- - - - -

Theme Toolbox - Updated 3/4/2012

toolbox theme
  • Please log in to reply

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:58 AM #1

BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS APP YOU ARE TAKING FULL RESPOSIBLITY IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE!

This app is still only compatible with ICS

======> DOWNLOAD <======
=======> MasturMods Settings <=======

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE!
HOWEVER...
I WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU IN ANY WAY I CAN =)

Confirmed working on:
  • DROID 3
  • DROID Bionic
  • DROID Incredible
  • DROID RAZR
  • Galaxy Nexus
INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Download app ^
  • Place app on SDCard
  • Using your favorite file browser, navigate to where you put it and touch to install
ONCE INSTALLED
  • MAKE A NANDROID BACK UP!! You have been warned...
  • Decide what you want to modify
  • Touch it to install
  • Sit back and watch it work
  • SystemUI WILL force close (this means the app has done its job and you're ready to reboot)
  • Reboot when the app prompts you to
Thanks
Dhacker29 - Pushing me to research
		Setting up http://masturmods.us.to (even though it was hacked and crashed)
DroidTh3ory - Pointing me in the right direction
Jrummy16 - Offering to help with final coding
	   For being such a badass with Java
JBird_Vegas - For giving me pointers and getting me psyched for this
Jcase - For all he did to help me understand the language
Everyone for testing this throughout its beta stages

Posted Image

FAQ:
Q - Will this work on 'Phone X'?
A - The only way you'll find out is if you test it, this application was built to be ROM and phone independent.

Q - Will this work on 'ROM X'?
A - See the question above... Furthermore, As long as your ROM is ICS 4.0.3 or better, you'll be perfectly fine!

Q - When will 'feature X' be included in the app?
A - Either when I figure it out or when you (or someone else) shows me how to do so. I am nowhere near the title of 'App Dev' but I have been doing my best to learn and get the application to function as best it can.

Q - What devices are supported?
A - All (and I mean ALL) HDPI and XHDPI devices, MDPI devices will come soon enough =)

Q - WHY ISN'T MY BATTERY DISPLAYING PROPERLY IN THE STATUS BAR???
A - Instead of clogging my thread with posts that have nothing to do with my app, please ask the dev of your rom if 1% increments are set FOR THE BASE BATTERY. Thanks in advance =)

Q - When I use 'mod X' i get a folder in my gallery with all the images...
A - Not really a question, but it's a common complaint. Until I get it set up to have the app do this for you, go to the 'masturmods' folder on your SD card and create a '.nomedia' file. It doesn't have to have anything in it, this just tells your apps not to look in this folder or any subfolders for images, music, etc.

IF YOU HAVE ICONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ADDED TO MASTURMODS SETTINGS, USE THE APP TO SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH ALL OF THE ICONS YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED!
(If they make the cut they will be added and you will be credited for the addition)

Edited by Mastur Mynd, 05 May 2012 - 05:41 AM.

• 10 Likes

stastnysnipes26

stastnysnipes26

Head Forum Stoner

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:16 AM #2

I don't have any input on how to help you get this up and running but I do know that this looks like an awesome app. I'm sure that with the awesome dev. community for this phone someone will be able to help you get this up and running.
  • 0 Likes
Motorola Droid- GPA 19- RETIRED
HTC Thunderbolt- BAMF Forever 1.10- $OLD
Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Slim ROM- $OLD
Motorola Moto X- Stock rooted
Nexus 7-Paranoid Android

alatedseraph

alatedseraph

Android Master

• 959 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:31 AM #3

OMG this is exactly what Im looking for, You should also add a simple hex color changer! That way we can choose what color we want them to be too.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:35 AM #4

That's part of the plan =) but I want to get 'the basics' working on this before i worry about any frills

spread the word... hell spam some devs if you have to lol

just kidding on that last part (...or am I?...)

=)
  • 0 Likes

alatedseraph

alatedseraph

Android Master

• 959 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:50 PM #5

You should decompile ninjamorph and learn how it can go into the apks and replace the pngs from the phone, thats the first step of being able to do what you want, after that its a simple reboot and the changes take place.
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:57 PM #6

You should decompile ninjamorph and learn how it can go into the apks and replace the pngs from the phone, thats the first step of being able to do what you want, after that its a simple reboot and the changes take place.

i wish it were that simple. I'm actually building this from the ground up and when you decompile an app it gives you smali instead of java. Last time I checked none of those apps (metamorph/ninjamorph) were open source so i can't get what i need from them
  • 1 Likes

jrock7885

jrock7885

Android Defender

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM #7

Subscribed!!!!!! I told this guy in another thread he posted about this very theme box app that all it would take is time and one would be out before he knew lol. the is the Nexus nothing takes longer a second to come out lol. By the way the UI looks just right. thanks for working on this.
  • 0 Likes
R.I.P---OG Droid, Droid X, "Droid Charge-COMPLETE waist of money", Droid RAZR
Current---GALAXY NEXUS-JELLY BEAN SWEETNESS!!!!

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:52 AM #8

Didn't think I was gonna have to do this, but I'm entering 'Bump mode'

I'm still unable to get reverse navigation down. It's really annoying me... Gone over a lot of literature but I can't get it to work right
  • 0 Likes

MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Chief Smartass

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:55 AM #9

Reach out to jrummy. His toolbox has similar features.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

OP Mastur Mynd

Mastur Mynd

404 = Look Harder

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:22 AM #10

been talking to him some. He seems to be a busy guy so I don't want to bother him too much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes