What I was thinking...

Thanks Dev!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

Kancerstick

Kancerstick

• 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:06 PM #12

I love this, just installed. So much easier on my eyes. Especially while im driving. Thanks so much!
  • 0 Likes

Kancerstick

Kancerstick

• 91 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:53 PM #13

im not sure if flashing these icons did something to my radio, but i cant connect to 3g or 4g anymore after i flashed. I will reflash radios and see what happens.

edit: upon further inspection.. in my settings it clearly says im connected to eHRPD 3G, but the status bar icons dont show, and i cant use anything.

Edited by Kancerstick, 03 February 2012 - 10:02 PM.

• 0 Likes

mistermojorizin

mistermojorizin

Android Lover

• 248 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:02 AM #14

So I installed this and it got rid of my transparent status bar and nav bar mod. One thing that is missing, on the stock data indicator, you can tell when there is data being sent because you see these 2 little arrows inside the signal strength indicator when you're using your connection. Didn't notice anything in this new signal indicator to tell me that.
  • 0 Likes

moosc

moosc

Android Lover

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:35 AM #15

So how can I get this to work on other roms?
  • 0 Likes

OP Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Just an older, more bitter version of Roman

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:27 AM #16

im not sure if flashing these icons did something to my radio, but i cant connect to 3g or 4g anymore after i flashed. I will reflash radios and see what happens.

edit: upon further inspection.. in my settings it clearly says im connected to eHRPD 3G, but the status bar icons dont show, and i cant use anything.

All this does is seperate out the signal view icons. It should have no effect on your radio and connection.
  • 0 Likes
Trolls are not Winners. But some Winners are indeed trolls.

OP Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:31 AM #17

So I installed this and it got rid of my transparent status bar and nav bar mod. One thing that is missing, on the stock data indicator, you can tell when there is data being sent because you see these 2 little arrows inside the signal strength indicator when you're using your connection. Didn't notice anything in this new signal indicator to tell me that.

Yes, this mods SystemUI.apk ... that's where most of your common mods for statusbar and navbar live. You can only have one SystemUI,apk .. so these mods will overwrite each other.

the little arrows were moved over to the 3G/4g icon. they are small and easy to miss. I struggled with where to put these and how big to make them. In my first version of this, I actually had a separate icon for the traffic (would sit in between the 4g and your signal meter.). The problem was that when there was no traffic, the icon would go away and cause the 4g icon to shift right. Then when traffic started again, 4g would shift left. The constant movement annoyed me :)

However, if everyone wants the traffic arrows to be more prevalent, I have some nice icons ready to go, and can put the completely separate icons back.
  • 1 Likes

mistermojorizin

mistermojorizin

Android Lover

• 248 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:42 AM #18

Yes, this mods SystemUI.apk ... that's where most of your common mods for statusbar and navbar live. You can only have one SystemUI,apk .. so these mods will overwrite each other.

the little arrows were moved over to the 3G/4g icon. they are small and easy to miss. I struggled with where to put these and how big to make them. In my first version of this, I actually had a separate icon for the traffic (would sit in between the 4g and your signal meter.). The problem was that when there was no traffic, the icon would go away and cause the 4g icon to shift right. Then when traffic started again, 4g would shift left. The constant movement annoyed me :)

However, if everyone wants the traffic arrows to be more prevalent, I have some nice icons ready to go, and can put the completely separate icons back.

thanks for thinking about the details.

now that i looked, i see a little movement in the bottom right of the 3g icon...and on the 4 icon i barely see it. It just looks like the tiny part of the horizonal line in the number 4 that crosses to the right of the vertical line in the number blinks a little bit. (sorry if that sounds confusing) Bottom line, I can't really see it in the 4 icon and can see it sometimes in the 3g icon. I would like to have a more prominent indicator of data activity, perhaps to the left of the 3g/4 icons or above them. to reduce the movement you described.
  • 0 Likes

gapi

gapi

Private Dick

• 438 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:20 PM #19

Beauty! I drove it this AM. I really like how the 3G icon looks roadie like, as in a highway map marker. Attaching a 4G icon suggestion to continue the Old Geezer/Safe Driver theme? The font is Droid.

The signal bars are really nice, Thanks for fixing the toggle texts.

I see I was not alone.

EDIT Added a bigger 4 with smaller G and changed the color mode from RGB to indexed.

Old Fart 4G.png Old Fart 4G_02.png

Edited by gapi, 04 February 2012 - 07:06 PM.

• 1 Likes
Galaxy Nexus Toro / AOKP JB-MR1 Milestone 1
Posted Image Posted Image
Save Your Breath - Its too late to take me to raise.

OP Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:43 AM #20

Beauty! I drove it this AM. I really like how the 3G icon looks roadie like, as in a highway map marker. Attaching a 4G icon suggestion to continue the Old Geezer/Safe Driver theme? The font is Droid.

The signal bars are really nice, Thanks for fixing the toggle texts.

I see I was not alone.

EDIT Added a bigger 4 with smaller G and changed the color mode from RGB to indexed.

Old Fart 4G.png Old Fart 4G_02.png

Gapi, I love the 4G icon. I'm also playing around a bit with data in/out traffic indicators, and hope to release an update version in the next day or two.

In the mean time, can you make me a 3G version of this:

Posted Image

I would take the icon (without the circle and remove the 'route' & '66' and just overlay 3g in the same way you did the 4g. Will give a nice contrast to the speed difference, etc. :)

Edited by Zaphod-Beeblebrox, 05 February 2012 - 08:45 AM.

• 0 Likes