- - - - -

Asus weather widget

• Please log in to reply

OP slacker76

slacker76

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:48 PM #1

Does anyone know where i can find the Asus weather widget that will show degrees in fahrenheit?
  • 1 Likes

diaz6091

diaz6091

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:58 PM #2

i second that...was wondering myself
  • 0 Likes

stanis3k

stanis3k

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:11 PM #3

me too, i need it in farenheit as well
  • 0 Likes

Motoki

Motoki

Android Lover

• 148 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:11 PM #4

You can get it here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1048959

Be sure to follow the instructions and move the file over to system/app and then change the permissions to -rw-r--r like the rest of the apps in that directory are.

As far as setting to Fahrenheit, after you check the box you have to hit the save button but that button is not viewable in landscape mode (at least it wasn't for me). The simple solution is to turn the tablet to portrait mode. You should now see the save button in the lower right corner I believe.

As an aside, the water live wallpaper also in that linked post can be installed via the same method and is pretty nifty imho.

Edited by Motoki, 19 January 2012 - 02:19 PM.

• 3 Likes

OP slacker76

slacker76

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:35 PM #5

Thanks for the info! What an easy fix!

Be sure to follow the instructions and move the file over to system/app and then change the permissions to -rw-r--r like the rest of the apps in that directory are.

As far as setting to Fahrenheit, after you check the box you have to hit the save button but that button is not viewable in landscape mode (at least it wasn't for me). The simple solution is to turn the tablet to portrait mode. You should now see the save button in the lower right corner I believe.

As an aside, the water live wallpaper also in that linked post can be installed via the same method and is pretty nifty imho.

• 0 Likes

jimbob

jimbob

• 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:32 PM #6

I just downloaded the signed .apk and installed though file manager works well!!
  • 0 Likes

vide infra

vide infra

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:41 PM #7

thank you! this was driving me crazy. such an easy fix.
  • 0 Likes

apbling

apbling

• 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:52 AM #8

Sorry, I'm quite dense.... I downloaded the widgets to my tp, but cannot figure out the "move the file over to system/app and change persmissions....". I'm not sure what to do, but I don't have a folder named system. I am using ES file explorer. If I just installed the signed versions, they install, but crash when I trying to use them.
  • 0 Likes

slightsanity

slightsanity

• 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:26 AM #9

Sorry, I'm quite dense.... I downloaded the widgets to my tp, but cannot figure out the "move the file over to system/app and change persmissions....". I'm not sure what to do, but I don't have a folder named system. I am using ES file explorer. If I just installed the signed versions, they install, but crash when I trying to use them.

I'm not sure about what you're trying to do with the ""move the file over to system/app and change persmissions...", but all I needed to do is go to Settings>Security>Device Administration and check Unknown Sources to allow installation of non-market apks, then find the apk in the file manager and run it to install.
  • 0 Likes

Motoki

Motoki

Android Lover

• 148 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:41 AM #10

You have to go to the root directory, meaning the absolute top, no parent, nowhere to go further up directory. Basically the equivalent of C:\ in Windows. If I recall correctly, by default ES File Explorer puts you in the SD Card directory so you have to figure out how to browse up to the root directory. It's been a while since I used ES and I'm not at my tablet right now so I can't directly help you with that.

You could try just installing the APK after checking off the box to allow apps from unkown sources to be installed, but I tried doing that first and it did not work for me until I made it a system app. The install method seems to be working for some other people though so it's worth a shot to try. *shrug*
  • 0 Likes