[ROM][AOSP]LiquidSmooth-ICS-v1.5mr1 ROM[07/10/2012]

liquid 1.5
  • Please log in to reply

eleazar

eleazar

Android Apprentice

• 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:26 AM #7481

If you want video cam effects to work YOU MUST FLASH THE EXTRAS. Please do not report FC's about it until you flash the extras......Copied right from the OP. Not trying to be a dick, but this is what frusterates people. we are all here to help, but you gotta try and help yourself first. Its also listed several time through the thread.

In his defense, what you pasted from the OP does NOT tell us what the extras contain. It apparently fixes video cam effects but doesn't say anything else about what's included. I've also wondered what the extras are but never cared enough to ask or flash.

It would make a lot more sense to me to just list the added features of the extra.zip in the OP, just like every other rom thread out there. (not trying to be a dick...)

Edited by eleazar, 25 April 2012 - 06:27 AM.

• 1 Likes

InfernoX51

InfernoX51

Customer Service Department

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:31 AM #7482

Here's whats in the Extras:

filename: liquid_tuna-ics-eng.extras.zip
size: 31.32mb

File Contents:
META-INF
system

Skipping META-INF

Contents of system:

/system/app:
FaceLock.apk

/system/bin:
<empty>

/system/etc
/permissions
com.google.widevine.software.drm.xml

/system/framework
com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar

/system/lib
libfacelock_jni.so
libfilterpack_facedetect.so
libflint_engine_jni_api.so
libfrsdk.so
libgcomm_jni.so
libmotricity.so

/system/media
/video
AndroidInSpace.240p.mp4
AndroidInSpace.480p.mp4
Disco.240p.mp4
Disco.480p.mp4
Sunset.240p.mp4
Sunset.480p.mp4

/system/vendor
/lib
/pittpatt
<many files>

/system/xbin
<empty>

To summarize all of that, with the extras you get:

-Facelock
-DRM
-Video Cam Effects

Removed from the main ROM download to keep it light and slim, but provided in case you wanted to re-add the features.

Edited by InfernoX51, 25 April 2012 - 07:11 AM.

• 6 Likes
CM10 (winner00 build)
Franco.Kernel
Boom!

spinkick

spinkick

Android Lover

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:38 AM #7483

Did you install the first fix or the second? A second one has been posted that reverts a lot more files. It's one page back on this thread.

This totally fixed it for me!! Thank you!! That fix belongs in the main sticky imho.
  • 1 Likes

spinkick

spinkick

Android Lover

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:39 AM #7484

Edit #2 SD Card Fix for non-Franco Kernel users:

For those people not using Franco Kernel, this reverts the \system\bin\sdcard to the version from 1.25 before Franco was integrated...apparently using in LeanKernel thread found a recurring error in their logcat on 1.3 and LeanKernel...turned out to be a modified sdcard bin. Attached is a revert zip for that as well... Here is the original post in the Kernel Thread if anyone wants to read up on the errors people are seeing. http://rootzwiki.com...510#entry644203

This fixed my GPS problems and got "deeper" sleep than the other fix. Did not have to do gps resets and all that.
  • 1 Likes

Chakra

Chakra

It is the greatest of all advantages to enjoy no advantage at al

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:53 AM #7485

Here's whats in the Extras:

filename: liquid_tuna-ics-eng.extras.zip
size: 31.32mb

File Contents:
META-INF
system

Skipping META-INF

Contents of system:

/system/app:
FaceLock.apk

/system/bin:
<empty>

/system/etc
/permissions
com.google.widevine.software.drm.xml

/system/framework
com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar

/system/lib
libfacelock_jni.so
libfilterpack_facedetect.so
libflint_engine_jni_api.so
libfrsdk.so
libgcomm_jni.so
libmotricity.so

/system/media
/video
AndroidInSpace.240p.mp4
AndroidInSpace.480p.mp4
Disco.240p.mp4
Disco.480p.mp4
Sunset.240p.mp4
Sunset.480p.mp4

/system/vendor
/lib
/pittpatt
<many files>

/system/xbin
<empty>

To summarize all of that, with the extras you get:

-Facelock
-DRM
-Video Cam Effects

Removed from the main ROM download to keep it light and slim, but provided in case you wanted to re-add the features.

If I reflash the rom without wiping, flashing the same rom over agian, does the extras stick? or do they also need to be reflashed?
  • 0 Likes

loudaccord

loudaccord

Androider

• 190 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:54 AM #7486

I tried the first fix for GPS, looks to be working for now. I'm using Francisco's Kernel so I didn't try the 2nd fix.
  • 0 Likes

mutelight

mutelight

Android Lover

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:55 AM #7487

Can someone tell me is there a fix yet for downloaded images being greyed out when viewing in gallery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had downloaded images in /sdcard/Download (capital 'D') and they wouldn't show up in gallery. I created a /sdcard/download (lowercase 'd') and put the downloaded images in there, and now they show up in gallery.

I also started to see this issue when using Liquid 1.25.

It is not that they don't show up, it is just that the thumbnail looks alright but when you try to load the full image they turn up grey and garbled.

I have tried downloading numerous photos directly from the browsers on Liquid 1.25 and 1.3 and always seem to get the grey images.
  • 0 Likes
Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II w/ 64GB microSD and iPhone 5 64GB White
ROM: | CleanROM v3.5 |
Kernel: Stock
Tablets: Asus Transformer Prime 32GB and iPad 64GB LTE
Toys

tw15egan

tw15egan

• 60 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:18 AM #7488

It is not that they don't show up, it is just that the thumbnail looks alright but when you try to load the full image they turn up grey and garbled.

I have tried downloading numerous photos directly from the browsers on Liquid 1.25 and 1.3 and always seem to get the grey images.

Hmm I have also experienced this, but assumed it was just I downloaded invalid/corrupted image files. Would love to see a fix for this
  • 0 Likes

willyjay

willyjay

Supporting Member

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:21 AM #7489

Hmm I have also experienced this, but assumed it was just I downloaded invalid/corrupted image files. Would love to see a fix for this

My issue was the thumbnails wouldn't even show up....just empty/blank squares where there should be images. Creating the other download folder and transferring the images there worked for me.
  • 0 Likes
Mod folders are located HERE
donate

InfernoX51

InfernoX51

Customer Service Department

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:21 AM #7490

If I reflash the rom without wiping, flashing the same rom over agian, does the extras stick? or do they also need to be reflashed?

No you'll need to re-flash the extras as well since the main ROM flash will wipe everything out of /system.
  • 0 Likes
CM10 (winner00 build)
Franco.Kernel
Boom!