Rate this Topic

21 votes

[DER KERNEL] Trinity 4.1/4.2 + [ROM] RasBeanJelly [KWISATZ HADERACH]

• Please log in to reply

OP morfic

morfic

Der Developer

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:36 PM #1

Mod Type:: KernelDifficulty:: EasyMod Status:: AlphaApply In:: CWM RecoveryRequires Root:: YesSource::

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Files and source:www . Der Kernel . com-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Control your Kernel, get the App:Posted ImageWant to use PayPal?Posted Image

Featuring:
  • Offering lowered voltages
  • Build optimizations
  • Performance through research
  • Removed wasteful debugging
  • Optimized ext4 mount options
  • VM, Filesystem, governor tweaks
  • Color Control
  • Contrast Control
  • Sound Control
  • Vibration Control (3/15/2012)
  • 307MHz to 512MHz GPU as indicated in filename
  • 1344 to 1728MHz as indicated in filename or any in between or above
  • Bullshit Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)
Tabs on the site:
  • Release: Kernels that have passed the experimental stage and matured in "Prerelease" (Full 3x3 kernel sets typically)
  • Prerelease: New kernels deemed to now be ready for stabilizing, consider this the Release sandbox (Full 3x3 kernel sets typically)
  • ! Experimental !: The latest ideas, tweaks, features, test builds for users get tried here in limited sets to help speed development.

Useful Trinity & Rascream FAQ(Contributed by GideonX)Why you want Trinity Colors-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The RasbeanJellyLichti Rascream Mods

Edited by morfic, 28 November 2012 - 09:07 PM.

• 37 Likes

TYPE M GTS-t

TYPE M GTS-t

Nexus Flashaholic

• 276 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:46 PM #2

I really liked this kernel but it drained battery very quickly with the screen off. I know you don't own the phone but will this be addressed in a later release?
  • 0 Likes

wells

wells

• 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:47 PM #3

I really liked this kernel but it drained battery very quickly with the screen off. I know you don't own the phone but will this be addressed in a later release?

Already fixed, stay tuned :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

notimportant

notimportant

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:52 PM #4

Used it a bit on CNA, using it now on AOKP, I love it.

My precious....

Glad to see you are getting so close to the goal number to get the phone! This is genius without it, excited to see what comes with a device.
  • 0 Likes

icanhazdroid

icanhazdroid

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:28 PM #5

Was reading that the way the GPU is OC'd, is not working. As in the 512 is not true OC.
  • 0 Likes

TheRealBeesley

TheRealBeesley

Supporting Member

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:32 PM #6

Was reading that the way the GPU is OC'd, is not working. As in the 512 is not true OC.

Hows that? Any info/explain? Just very curious...
  • 0 Likes
Contribute Often, Lurk Moar, and XDA Less.

troyhatton

troyhatton

Android Aficionado

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:37 PM #7

This kernel flies! I do know that. The battery does seem to suffer because of whatever reason, and apparently that is being addressed. I am subscribing to this thread for sure. This guy has done fantastic work on other devices!
  • 0 Likes

wells

wells

• 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:37 PM #8

You tried nenamark2 or some other capable benchmark?

• 0 Likes

icanhazdroid

icanhazdroid

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:39 PM #9

You tried nenamark2 or some other capable benchmark?

Hows that? Any info/explain? Just very curious...

One kernel dev mentioned the patch used was not working, the same one the first people used to get 384 till they found out they weren't working. It had to be hardcoded into it or something. What does your nenamark2 say? I get 20-25 normally, I'm not running this kernel though.
  • 0 Likes

TYPE M GTS-t

TYPE M GTS-t

Nexus Flashaholic

• 276 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:41 PM #10

One kernel dev mentioned the patch used was not working, the same one the first people used to get 384 till they found out they weren't working. It had to be hardcoded into it or something. What does your nenamark2 say? I get 20-25 normally, I'm not running this kernel though.

When I ran the 512 I got around 32 fps. so it must be working. the 382 got around 27
  • 0 Likes