4 votes

AOKP | p4/wifi/vzw | Milestone 6

• Please log in to reply

Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss

Average Android

• 289 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:23 AM #21

I think it's not because of Trebuchet. I'm guessing it's because of the touch responsiveness in this ROM. I've had some serious responsiveness issues. The system itself is blazing fast--but when you go to tap something, it doesn't register. I even downloaded "TouchScreenTune" in an attempt to fix it. Doesn't work.

I should clarify- Trebuchet works fine for me, I'm not seeing any real responsiveness issues. It's just that Nova, my preferred ICS launcher (it lets you backup/restore layouts, which is handy, and also change the grid sizes), does not even remotely work.
  • 0 Likes

OP roman

roman

7zip Hero

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:47 AM #22

Eh, I broke down and installed this even without the cameras working- I honestly never use them anyway, so why not enjoy the features that I actually do use more? Anyway it's great- much faster and more responsive, I'm digging it.

Couple questions for Roman: We can disable your boot animation, but can we install our own? I tried flashing a zip for one I had used before but it failed.
Any idea if there's an update to Trebuchet we don't have? I tried Nova but it failed miserably, clicking the middle of the screen caused my
home pages to tab right.

you should be able to replace it just fine, just like with phone boot animations. Try doing it through root explorer, or try mounting /system in recovery before flashing the new zip

I should clarify- Trebuchet works fine for me, I'm not seeing any real responsiveness issues. It's just that Nova, my preferred ICS launcher (it lets you backup/restore layouts, which is handy, and also change the grid sizes), does not even remotely work.

Nova just seems to be awfully slow on tablets, not sure why, but that's why I include Trebuchet instead on tablets. Should be the latest version. I'll pull in the latest changes tonight just to make sure.
  • 0 Likes

iNate71

iNate71

Developer Knight

• 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:21 PM #23

Yeah, Nova just hasn't really been "optimized" for tablets yet. Write to TeslaCoil and let 'em know you want to see Nova working on Tablets.
  • 0 Likes

Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss

Average Android

• 289 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:16 PM #24

you should be able to replace it just fine, just like with phone boot animations. Try doing it through root explorer, or try mounting /system in recovery before flashing the new zip

Nova just seems to be awfully slow on tablets, not sure why, but that's why I include Trebuchet instead on tablets. Should be the latest version. I'll pull in the latest changes tonight just to make sure.

Word, thanks. Any luck on getting the hulu hack to work? Browser doesn't even seem to see flash player for me atm.
  • 0 Likes

Breezer23

Breezer23

Android Lover

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:08 PM #25

I've got this on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, my Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), and soon to be on my HP TouchPad. Love myself some AOKP! Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

Caedus

Caedus

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:01 AM #26

@ Roman

Just wondering, can you get "set number of homescreens" and "resize any widget" on this ROM?

Thanks.
  • 0 Likes

Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss

Average Android

• 289 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:25 AM #27

After installing this I wasn't able to use my tablet to get internet from my galaxy nexus, which was broadcasting bluetooth tethering from AOKP Milestone 2.
  • 0 Likes

FloridaMike

FloridaMike

Android Apprentice

• 210 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:34 PM #28

Sooooo happy aokp is here for the tab!!!!!!!! Any idea which themes might work??. I assume the framework is different from the nexus???

Sent from my GT-P7510 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

donniezazen

donniezazen

Android Apprentice

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:58 PM #29

Stock launcher has been sluggish on M3. Is it just me or other people have this problem too?
  • 0 Likes

dinan

dinan

• 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:57 PM #30

Is it me or is charging very slow on this rom?
  • 0 Likes