- - - - -

[MOD] Email without dumb margins

• Please log in to reply

OP CrushD

CrushD

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:28 PM #1

Having a large screen, I looked forward to having more screenspace to view e-mails. Unfortunately there's some dumb margins in the ICS email app, so I've gone ahead and edited them out. Just replace the Email.apk in your /system/app/ folder with the one linked below and you'll be set. For people using modified Email.apk (I'm not too aware of any) and you want to keep your mods and get my layout (also in cases where the app might not be compatible with your ROM), try overwriting /res/layout/message_compose.xml and /res/layout/mailbox_list_fragment.xml from my Email.apk to yours.

Note: This was done on 4.0.3, I dunno if it works fine for you individuals still on 4.0.2.

Before
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

Enjoy
http://www.mediafire...eflilg5f88gccnp

Edited by CrushD, 22 January 2012 - 08:10 PM.

• 8 Likes

Creed

Creed

• 86 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:39 PM #2

This is so amazing :) Finally. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this, it was probably the only thing that bothered my about the email account and it was pretty minor so thanks for fixing my most used app!

Creed
  • 0 Likes
This is probably coming to you via a Galaxy Nexus with the latest iteration of the best ROM ever: Rootzboat!

As far as my kernel, I am either running the latest Franco Kernel or the latest Kernel Sanders (Franco for battery life and Sanders for performance.)

DHO

DHO

Frenetic Amnesic

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:44 PM #3

Strong work
  • 0 Likes

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

Member of Team Vanir: Supporting Toro, Maguro, Toro+, Mako, N7, Tilapia, Manta, i605, T0ltetmo, jfltevwz/spr/att
Vanir, Commotio, HYBRYD, CNS, + Custom Gapps

00McD00

00McD00

All android, All the time

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:47 PM #4

Would you mind if I include this in BuglessBeast Remix (giving you credit of course)? I feel like this would be a very welcomed edition, I really like it.
  • 0 Likes

*Take a second and visit the Always Android blog*

OP CrushD

CrushD

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:55 PM #5

Would you mind if I include this in BuglessBeast Remix (giving you credit of course)? I feel like this would be a very welcomed edition, I really like it.

Be my guest, all are free to include it in their ROMs, guess I should've stated earlier.
  • 0 Likes

dogg94

dogg94

He's not Irish, he's not English

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:04 PM #6

This is bad a$$ man!! Nicely done I use exchange primarily and didn't even know this was bothering me until I saw it without the borders!! Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus....and I'm all outta bubble gum..
You show me how to control a wild f@*$ing gypsy, and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.

SySerror

SySerror

Flash Rapist

• 108 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:55 PM #7

Nice work, gotta do something about that spam though.
  • 0 Likes

glidewells

glidewells

Average Android

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:41 PM #8

When I placed in system/app and chose to overwrite it did, but now I don't have the icon in my app drawer. I am on codename android 1.0 rom,any ideas?
  • 0 Likes

brochaos

brochaos

• 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:10 PM #9

did you check file permissions?
  • 0 Likes

glidewells

glidewells

Average Android

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:12 PM #10

What should they be set at?