Rate this Topic

2 votes

[How to] change out system images using 7zip for the noob/beginner

Android theme guide
  • Please log in to reply

mcarrion78

mcarrion78

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 PM #41

Nice quick clean and to the point. I like t hat. Bout to try some stuff out. Thanks
  • 0 Likes

otis_bartleh

otis_bartleh

Android Master

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:30 PM #42

Thanks for the write up, there are always some things I'd like to change, this will help.

Although, I can't seem to get my modified systemui.apk to work. To clarify, I swapped out the soft keys in res/drawable-xhdpi, and the images I used are just different soft keys, and are named the same as the ones they replaced. I did the flashable zip method, and then tried just replacing the systemui.apk in system/app in ES File Explorer and restarting, but there has been no change in the soft keys using either method. Prior to doing all this, I reset my navbar in ROM Control so that it would be ready.

Any ideas?

Got it figured out, but used the APK-Multitool to help...

Edited by otis_bartleh, 17 August 2012 - 01:33 PM.

• 0 Likes
Xoom 4G - BAKED w/ Natemodz - Verizon
GS3 - BAKED w/ my custom Natemodz - Verizon

Make a backup before you change anything!

PappaFloyd

PappaFloyd

AndroidStoner

• 851 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:07 PM #43

Super good write up, thanks a lot! This was really easy with you guide
  • 0 Likes
Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side

SoCoolCurt

SoCoolCurt

Average Android

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM #44

nice writeup and sorry for necroposting but i'm curious how much a difference it would make if i replaced the original images with images of a different resolution?

full disclosure, i've been editing all these images and after i was finished realized i was editing the ones for the quick settings menu and not the statusbar and i would like to avoid more than just renaming if possible. thanks for the help in advance.
  • 0 Likes

ticojpunk

ticojpunk

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:38 AM #45

This is my first post here, and this writeup is what brought me to the site. Absolutely terrific guide, and I finally have my phone set up exactly the way I like it thanks to this. A million thanks.

Edited by ticojpunk, 26 March 2013 - 06:11 AM.

• 0 Likes

vincemelvin26

vincemelvin26

Average Android

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:33 AM #46

can i ask i am beginner and i want to put my name in status bar but sad to say the icon doesn't appear
  • 0 Likes

jwildman16

jwildman16

Gadget Guy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:58 AM #47

How would the Blank Flashable zip have to be changed in order to use that method to install a non-system app? I tried modifying the Facebook pngs, but ES File Explorer won't install the apk on its own.
  • 0 Likes