Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Petition For HTC Thunderbolt 2

• Please log in to reply

OP ibedatthunderbolt

ibedatthunderbolt

GNexed4Life

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:29 PM #1

To make this short and sweet, the purpose of this (if not already apparent) is to try to start a PETITION TO HAVE A NEXT GEN THUNDERBOLT "the Grand Daddy of the LTE" CREATED. I along with many other Thunderbolt owners out there feel that this device is still, but could also be one of the better competitors out there...it's just been left in the dark when it comes to software update support among many other things. So, what I would like is for all my other Thunderbolt supporters out there to do is reply to this post with:

A: First if you're in support of this movement

B: What aspects/features you would add/change (that you feel would make a next gen Thunderbolt better)

C: What aspects/features you would keep (pretty self explanatory)

D: Share the link to this forum so the word gets out and our voices heard (by HTC at the least)

I'll start it off...

KEEP:
*Kickstand
*8MP Rear facing camera

ADD/CHANGE:
*OS (a starting point would be ICS)
*Thickness w/backup battery (seen them do it with the G-Nex) *Better software update support...all positive comments welcome

http://www.unwiredvi...w (Unwired View' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.unwiredvi...nwired View</a>) ...even more reason for this Petition

~Ibedatthunderbolt

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Edited by ibedatthunderbolt, 20 January 2012 - 08:42 PM.

• 0 Likes
ibedatthunderbolt

kujayhawks77

kujayhawks77

Android Beginner

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:58 PM #2

To make this short and sweet, the purpose of this (if not already apparent) is to try to start a PETITION TO HAVE A NEXT GEN THUNDERBOLT "the Grand Daddy of the LTE" CREATED. I along with many other Thunderbolt owners out there feel that this device is still, but could also be one of the better competitors out there...it's just been left in the dark when it comes to software update support among many other things. So, what I would like is for all my other Thunderbolt supporters out there to do is reply to this post with:

A: First if you're in support of this movement

B: What aspects/features you would add/change (that you feel would make a next gen Thunderbolt better)

C: What aspects/features you would keep (pretty self explanatory)

D: Share the link to this forum so the word gets out and our voices heard (by HTC at the least)

I'll start it off...

KEEP:
*Kickstand
*8MP Rear facing camera

ADD/CHANGE:
*OS (a starting point would be ICS)
*Thickness w/backup battery (seen them do it with the G-Nex) *Better software update support...all positive comments welcome

http://www.unwiredvi...w+(Unwired+View' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.unwiredvi...nwired View</a>) ...even more reason for this Petition

~Ibedatthunderbolt

I don't know if I care if they keep up with the Thunderbolt naming scheme i.e. Thunderbolt 2 but here's what I'd like to see in an updated version of the Thunderbolt

Kickstand (better placement of the usb cable though)
Better camera (The one in the Thunderbolt now is great but better sensor would be nice
At least a 4.3 inch screen, maybe even 4.5 (720p or better)
Quad Core Snapdragon 1.5 S4
720p FFC

I'd love to see a slightly thinner phone which if specs on the new S4 series are true we'll see LTE getting better battery life which may lead to thinner phones

I honestly don't care about NFC ATM. I think it's a cool technology that will potentially be the next big thing but I think we're still a couple of years away for me to worry about it now and HTC isn't hopping on the NFC bandwagon anytime soon since they really like aluminium body phones which interfere with NFC.

Anyways my 2 cents..
  • 0 Likes
OG Droid, Fascinate, Nook Color, Galaxy Tab 10.1

HalosGhost

HalosGhost

Digital Jedi

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:22 PM #3

Though I may also end up jumping ship from the Thunderbolt to the GNex (we'll see), I wouldn't mind seeing a "2.0" of the Mecha in the future. Were I to change things, I would recommend:
  • moving the USB charging slot to a different location while keeping the kickstand
  • Increasing internal storage size and unifying the partitions (similar to Gnex), but, still allow for an optional SDcard.
  • Screen update, qHD or IPS+ with at least true 720p
  • ICS capacitive soft keys (no hard capacitive keys along the bottom of the screen)
  • nVidia Tegra 3 (love the quin-core setup)
  • Camera updates (2Mpx or higher to allow for HD capture)
  • NFC (I have no need for it, but I love the NFC spec from what I've seen, and to be able to play with it would be fun)
  • I know no one has really looked at having this (or at least, no one has done much with it), but RFID read/write
  • ICS, of course, but I mean AOSP. Sense is terribad.
  • Better battery (I would love 2000 mAh at least)
It's a long list, I know, but to have all of these would easily be the top-of-the-line device which would make my dreams come true :)

All the best,

-HG
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
If I've been helpful, hit the Thanks Button by this post or feel free
to sign up with my Dropbox Referral Link here.

cuguy

cuguy

Android Who

• 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:27 AM #4

I really hope that they will make a Tbolt 2. Just throw in everything that the nexus has, minus the 5MP camera, add the 12MP one, and maybe a quad core... but that's dreaming, so the latest gen Qualcomm dual core (not the max 1.5 speed that recent phones are sporting). That, my friends, is a perfect phone. Of course, throw in some reasonably sized battery.
  • 0 Likes

OP ibedatthunderbolt

ibedatthunderbolt

GNexed4Life

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:03 AM #5

I don't know if I care if they keep up with the Thunderbolt naming scheme i.e. Thunderbolt 2 but here's what I'd like to see in an updated version of the Thunderbolt

Kickstand (better placement of the usb cable though)
Better camera (The one in the Thunderbolt now is great but better sensor would be nice
At least a 4.3 inch screen, maybe even 4.5 (720p or better)
Quad Core Snapdragon 1.5 S4
720p FFC

I'd love to see a slightly thinner phone which if specs on the new S4 series are true we'll see LTE getting better battery life which may lead to thinner phones

I honestly don't care about NFC ATM. I think it's a cool technology that will potentially be the next big thing but I think we're still a couple of years away for me to worry about it now and HTC isn't hopping on the NFC bandwagon anytime soon since they really like aluminium body phones which interfere with NFC.

Anyways my 2 cents..

I hear you...much appreciated!

~Ibedatthunderbolt

• 0 Likes
ibedatthunderbolt

OP ibedatthunderbolt

ibedatthunderbolt

GNexed4Life

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:08 AM #6

Though I may also end up jumping ship from the Thunderbolt to the GNex (we'll see), I wouldn't mind seeing a "2.0" of the Mecha in the future. Were I to change things, I would recommend:

• moving the USB charging slot to a different location while keeping the kickstand
  • Increasing internal storage size and unifying the partitions (similar to Gnex), but, still allow for an optional SDcard.
  • Screen update, qHD or IPS+ with at least true 720p
  • ICS capacitive soft keys (no hard capacitive keys along the bottom of the screen)
  • nVidia Tegra 3 (love the quin-core setup)
  • Camera updates (2Mpx or higher to allow for HD capture)
  • NFC (I have no need for it, but I love the NFC spec from what I've seen, and to be able to play with it would be fun)
  • I know no one has really looked at having this (or at least, no one has done much with it), but RFID read/write
  • ICS, of course, but I mean AOSP. Sense is terribad.
  • Better battery (I would love 2000 mAh at least)
It's a long list, I know, but to have all of these would easily be the top-of-the-line device which would make my dreams come true

All the best,

-HG

Thanks for your input and support...never too much. All these are exactly what I was looking for. I'm planning on compiling a list of all these into one big "most wanted improvements" report.

~Ibedatthunderbolt

• 0 Likes
ibedatthunderbolt

tedkord

tedkord

Android Beginner

• 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:52 AM #7

720p amoled full rgb, ICS, Sense 3.5 or 4.0 if its out, quad core, 1gb or more true ddr2, at least 16gb of internal while keeping the card slot (microsdxc support). Biggest of all, LARGER CAPACITY BATTERY! At least 1800mah - a true 1800mah, not just on the label with 1450 really in there.

Sent from my BAMF'd Bolt.

Edited by tedkord, 21 January 2012 - 11:54 AM.

• 0 Likes

HalosGhost

HalosGhost

Digital Jedi

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:25 PM #8

720p amoled full rgb, ICS, Sense 3.5 or 4.0 if its out, quad core, 1gb or more true ddr2, at least 16gb of internal while keeping the card slot (microsdxc support). Biggest of all, LARGER CAPACITY BATTERY! At least 1800mah - a true 1800mah, not just on the label with 1450 really in there.

I agree on having sdxc support in the SD slot, that'd be huge. I'm not sure DDR2 is applicable in this case though. I think you just mean dual-channel, which I'd like as well. And, as for RAM in-general, I'd also root for 1 GB minimum (were it to be a tablet, I'd ask for four).

All the best,

-HG
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
If I've been helpful, hit the Thanks Button by this post or feel free
to sign up with my Dropbox Referral Link here.

tedkord

tedkord

Android Beginner

• 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:42 PM #9

Pantech has a ddr2 smartphone, o think its the Vega X. And originally the Droid Bionic was supposed to have ddr2. I'm not sure if the Bionic final had it, but ddr2 for smartphones exists.

• 0 Likes

dvgb173

dvgb173

Supporting Member

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:02 PM #10

I'd like to be able to remove the sd card without opening or powering off the phone!
And just reverse the kicstand.
Oh yeah, better display too.
Maybe HDMI?
  • 0 Likes
DougB.