that contain too much personal data?

Not sure what you're asking.
  • 0 Likes

redbelly

redbelly

Android Beginner

• 251 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:14 PM #38

This is a custom rom for ICS/Jelly Bean. AOKP stands for Andriod Open Kang Progject, they have a forum here, http://rootzwiki.com/forum/424-aokp/

doubt we'll have an official version for tbolt, protekk (developer for aokp and creator of this thread) tweeted a few nights ago a list of his current devices and tbolt wasnt on it. always a chance someone else will port it over.
  • 0 Likes

kkjdroid

kkjdroid

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:39 PM #39

I'm getting a Git error--it isn't finding a revision master in manifests. Also, to do this on Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm assuming Debian Wheezy and Fedora 17 you have to change the install command to find libreadline6-dev and omit the g++/gcc packages, which are preinstalled. Also, the "CPU cores" on the second repo command refers to your computer's CPU cores, I'm assuming, as this is a Mecha-exclusive guide. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Edited by kkjdroid, 11 September 2012 - 11:41 PM.

• 0 Likes