Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[SCRIPT]Modified TB Script for charge

• Please log in to reply

OP skylerdprahl

skylerdprahl

• 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:54 PM #1

I took the TB script everyone is using and cut some things out of it that didn't pertain to our phone, some kernel stuff that wasn't necessary and could have potentially caused some scaling problems was removed...

. I seperated the renices into a seperate script for easy editing for everyone. If you go in to /system/etc/init.d/93renices
you will see the lines you can modify to set the apps you want reniced or whatever you want to call it lol. They are set up for mine now haha but I use go launcher and go sms, and go contacts and better keyboard 8, so you will definitely want to change them to your apps.

Everything else stays the same and credit is given in each of the scripts. Nothing is original from me, just tweaked up for the Charge.

the .zip script is unchanged as well, so no credit to me for that either. Make sure just like the original that you mount /system /data /sdcard /yourmom before flashing or it won't do anything at all lol.
also if you have v6 or any other scripts in your init.d please Get rid of them. this pretty much covers everything. I can't imagine they play nice together.
Have fun guys, be safe, always double wrap your whopper!

http://xda.chambanat...dedtbscript.zip

Edited by skylerdprahl, 30 January 2012 - 07:00 PM.

• 1 Likes

Chocu1a

Chocu1a

Android Lover

• 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:57 AM #2

Can this script be used with Tweakstock kernel? Or does it have to have ext4?
  • 0 Likes

shanerbaner82

shanerbaner82

• 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:30 AM #3

Can this script be used with Tweakstock kernel? Or does it have to have ext4?

Hey guys,I just got my Charge yesterday so I'm relatively new to this device. I had a fassy before this so I'm comfortable with odin and flashing Roms, etc. I did read on the front page of the Charge forum about using the thunderbolt script to speed up processing. not sure what "renices" are, and not sure if I can come from stock,deodexed,debloated, rooted and just flash this zip or freeze some init.d or something...?? Any help is greatly appreciated, looking forward to a comfortable stay with the Charge for a bit.
  • 0 Likes

ZeppelinJ0

ZeppelinJ0

Android Beginner

• 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:58 AM #4

For anyone that's curious about package names for the stock eclipse launcher:

com.eclipse.launcher2
  • 0 Likes

OP skylerdprahl

skylerdprahl

• 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:57 PM #5

ext4 or not makes no difference.

not sure if tweakstock has the init.d folder enabled but if it does you can definitely use it with that.

renice means keeping a certain app from being killed as easily. less reloading, having it always available means less lag. put too many in there and they will all get killed equally which kinda defeats the purpose.

just modify the renices file with any text editor. you will see areas for your launcher, your keyboard, etc.
to get the file name for your apps navigate to /data/data/ and look at the names of the folders there. there will be one for every app.

I think I missed a question cuz I am on my phone and kinda busy, I will respond again soon, maybe make a more detailed walkthrough.
  • 0 Likes

OP skylerdprahl

skylerdprahl

• 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:59 PM #6

oh yea deodex, odexed, makes no difference as well.
  • 0 Likes

technosapien

technosapien

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:00 PM #7

If I recall tweakstock does not support init.d because it's just the stock kernel but you can flash a new kernel with it. Peanut Butta Jelly Time 0130 supports init.d
  • 0 Likes

undzis

undzis

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:21 AM #8

what exactly does this script do?
  • 0 Likes

dwitherell

dwitherell

Consummate tinkerer

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:57 AM #9

If I recall tweakstock does not support init.d because it's just the stock kernel but you can flash a new kernel with it. Peanut Butta Jelly Time 0130 supports init.d

FYI - There are variants that are kernel-free.
  • 0 Likes
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

Posted Image

Birthofahero

Birthofahero

Android Lover

• 395 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:01 PM #10

Why is every letter double spaced when viewing/editing the 93renice file?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes