- - - - -

verizon or sprint?

• Please log in to reply

OP snowbdr89

snowbdr89

Android Beginner

• 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:38 PM #1

so id like some opinions here, im thinking about switching from big red to sprint so give me some opinions please and what do people average on their 4g speeds not that it matters to much but just curious!!
  • 0 Likes

konman

konman

Android Beginner

• 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:11 AM #2

Well I'm coming from bigred, the prices are ridiculous!
I'm trying to switch to sprint to save some grass.
But I wanted to know by rooting any Droid phone
With a custom rom with teether application built in
Will sprint throw down the hammer?
  • 0 Likes

konman

konman

Android Beginner

• 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:51 AM #3

Bump

Edited by konman, 17 February 2012 - 09:30 AM.

• 0 Likes

pvtjoker42

pvtjoker42

Android Apprentice

• 45 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:06 AM #4

I've only heard/read about people getting kicked off Sprint for majorly abusing the "unlimited" data.. (talking 20gb+ a month) the majority of other users haven't had any issues. I routinely use a min of 2gb a month, many times more if i'm away from home.
  • 0 Likes

tkeyes

tkeyes

Average Android

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:10 PM #5

sprint doesnt really care about how many GB you use on the network, if you torrenting and using 100sgb maybe. if you roam alot then there will be problem. i have mlb @ 12 and nhl game center. i watch and listen to games everyday and sprint hasnt had an issue with that.
  • 0 Likes

justen7723

justen7723

Android Lover

• 201 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 PM #6

I did have this phone, I was with sprint. Sprint data service was terrible in my area (Ohio). I left, I'm with Verizon, I'm not waiting for 4g, its fast, and I'm happy. Just say'n.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

nashdogg

nashdogg

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:52 AM #7

I'm with Sprint and the price and plan is right for me. Just don't use roaming in excessive amounts. Data speeds are OK, and even better now for us epic 4g owners since xboxfanj figured out how to use crespo 4g modems with the epic. And with didhiy compiling patched kernels that work with these modems. I have also been trying to keep up with updating the convenient "All in One" patches for CM7,CM9,CM10,ParanoidAndroid,and AOKP. I'm happy with the way my phone works now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes